North East Region Regional Board for the North East. Topics like local car shows, cruise nights, good mechanics, machine shops, and so on.

Any interest in a CT thirdgen meet

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 03:13 PM
Supreme Member

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
Car: Building LS3, T56 Z28
Engine: LS3
Transmission: T-56
Axle/Gears: Moser/ 4.11
Re: Any interest in a CT thirdgen meet

Sounds great. And its far off. Over a month from now. That should give me plenty of time to get some drag radials on and dyno tunned. Sounds like fun. Anyone else here going? I will.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 1984 Firebird T/A
Engine: 406sbc
Transmission: TH400
Axle/Gears: Moser 9"

If you want to meet up on the highway up there dennis that would be cool.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:50 PM
Supreme Member

Sure. We will ork something out. We have a month. Someplace on 95
Old 08-28-2007, 07:16 AM
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1991Firebird T/A
Engine: 350
Transmission: Modified Viper t-56
Axle/Gears: dana 44, 3.55

Hey, I just google mapped enfield and boston. Worcester is pretty close to right in the middle!!!
hehe - except not all of us are from the vernon/enfield area! vernon and enfield are a solid hour ride for me! It's just tough for me to make anything that is earlier than 7pm because i don't leave work until 530, mix that with traffic and trying to get up there it is a nightmare...
Old 08-28-2007, 10:05 AM
Supreme Member

yeah, thats tough. Well there is always chevyfest. And next years summer nats.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:14 PM
AC
Supreme Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: Used to drive a camaro

Steve, you going to make the BBQ next Saturday (15th)?
Old 08-28-2007, 07:44 PM

Car: 1991 Camaro RS
Engine: 350 TPI
Transmission: 700R4 Auto
Axle/Gears: 1 legger 2.xx(needs upgrade)

i had just gotten an email from ac. I personally would think it would be great if Dennis and AC were Co Presidents of our club. And from ac's email i think the name he has thought of is great. NEFBA = New England F-Body Association. I also think that the faster we come up with our name it will make things roll a little bit quicker. I also have an idea of making business cards for our Club. It should have our Name on it and the thirdgen website. Also the two presidents emails. Dennis for MASS and AC for CT. So we can put them on windshields of other fbodys that we see, and that we do not know. Hopefully that will bring in a lot more people. I see fbodys all the time and wish i had something to give them so they could join with us or at least look into it.

anyways can't wait for next year.. itl be a great year of lot of meets and eventually as AC stated in my email that we will eventually get the attention of big players like Super Chevy, Camaro Performers, etc.

on the other note, i should be getting my car back tomorrow from the body shop after that lady backed into my fender.. then ill be changing spark plugs/flushing tranny fluid and working on getting my headers in.. and also troubleshooting my cooling fans since they do not want to turn on anymore.. even though i have power to the relays, both fans do work, 2 brand new relays, changed fan fuse even though it was perfectly fine.. and then i ran outa time to look so ill be doing that as well
Old 08-28-2007, 11:32 PM

AC and Dennis would be good Co-presidents. One of my buddies from Blackout Racing had a banner made up and I can see how much he paid and stuff for it. It's a really nice banner.

Side note for me.... I'm gonna run my engine until it blows and build my other engine in the mean time. I'm trying to get it to run as best as I could to try and race a Chevyfest. Still up in the air though.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:10 AM

Car: 1984 RPO "Y84" Recaro T/A
Engine: HO 305ci L69
Transmission: T-5
Axle/Gears: WS6, J65, GT4: 3:73, G80: posi

Hi Guys! I live in the Springfield, Mass area. I just finally got my membership straightened for TGO , (posting issues). Anyway, I've been readin these posts and rippin my hair out. Count me in for the Summernats '08. I'd love to make the NED chevyfest, but I'm not positive about that. My 'Birds at my girlfriend's in Lawrence, Ma, near I495 & I93 so I'm halfway there, kinda. She ain't 100% but she's always eager to run hard. And my car's O.K. too, J/K. Seriously, I'm game for a semi-local 3rd Gen group. It be awesome to run with a pack of organized 3rdgens. Another bonus to this idea: I've been finding lots of great Third-Gen parts cars. I hate seeing good stuff go to waste. Perhaps we could form a parts co-op of sorts too? I was in "A.C.E.S." when I had my '72 Chevelle. Lots of guys would set up monthly "finds" on AOL back in the early-mid 90's. It slowly got hijacked by every money grubber...hopefully we could keep it local and DL, or use it as a FUN-$$$ for our group...
Old 08-29-2007, 06:20 AM
AC
Supreme Member

