Pacific Northwest Region Regional discussion board for WA, OR, ID, and BC.

Starting my Restoration!

Old 12-19-2015, 01:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Starting my Restoration!

Hello all! a bit about me...

I am currently living in the Everett area I have a 1987 T-Top 5.7
unfortunately it has sat for 10 years, previous owner started to mod it for a racecar so the interior is mostly stripped with a half of a roll cage welded to the floorboards.......

about my situation. I am finally able to start working on my baby, however its parked at a families residence about 30 miles away.

I am tentatively searching for a house with a garage to rent so I can fully dig in and tear down/rebuild

however in the mean time I am starting to buy parts to do what I can.

what I am looking for are good deals if I can get them on Full interior parts I have been unable to find anything decent at the pick and pulls in my area.

as for the engine I plan to, in the next week fill it full of oil and let it sit for a month then will try to hand crank hopefully it wont be seized.

and right now I am looking at prices on tires and will go down to swap out the flat tires for new tires and I will be pulling the gas tank and maybe the fuel lines to replace.

so if any one in Snohomish county has a reasonable garage to rent/work on let me know.

or if any one has any complete interior parts in good shape for reasonable price let me know!
Old 12-22-2015, 02:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Starting my Restoration!

Welcome to posting on the forum! Take some pics and keep us updated on the project.

As for the interior, are you trying to go all stock? The plastic panels are normally in descent shape in junk yard cars thanks to the mild WA weather. However, carpet is normally shot along with the seats. More likely to find seats out of something else if you are willing to go not stock.
Old 12-26-2015, 05:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Starting my Restoration!

I would like all stock, however I am thinking of doing a little custom interior. also laying dyno mat and new after market carpet after I re create the interior wiring harness
Attached Thumbnails Starting my Restoration!-house-2014-455.jpg