Power Adders Getting a Supercharger or Turbocharger? Thinking about using Nitrous? All forced induction and N2O topics discussed here.

Chronicles of a 9 Second Trans Am... Final Chapter

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2018, 07:50 PM
Supreme Member

Received 174 Likes on 152 Posts
Re: Chronicles of a 9 Second Trans Am... Final Chapter

Originally Posted by DIGGLER
will it pull a 5th wheel camper?
Oh hellz yeah. As per Steve, his Alpha even makes pancakes lol...

- Rob

Dig, off topic, you're a GTA guy like me, how accurate is compnine.com? I already confimed Y84 years back, but I can't find my SPID for some reason and I have been looking since I mentioned it a few hours ago. Is compnine legit in terms of RPO codes...?
Old 08-29-2018, 08:16 PM
Supreme Member

Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts

never used that before, but i would think the rpo codes should be listed on the webs somewhere surely.... i know i pulled all the codes for my 4th gen from somewhere but dont remember exactly now.
Old 08-29-2018, 08:21 PM
Supreme Member

So far it is telling me that they have my complete build sheet with original build information, and that my GTA had 66 installed options when ordered. I do know JT has recommended them, and his word alone would have me believe they are legit. But I'd hate to break out the credit card and find out it's just a scam, with the 66 options just luring me in because that seems like a lot of damn options lol.

- Rob
Old 08-29-2018, 11:19 PM
TGO Supporter/Moderator

Received 89 Likes on 75 Posts
Car: '88 Formula, '94 Corvette, '95 Bird
Engine: LC9, 355" LT1, LT1
Transmission: T5, Zf6, 4L60E
Axle/Gears: 3.42, Dana44 3.45, 3.23

Originally Posted by Street Lethal
Test drive a Nissan GTR.

I don't mean an Alpha, just an everyday GTR, bone stock...

- Rob
I'm good. It's an ugly car. I'm sure it's got power and fancy options. But It's not for me.

-- Joe
Old 08-30-2018, 08:04 AM
Supreme Member

Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts

So far it is telling me that they have my complete build sheet with original build information, and that my GTA had 66 installed options when ordered. I do know JT has recommended them, and his word alone would have me believe they are legit. But I'd hate to break out the credit card and find out it's just a scam, with the 66 options just luring me in because that seems like a lot of damn options lol.

- Rob
those options are probably including paint code, interior color, upholstery, radio, etc. etc. etc. etc.
Old 09-03-2018, 03:21 PM
Supreme Member

Opted for a new turbo oil feed and return line, a set that matches my color scheme; Black/Red...

- Rob
Attached Thumbnails Chronicles of a 9 Second Trans Am... Final Chapter-20180903_161557.jpg  
Old 09-26-2018, 06:02 PM
Supreme Member

It's been awhile since I updated this thread. The oil fittings above (the return) were scrapped, as although they were advertised as 5/8's, the actual orifice of the oil return was closer to 3/8's, making just the fittings themselves 5/8's. Useless. Bought a 5/8's steel gas fitting and after drilling the block off plate with the correct size, I welded it into place. Went to autozone and matched up the correct size hose, so the return works like a charm. Nipple added to compressor housing w/vacuum line to wastegate. 2 1/2" to 3" 45* coupler from turbo outlet to first charge pipe piece. Pulled the upper one because I shortened the one, and now need to bead roll it again. It's pretty much all done. Just waiting on the electronic boost controller, and contemplating how I will run the vacuum lines from it to the plenum. Decided on the SCG-1 boost controller from Innovate, an Import friend recommended it, and the features for it are just what I am looking for...

E85 and Flex Fuel Sensor will be next...

- Rob
Attached Thumbnails Chronicles of a 9 Second Trans Am... Final Chapter-20180926_184444.jpg  
Old 09-27-2018, 10:01 AM
TGO Supporter/Moderator

It's been awhile since I updated this thread. The oil fittings above (the return) were scrapped, as although they were advertised as 5/8's, the actual orifice of the oil return was closer to 3/8's, making just the fittings themselves 5/8's. Useless. Bought a 5/8's steel gas fitting and after drilling the block off plate with the correct size, I welded it into place. Went to autozone and matched up the correct size hose, so the return works like a charm. Nipple added to compressor housing w/vacuum line to wastegate. 2 1/2" to 3" 45* coupler from turbo outlet to first charge pipe piece. Pulled the upper one because I shortened the one, and now need to bead roll it again. It's pretty much all done. Just waiting on the electronic boost controller, and contemplating how I will run the vacuum lines from it to the plenum. Decided on the SCG-1 boost controller from Innovate, an Import friend recommended it, and the features for it are just what I am looking for...