These are all good posts that seems to have most of our interest. This is good talk for the 15th. The name game is one that will take a bit to get one that is both representative and also another non f-body car guy/girl would get. Jay emailed me a good point that basically said a "F-Body" name isn't always the clearest to non-fbody folks. So now the name should be "TransCamBird" club.... Back to the drawing board for a name.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:04 AM
Supreme Member

Brother Al: Great to hear you are interested and so local. Let me know if you are free Sat, me and a another TGO member go to a local show in Framingham. Always worth it. Anyways, Try and get me your info so I can add you to the master list.

I would be more than willing to be the MASS Pres. of the club. I get so exited every morning when I read all these posts about people joining and all the interest. The business card idea sounds great. TJ (redfirebirdman8) made some flyers that worked our great. They were 8.5x11 and had a pic of my car and his car and had our e-mails and phone #s. No one had called me yet, but it still seemed like a great idea. If someone could make some cards and give me a small stack, then I could just leave a small pile on my rad support or something at shows when my hood is up. People always come by and ask me stuff and seem to want to know more about what I am doing.

So I say green light the card idea. Who has the capability of designing that?

And finally for the name idea.... This is going to be tough. I agree thought that a lot of people have no idea what an f-body is.

I think everyone should start posting any and all ideas. Usually the best one, when it comes to things like this is a hybrid of a few.

I think the name should have the words "New England" to show where we are from, but it doesn't necessarily have to have the work "club". I dunno this is harder than I thought.

Well I am gonna go keep thinking while I do work.....
Old 08-29-2007, 07:53 AM
AC
Supreme Member

I can design the cards no problem. I've been doing 2D,3D,animation for the last 15 years. Although that's no longer my job I still do it as a hobby / side job. More stuff to go over on the 15th. Once I start getting drafts of the cards I'll post them as .jpgs in a new thread under this forum.
Old 08-29-2007, 08:14 AM
Supreme Member

Wasn't there at one point already a NE fbody assoc?

Anyways, What BBQ? Where?

I'll see what i can do as far as being there!
Old 08-29-2007, 08:31 AM
Supreme Member

AC is having a BBQ at his house in CT the 15th of Sept. AC e-mail fb305svs the info. Looks like we got another!

fb305svs: PM me all your info and I will add you to the master list. Where are you located?

AC, not sure if I had said this before, but I will def make it out to your place on the 15th.

And as for the speculation about there already being a club like this. I think there was, but who cares. If they were doing the kinda stuff we wanted, we would have run into them a thousand times. So we are making our own.

Names? Names? Names?

Maybe we can just use the F-body thing, but under the name that will be in bold, we can have in small italics, Camaro, Firebird, Trans Am Club

Kinda like:

New England F-body
Camaro, Firebird, Trans Am Club
Old 08-29-2007, 09:38 AM

Car: 1992 camaro Z28
Engine: 305 TPI
Transmission: 700 r4

all of this sounds great. i have moved in to college for the year in Hartford and hopefully my car will be coming down here soon. as far as a direction for the club i think it is great that Dennis and ac are the presidents of the club. as far as a club name i think new england f body is ok.... but it is now terribly unique and there is already like Connecticut fbody assoc. and others across the county. also there was a pretty well established club and forum at nefbody.org.
if you read the second post in the thread below you will find out what happened to the club.

