NW Indiana and South Chicago Suburb Looking for club members to have gatherings, cruises, and to help each other out.

i got hit by van. my nightmare came true

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2005, 08:38 PM
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 91 formula
Engine: 350 tuned port. bolt ons
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: 3.73
i got hit by van. my nightmare came true

So i asked by boss if i can go home early on chrismas eve at 12.00 he said ok. i was driving home in my formula stoped at a red turn light. it turned green so i started to make the turn when a van tryed to make a left turn from the right lane he ran right into the side of my car. he got out and started talking to me in polish. HE DID NOT SPEAK A WORD OF ENGLISH. My passanger side fender is dented and my passanger door is in bad shape. i looked at his car and his car in not half as bad as my car. my insurance will not cover my car. now i have to pay out of my pocket. i will never know how someone gets a driver license not knowing english i was thinking of puting a new fender and door on myself but thought what if the door or fender is damage at the joints so i will be taking it to a body shop.

Last edited by formula forever; 12-29-2005 at 09:24 PM.
Old 12-29-2005, 09:30 PM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Car: 1989 GTA Trans sold :(
Engine: 350 TPI L98 (B2L)
Transmission: TH700 R-4
Axle/Gears: 3.27
that sucks dude...as long as your okay ...that's what matters...
i know what you mean though, heck i know people who can't talk and drive at the same time...and you see people out there driving big suvs and talking on the phones all the time, not paying attention to the road ahead...heck i bumped into a woman who stopped sudden at a merging intersection where she was suppose to keep going!....As we both met to see our vehicles, she was talking, broken english..i told her that there's a sign right behind us that says in ENGLISH "Traffic merging right must not stop" because your suppose to stay in your own lane while merging with the traffic....

She left it at that and we continued on..but there was no significant damage to begin with ..other then my front licence plate being dented...
Old 12-30-2005, 03:39 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 91 RS
Engine: 350tpi comming soon!
Transmission: fixed the 700r4 again!
dude.. if someone hits yuou with no insurrance you can sue the hell out of them to eventually recoupe you damages.. seek legal advise..
Old 12-30-2005, 03:48 PM
Supreme Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 91 Camaro Vert
Engine: 02 LS1, HX40
Transmission: 2002 LS1 M6
Originally posted by bbtaz97
dude.. if someone hits yuou with no insurrance you can sue the hell out of them to eventually recoupe you damages.. seek legal advise..
if you sue someone thats broke, or someone who isnt legally in the country, then you get nothing except legal bills.
Old 12-30-2005, 05:16 PM
Supreme Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 1997 Corvette
Engine: LS1
Transmission: 4L60E
Axle/Gears: 2.73 IRS
Didn't you get his information at all? Have a chat with his insurance company. If it turns out he didn't have insurance, you should have had the police show up (you should have had this happen anyways no matter what), and you should contact your insurance company...uninsured motorist protection?

I pay $36 every 6 months for uninsured motorist coverage up to $300,000 (I was just looking over my insurance stuff this evening) for my '98 Z. Wouldn't drive a car without it after my dad's old Concorde got totalled by some girl without insurance. Luckily, he had uninsured motorist coverage for that as well, and we didn't pay a dime out of our pockets, and he came away with $11k towards his Lexus.
Old 12-30-2005, 05:36 PM

Location: "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." -RIPHST
Car: 1991 RS
Engine: 383TBI Fastburns and 2"TB
Transmission: T56 held up by Spohnstuff
Just because he was only speaking Polish doesn't mean he cannot speak English. People can put on Oscar-winning performances when their azz is in trouble.

Did you call the police?
Did you get his drivers license information and license plate?

If the other driver did not have insurance, in Illinois, you go to jail or pay a large $~3000 bond to not go to jail.
If he left the scene, he gets another ticket for doing so.

If you haven't already done so, I would go to the police station and ask to talk to an officer and file a report. You help pay their salary- at least see what they have to offer. This is a situation where they may be able to help. Every day you wait makes it that much less likely you will recover anything.

If you didn't call the police and file a report (or at a minimum get his license plate and DL info), you shafted yourself. Yes, he was a schumck for hitting you and I'm sorry to see any car get damaged, but you got to take care of yourself- no one else is going to do it for you. Hopefully you learned a lesson. It could have been a lot worse- ie.. injuries, etc..

And Mr Dude is right- don't waste your money on a weasel lawyer. MOST of them only want money, regardless of who it is coming from. The honest ones are typically out of business or have bigger fish to fry. Let the police and your insurance company bust his *****. You are paying for both of those anyway, might as well use them. Talk to your insurance agent and find out other suggested courses of action. Your function in society is not to pay them money and have them just say "sorry" in your time of need. Make them earn your money.

S-D

PS: How do people get DL's even though they don't speak english? Well here in Illinois, why waste the breath to even ask the question? If he has a Driver's License at all, it could be fake or even purchased right from the Secretary of State. Things are getting better, but the good people of Illinois hit a pretty bad patch of government over the last 10-12 years (current state government is nothing to write home about either).
But I think at least licenses are not being sold over the counter anymore.

Cripes, I'm ranting.
Sorry.
Old 12-30-2005, 09:26 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 91 formula
Engine: 350 tuned port. bolt ons
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: 3.73
we did go to the police. the cop filled out a accident report and tolded us to call the insurance company. i do not have full covarage and neather does he. so they have to find out who is at fault. the insurance company told be more then likely i will have to pay for my car damages
Old 12-31-2005, 05:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 91 GTA, 91 Formula, 89 TTA
Engine: all 225+ RWHP
Transmission: all OD
Axle/Gears: Always the good ones
Full coverage matters nothing about how an accident is settled.

Full coverage only makes u pay more so if u wreck your car or an un insured motorist hits u, you've payed for the priviledge of getting a check from your own insurance company.

Legally, u only have to have liability for insurance purposes. It covers you hitting other people and their vehicles.

If u have a police report and it was his fault, than you will be fine if he has insurance. Just dont accpet lowball offers that wont replace what you honeslty lost. Contact me directly if u have questions about delaing with them, as I am quite an @#$%hole and will give u some pointers to settle good in your favor :-)

later
Jeremy
Old 01-01-2006, 08:37 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1994 Jeep Wrangler
I got your van colission beat. I got rear ended in my truck on the 23rd when I was down with my girlfriend at here mom's near danville by a hurse!

Good thing they didnt have a corps on board and a funeral procession following