E85 and Flex Fuel Sensor will be next...

- Rob
How's the flex fuel sensor work with the ECM ?

I wanted to go flex fuel, but there is no E85 locally.

-- Joe
Old 09-27-2018, 10:18 AM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by anesthes
How's the flex fuel sensor work with the ECM ?

I wanted to go flex fuel, but there is no E85 locally.

-- Joe
Keeping it as simple as possible (separate from ECM control). The switch to E85 is definite with the amount of accessible ethanol stations in my area, but I worry there will be times I take the car out to an area like Pennsylvania, and might be relegated to just gasoline if I'm ever in a pinch. So the idea now is to have the FFS display telling me the amount of ethanol in the tank, and switching tunes back and forth by bank as needed on the fly. So say I am racing around with E85 in the tank, running low, then go fill up at the nearest gas station. The FFS display tells me my ethanol content if mixed with whatever is left in the tank, and I then choose the air/fuel ratio tune based on my stored bins in the EBL ranging between 9.75 and 14.7. My only concern is the 90# injectors being used for a much leaner based idle when running pump gas...

- Rob
Old 01-05-2019, 08:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Off topic, but was wondering if you still run it anywhere now that e-town is closed saw your post on the previous page. All that's left is Atco in the area? Also, is there any shops you recommend in the area? So far I've yet to find one. Saw you mentioned ida's in a previous post, will look into them!

Last edited by RandyNJ; 01-05-2019 at 11:56 PM.
Old 01-06-2019, 11:07 AM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by RandyNJ
Off topic, but was wondering if you still run it anywhere now that e-town is closed saw your post on the previous page. All that's left is Atco in the area? Also, is there any shops you recommend in the area? So far I've yet to find one. Saw you mentioned ida's in a previous post, will look into them!
Completely forgot about this thread. Randy, Ida's is definitely great for tuning OBD1 in the area as they are familiar with working through TunerPro, and are probably the only ones out there who would even touch it, and back their work. From a more physical/mechanical perspective, I am not sure how they are, so I can't comment about that side of their work, but through their years of reputation I would have to imply that they are top notch.

Kinda hung up the track stuff myself and have been focusing on other things, but with the Winter weather here, from my experience there isn't much going on in New Jersey. Atco Dragway, I am sure, will take full advantage of E-Town closing this year way more than last, so expect some great events coming up. With it being this cold out I haven't had the car out on the street, I just occasionally back it out of the garage and get some heat into it by letting it warm up, then right back in the garage she goes. Had a lot of fun with it this past Fall, she pulls very very hard on the street, and hooks well with the 275's that I have on it right now. But then again I'm not really building boost at every street light, just a quick flash of the converter when someone races up to get next to me, and then she is gone...

Where you at Joe, how is everything going brother?

- Rob

Old 01-07-2019, 09:18 AM
TGO Supporter/Moderator

My Formula is in the enclosed trailer for the winter.

C4 is apart on my lift. Took the motor out to do a oil pan gasket. Found cam bearing wear, cylinder wear, etc. Now gotta measure the bore taper and evaluate what I'm doing with it.

-- Joe
Old 01-07-2019, 09:33 AM
COTM Editor

Received 1,855 Likes on 1,270 Posts
Car: '89 Firebird
Engine: 7.0L
Transmission: T56

I haven't read the thread but it looks like you got it together last Fall. You going to run it at the drag strip this coming Spring?
Old 01-07-2019, 09:35 AM
Supreme Member

Received 367 Likes on 296 Posts
Car: 89 Iroc-z
Engine: 555 BBC Turbo
Transmission: TH400
Axle/Gears: Strange 12 bolt 3.42

I thought this finally died
Old 01-07-2019, 09:37 AM
TGO Supporter/Moderator

Originally Posted by Orr89RocZ
I thought this finally died
The thread or his engine?