http://web.camaross.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4808933

IMO i would be cautious about adopting their name for two reasons. first for confusion purposes about members in the old club and now all of us who had nothing to do with the club. i might get a little confusing between the members, especially if they ever got their club back together. also and more importantly i would not want our club to be confused with their club by outsiders. we have no idea if that old club had some type of problems with other organizations, police, car shows, race tracks, etc. if we took their name then people could and probably would associate us with the problems of the old club. especially if we are gonna get stickers and flyers made i wouldn't want people assuming that we are the same guys as the old club. the other thing about that name is that the old nefbody seemed to have a lot of first and 4th gen cars which we have none of. are we gonna be recruiting other generation fbodys too

i also think that if we could organize buisness cards or flyers, stickers, t-shirts, and a website it would be awesome too.

thats just my 2 cents on the issue. having said all that, i have no better ideas for a club name but i will think about it too.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:28 AM
AC
Supreme Member

CFT-ONE: Camaro, Firebird,TransAm-Owners of New England
I'll be posting any gfx ideas this week.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:57 AM
Supreme Member

Not bad at all. Its on the list.

I am thinking about other order those words can go in. That might be a very strong possibility.

I keep thinking about how easy it will be to say, haha. And what part(s) will be omitted once people get used to it. Like if people are local and refering to the club, would they maybe omit the NE, and call it CFT, TFC, FCT ( that one sounds bad... )

I am kinda liking CTF, Just cuz I am used to saying that from playing online games. It stands for capture the flag. So for me it just rolls off the tongue.

CTF-NE

hmmm............
Old 08-29-2007, 02:07 PM

Club is looking good I'm glad I can be a part of it. How about Third Gens of New England? I like the sound of a few names but when you label it as f-body it doesnt seem unique because then any other f-body style could join and I thought this was suposed to me a thirdgen group? I saw some of the stuff on NEfbody.org and it wasnt pretty, so If we can keep away from that name it would be a lot better.I can make business cards on my computer and print them out in high quality so if you want to send some ideas in a pdf. to me online I can print some out and take a pic to show you guys.
Old 08-29-2007, 03:07 PM
Supreme Member

Well i guess we should have a vote right now about weather or not we are taking in any other F-body generations? I personally don't mind. A couple 1st gens, maybe a second here and there, and a small handfull of 4ths.... No biggie in my eyes. The club will be 90* thirgens anyways. It would help to beef up #s if we took in 4th gens too. I don't think there will be a bunch of first and second gens wanting to join anyways, they kinda do their own thing.

Let me know what you guys think/want.

Thats 1 OK, 0 Not OK.
Old 08-29-2007, 03:24 PM

I dont mind... It changes the standpoint for what to think of for names is one of the reason why I asked. My dad might be interested now since its most likely going to be all generations.

Just stay away from the NEfbody name.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:07 PM
Supreme Member

NEFBA would be ok... (northeast fbody association)

we could do newengland firebird and camaro club (NEFCC or NECFC)

i'll have to mark the 15th on my calender - hopefully i'll be able to make it.

Honestly though, i think this is all kind of circumventing the CTFBA (ct fbody assoc) - there is more than enough room for people like us there, it just needs more active people on the site. There are plenty of members in the ctfba that are MA and NY natives. Just my thoughts, i'm in regardless.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:14 PM

Car: 1992 camaro Z28
Transmission: 700 r4

i have no problem about making it available to all 4 (soon to be 5) generations of f bodys. however i do think that we try to differentiate us from other new england area camaro and firebird clubs. i quickly looked around for some of the other clubs that are in the area that may or may not still exist. here's what i found.

here is some stuff on other clubs i found

http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=78377

https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/nort...nd-f-body.html

these are some clubs i have found i have no idea how ligit they are.

Connecticut - CT FBody Association, www.ctfba.com (http://www.ctfba.com/)

CT Camaro Club, 460 Emmett St, Bristol, CT 06010

CT Camaro Owners Assoc, 16 Duno Rd, Enfield, CT 06082

Mass Camaros Car Club, 33 Boyle Place, Leominster, MA 01453

Firebirds Forever Car Club (http://www.firebirdsforever.org/)

New England Camaro Club, 78 W Pine St, Newton, MA 02466

New england F-body www.Nefbody.org (http://www.nefbody.org/)

east coast camaro club http://www.eastcoastcamaroclub.com/

i have no problem including all fbodys but i think we should try to make ourselves unique as far as our name and our mission is concerned. i think we should check out the esac coast f body site for ideas of how to run a good club because they have by laws and membership info on ther site as well as calendars, member info, forum, car shows, etc.

just some ideas.....
Old 08-29-2007, 04:16 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 92 trans am clone
Engine: LO3
Transmission: 700r4

hey guys im near hartford ct actually 10 min from the pike if youd like to have a meet there id be down. there are only a couple places to really hang out without stupid people. you could do hooters or dunkin donuts across the street. you could also do burger king on a friday so nobodys there. also there will be a jannettys drag day sept 21st at lebanon valley. open to all cars and can run unlimited amount of times. just heads up racing. ill be heading up there with my firebird shooting for 12s and my dad will be heading up with his 87 camaro bone stock.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:45 PM

Well, I don't like to be snooty towards the "other" generations, but I have found that our 3rd gen cars are bastardized at many rallies and shows. I know, I used to do it once upon a time....God do I regret it! That was over 8 years ago though and I've learned my lesson. A local Poncho guy called my car a blasphamy cuz it's a "Chevy-Bird". I dunno I guess tag alongs R OK...as long as we try to maintain a core of 3rd Gens and not let our group splinter into a disasterous mess like the aformentioned club. I'd love to make it Saturday, but my Girlfriend and I have a bunch of things planned, Thanx for the invite tho!
Old 08-29-2007, 09:46 PM
Jay
Supreme Member

Car: 88 IROC
Engine: 5.7 RamJet
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: Dana44 4.10

Along the lines of what Steve ( fb305svs ) said in regards to the CTFBA, I would vote no to other generations.

Not that I really have an issue with them and certainly would be opposed to having friends with other generations tagging along to events etc. It would be nice to have a thirdgen specific club.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:15 PM

, There's lots of car clubs for everyone but us. After all, why did we come to TGO? B'cuz no other Camaro or Firebird group cares much unless we put a big block or LT/LS series engine in our cars. Hell, the same Poncho guy told me to put a Poncho motor in my car if I wanted to join his "Pontiac Association". I'd love to build a Poncho R/A 400ci, but it'd cost me a fortune to build and design a functioning smog system that actually passes Mass smog. I did look heavily into this and it could be done theoretically, but .....My point is that we should stick to Third-Gens and fans of them, but tag-alongs are welcome.

Last edited by Brother Al; 08-29-2007 at 11:04 PM. Reason: added some info
Old 08-29-2007, 11:01 PM

Here's a name: Nor' Easters Third Gen Organization.....All '82-'92 Camaros & Firebird are Welcome! aka "N.E.T.-G.O." Where else do our beloved Nor' Easters occur? The "N.E." also doubles for New England. That way most folks will kinda figure out where we are. We're members of TGO right?, so our logo could be a mildly modified version of the TGO logo...with permission of course! It would be most appropriate if we sent a sum of $ to help pay for this TGO site..."Out of Gratitude"...Just another from me.

Keeping this thing alive is gonna require some serious dedication if we want to do this. I would know, Im a Freemason and an officer in my Lodge. Its a lot of work to keep people involved in anything these days. I've got a lot of experience in organizing charitable events. But if we all do a little bit, nobody has to bear all the weight. The K.I.S.S. rule definately applies here!
Old 08-30-2007, 12:37 AM

I dont mind other gens, joining in but in going with brother Als points a thirdgen specific club is kind of how this started and maybe should stay that way. A lot of people don't like thirdgens and talk down on them a lot. Maybe keeping it for our cars only isnt a bad idea....just my 2 cents
Old 08-30-2007, 04:34 AM

Car: 1991 Camaro RS
Engine: 350 TPI
Transmission: 700R4 Auto
Axle/Gears: 1 legger 2.xx(needs upgrade)

i would like to keep it to thirdgen spec.. also.. i wouldnt mind 4th 1st or 2nd gens tagging along here and there but we started this as a thirdgen club so why not keep it that way? and theres sites for 4th gen and 2nd and 1st gen camaros just never anything for us and hte name i liked the most was the New England F-body Association then in small font underneath it put 1982-1992 Camaro - Firebirds or something to that matter. NEFBA!
Old 08-30-2007, 05:36 AM

Car: 1985 Trans Am
Transmission: 700-R4
Axle/Gears: 3.23

Originally Posted by tourville
i would like to keep it to thirdgen spec.. also.. i wouldnt mind 4th 1st or 2nd gens tagging along here and there but we started this as a thirdgen club so why not keep it that way? and theres sites for 4th gen and 2nd and 1st gen camaros just never anything for us and hte name i liked the most was the New England F-body Association then in small font underneath it put 1982-1992 Camaro - Firebirds or something to that matter. NEFBA!
ya i agree 100%
Old 08-30-2007, 06:27 AM
AC
Supreme Member

I'd personally like to keep New England in the name. Northeast encompasses too big of a region (Penn, Ohio, NJ, etc). As far as other generations, I'm on the fence right now...still thinking. What I do agree is to not include F-body in the name, only because for others may not realize what an F-body is. Hell, I don't even know what a Grand National is....G-body?? What about a Vette? The Corvette is world renown for many, many reasons, but who outside of a vette owner knows what body style it is??
Old 08-30-2007, 07:31 AM
Supreme Member

Good point.

You guys all make great points about the club becoming too baud if we start including everyone. Hmmm...

AC, I will dive into the "only thirdgen" bandwagon if you will.

If we wanna make this a CLUB and not a jumble of car guys, maybe we should stick to 3rd gens.

I am still on the wall about the name though. Maybe we shouldn't have the word F-body in it. I kinda like saying Camaro Firebird. It explicitly says who is in the club. Maybe thats all we need, who is in, and where we are from.

Where: New England
Who: Third gen Camaro, Firebird, Trans Am (Is trans am really needed though? Its basically an upgraded bird, kinda like Z28 or Iroc)
What: a club

Camaro Firebird Club of New England.

CFCNE

------------------------

Oh by the way, with brother al and fb305, we are at 21 members now!
Old 08-30-2007, 07:38 AM
Jay
Supreme Member

Car: 88 IROC
Engine: 5.7 RamJet
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: Dana44 4.10

Originally Posted by AC
Hell, I don't even know what a Grand National is....G-body?? What about a Vette? The Corvette is world renown for many, many reasons, but who outside of a vette owner knows what body style it is??
Yeah and it gets confusing.. the G body line Malibu started in 78 as an A body, but then switched in 82 to G. Y body is the Corvette but only from 84 - present.. but the Cadillac XLR 2005+ is a Y body also lol.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:GM_platforms

Not to mention the 5th gen wouldn't really be an F body since it's being built on the Zeta platform.

Last edited by Jay; 08-30-2007 at 07:43 AM.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:19 AM
Supreme Member

True that Jay. True that.

So can we decide on a name or are we gonna just take all suggestions and wait till the BBQ?
Old 08-30-2007, 08:53 AM
AC
Supreme Member

My vote is wait till the BBQ. I mean, keep posting ideas that way people have choices to chew on and think about until a firm decision date...the 15th.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:57 AM
86Z
TGO Supporter

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Car: 1986 Camaro SC
Engine: 305 TPI Procharged D1SC
Transmission: Tremec TKO-600
Axle/Gears: Moser 12 Bolt 3.73 posi

i agree with others when they say "thirdgen" only, it allows us to check out each others work and get idea's from one another, allowing other cars will just phase us out, although i have no name suggestions as of yet brought the car to work today to do some more tuning, i think i'll turn on the methanol today to see how she likes it, adam what's the news on your ride?
Old 08-30-2007, 09:02 AM
AC
Supreme Member

86Z, about time you chimed in You coming on the 15th? You know we got the red,white,& blue cars now I was talking about.

My story...I'm a farter,popper,smoker,sputterer. I mean my car atleast. I'm going to possibly try and get it to idle tonight on her own. Did you say TPRT will see the innovative or do I have to have the innovative serial plugged in? If I do that then I can log w/ TPRT.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:39 AM
86Z
TGO Supporter

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Car: 1986 Camaro SC
Engine: 305 TPI Procharged D1SC
Transmission: Tremec TKO-600
Axle/Gears: Moser 12 Bolt 3.73 posi

yeah 'actual AFR' is your wideband o2. i'm hoping to make it the 15th
Old 08-30-2007, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by dennisbernal91z
Good point.

You guys all make great points about the club becoming too baud if we start including everyone. Hmmm...

AC, I will dive into the "only thirdgen" bandwagon if you will.

If we wanna make this a CLUB and not a jumble of car guys, maybe we should stick to 3rd gens.

I am still on the wall about the name though. Maybe we shouldn't have the word F-body in it. I kinda like saying Camaro Firebird. It explicitly says who is in the club. Maybe thats all we need, who is in, and where we are from.

Where: New England
Who: Third gen Camaro, Firebird, Trans Am (Is trans am really needed though? Its basically an upgraded bird, kinda like Z28 or Iroc)
What: a club

Camaro Firebird Club of New England.

CFCNE

------------------------

Oh by the way, with brother al and fb305, we are at 21 members now!
As far as thirdgen specific... I think it would be a good idea to keep it like that, there are plenty of other groups for the other generations. Our cars arent very liked among the muscle car community so maybe we should keep it to our own style. As far as a name goes, I like CFCNE. It doesnt sound like any other club and it specifically says who we are and what kind of cars we have. Since I can't make the BBQ my vote goes to that. And No I dont think Trans am is needed eventhough I own one. It was designed to be a better looking faster version of a firebird so it doesnt really need it's own name.
Old 08-30-2007, 11:07 AM
Supreme Member

I like the fact that it would be all thirdgen...

Not a fan of any name with "nor' easter" in it... i hate those damn storms...
Old 08-30-2007, 12:10 PM
Supreme Member

LOL, good idea. No nor' in the name. I guess everyone should try and jot down 3 ideas or so, and we will come up with the best on the 15th.

And I guess lets make it official.

This club will be:
"ONLY THIRD GENS!"

lol

Unless on the 15th we decide otherwise. But it sure sounds like people really like the only thirdgen idea.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:36 PM

This club isnt going to be one of those clubs where you have to pay a yearly membership and all that stuff is it? As far as a website goes, I think our own section here on TGO would be really nice. If we can get a MOD to make a sticky at the top once we decide on a name and post our stuff in there it would be cool. Just an idea.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:36 PM
AC
Supreme Member

My experience and thoughts are any sort of dues aren't neccessary until you start having activities for / with the members that incur any sort of substantial costs. My BBQ for example, isn't substantial. If everyone wants to meet up in E-Town NJ and have a BBQ there with merchandise or start producing videos, websites, or any other sort of promotion, that "could" justify membership. If we all want to go to the woodward dream cruise as an originized group then we all may want to chip in for general costs.
If all of you that are actually interested in forming some sort of orginized gathering / membership to a club are nominating Dennis and I as Presidents then him and I can discuss it but I'll be very public right now in saying I don't want to have cost associated with this club unless there are specific cirmumstances that require members of our club to "chip in".
Old 08-30-2007, 01:48 PM
Supreme Member

I am on the same page as you AC.
Old 08-30-2007, 02:22 PM

OK Nor' Easters do suck if you gotta drive an F-body in 'em, but 4x4's make 'em fun..

My main thought was to honor TGO in the group name like most other localized groups do and, of course, get the area recognition. New England Third-Gen.Org "NETGO" plus the TGO logo. Its easy to say & remember. Let our cars do the speaking for who/what we are. Of course Im also partial to it 'cuz I came up with that name, sorry This is the place that got us to this point. For any would-be NewBs or interested folks they could find us easily 'cuz they'd remember the name/web search name for TGO. I found TGO through several TGO member YouTube posts. Look under 3rdgen.org & Thirdgen.org...Lots of cool stuff representing this site/Org.

I agree with you 85Firebird 350 that we go with leaving T/A out of the Title. S/E...T/A...TT/A...Formula...Z-28...Iroc...Iroc-Z...RS...Berlinetta...Its all down to semantics after Camaro/Firebird...LOL
Old 08-30-2007, 02:29 PM

Yeah AC, , the big problem with dues is that you have to get the IRS involved, tax ID's, ETC. Perhaps we should ask members to send a donation of 3 bucks to TGO for the costs of maintainig this site tho? I'm big on paying respect to those who put in their time & money to make good things happen.
Old 08-30-2007, 03:23 PM

AC you still here? I don't live very far from you...Chicopee namely. I might make it on the 15th, PM the info. I can't promise that I'll be there, but I'll try. I'm all for letting anyone be Pres. of each group. The group window stickers are an awesome idea. Last Friday I was in my "Bird on MA 290 heading to my Girlfriends in Lawrence...As I passed Worcester, A kid (25ish?) in a gorgeous Silver Formula 350 came up behind me for a bit and we kinda cruised for awhile in tandem until he got off around Marlboro. Thought about pullin off to chat but I had steaks in the cooler and my girl was making the rest of our dinner. An ORG sticker would've been nice. There's also a guy in Chicopee with a nice '89 TT/A. Talked to him last year about a group like this at Hemmings Musclepalooza '06- Spring bash...

If we want some major recognition, thats the place to go. Hemmings Muscle puts it on and its really affordable $10 bucks per adult, $15 per car/driver entry, plus you can drag race for a few bucks more, !! Its a lot friendlier and cheaper than NE dragway too This spring was awesome, over 700 cars in the show field and drag lanes combined. Sadly, there were only 3 Third Gens in the show field, Mine, the TT/A, and a Camaro. Several in the drags too. B'cuz its Hemmings, theres lot of mint/rare vintage muscle cars. If we showed up to that in force, Wow! We'd surely open some eyes. Hemmings doesn't speak highly of Third-Gens unless they're 1LE's, TT/As, or Firehawks. We could change the muI1et perception I'd better get a haircut...J/K

Its @ Lebanon Valley Dragway, NY US Rt20 every Memorial day weekend and Labor Day Weekend...IE this Sunday 8am to 4pm?. Id love to go to that too, but I've got way too much to do. Just watch out for NY state troopers, there's a barracks right in town.
Old 08-30-2007, 03:23 PM
AC
Supreme Member

Brother Al, you are 100% is recongizing TGO for the place they provide. I've been a member per their records for almost 8 years but in actuality more like 11 years (during the year or so TGO non-existence). Asking members to donate is a good idea and I'd just ask that they do consider what TGO has provided and if they can donate great, if not TGO doesn't ask anything more from them except to obey the rules while visiting this great site.

Having a New England specific forum is something Dennis or I can ask the mod's to see if that's a good idea and possible. IF not well then....we'll have to be creative in coming up with another idea.

So Dennis and I ask that you keep posting the name ideas and bring your thoughts to the BBQ on the 15th. We'll then post a poll thread that lists the names decided at the BBQ plus suggestions that came from members not able to attend the BBQ. From that I'd think it's a majority rules type decision on the chosen club name....woohoo...democracy at it's finest!

On another note I've seen 1 or 2 other members offering to draft a logo / card of some sort that identifies us as a group. I'm also an ex-supergrafx nerd ranging from 2D illustration to full 3D animation and everything in between encompassing graphics. Please start a seperate thread for those gfx ideas and post there as necessary. We can all visit and provide feedback from there.

For those of you on the masterlist, I'll get with Dennis to make sure I have you all on my home email so that anything coming from outside TGO gets to you. I'm considering this masterlist as the actuall list of TGO members wishing to be become part of this club. Dennis please shoot me a home email
Old 08-30-2007, 03:30 PM

Yeah, I say your post about that earlier...You got my vote for GFX man!
Old 08-30-2007, 03:38 PM
Supreme Member

email: dennisbernalitaly@hotmail.com

I will send you a copy of the master list. It is an excel file

Quick Reply: Any interest in a CT thirdgen meet