-- Joe
Old 01-07-2019, 10:00 AM
COTM Editor

Well, regardless, it is a driver now and it is what it is. It would be fantastic to help fill out the 1/4 mile sticky with more combos.

https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/orga...92-f-body.html
Old 01-07-2019, 10:13 AM
Supreme Member

The thread or his engine?

-- Joe
If you ask me, and after looking at the statistics just now, it looks like this section of the website died way before my engine did while I was away, and if you judge it on some of the personalities here, I am honestly not surprised. But I digress...

Originally Posted by QwkTrip
Well, regardless, it is a driver now and it is what it is. It would be fantastic to help fill out the 1/4 mile sticky with more combos.
Thanks QwkTrip.

- Rob
Old 01-07-2019, 11:17 AM
COTM Editor

I guess I don't understand what's going on here. It sounds like you are driving around having fun with it? That's a good thing, right?

Like I said, I've not read the thread. Just saw you had it on the road and was hoping you had results to share.
Old 01-07-2019, 11:38 AM
Supreme Member

QwkTrip, I thanked you above for the link that you shared in your post because I clicked the link and looked at it. You don't have to read the whole thread. I haven't been on here in a very long time, and I only came on here to respond to a question that was asked to me by RandyNJ in which I am assuming he lives locally to me, and he asked/posted two days ago in this thread. I was notified of his question through email. I did not post on here to update anything or anyone, just answering his question. However, I did share with him the car's current status (cuz he asked about any action locally). I also threw a shout at to Joe because it's been awhile. Didn't realize answering a question directed to me in my own thread was going to trigger people (not you)...

- Rob
Old 01-07-2019, 11:56 AM
TGO Supporter/Moderator

If you ask me, and after looking at the statistics just now, it looks like this section of the website died way before my engine did while I was away, and if you judge it on some of the personalities here, I am honestly not surprised. But I digress...

- Rob
I'm confused. Did your motor die?

I browse the forums daily but I post mainly on Facebook.

-- Joe
Old 01-07-2019, 11:58 AM
COTM Editor

Well, I hope you reconsider keeping this story alive. There are gobs of 305 cars on the road and you might give them inspiration. Forums die when people stop participating.

And forums are needed to keep the knowledge alive. I had a gentleman post up in my build thread thanking me for the info I shared because it solved his problem. Found it through a Google search, I suppose. Meanwhile, he's abandoned his build thread on this site and putting everything on Flickr. That doesn't keep the knowledge alive.
Old 01-07-2019, 12:50 PM
Supreme Member

I'm confused. Did your motor die?
Jeez Joe, I was kidding when I said that lol. The engine still runs strong.

I browse the forums daily but I post mainly on Facebook.
I keep the two separate. Can't let any of my friends see that I own a third gen lmao.

I'm just kidding....

Originally Posted by QwkTrip
Well, I hope you reconsider keeping this story alive. There are gobs of 305 cars on the road and you might give them inspiration. Forums die when people stop participating.

And forums are needed to keep the knowledge alive. I had a gentleman post up in my build thread thanking me for the info I shared because it solved his problem. Found it through a Google search, I suppose. Meanwhile, he's abandoned his build thread on this site and putting everything on Flickr. That doesn't keep the knowledge alive.
I agree with everything you just said. I don't know why members take what other members do to heart, but it's so unnecessary. So many really good members, who were always on here mind you, left this website because of that nonsense, and then the guys that cause them to leave stop posting themselves. It's almost as if these guys want it to become a ghost town for their own particular reasoning, and they are happy seeing the most recent post still being dated from like two weeks ago.

It's sad.

- Rob
Old 01-08-2019, 09:54 AM
TGO Supporter/Moderator

Jeez Joe, I was kidding when I said that lol. The engine still runs strong.
That's good!

I keep the two separate. Can't let any of my friends see that I own a third gen lmao.
Seriously. People all the time are like "Soooo why don't you pull the drivetrain out of that and sell it".

I went to a million car shows this summer. Saw everything from t buckets to italian super cars. Only saw one other thirdgen and it was a ragged out POS. Everyone looked at my car and was like "Nice engine, why is it in this car?". lol.

I do kinda wish I build something else for drag racing and kept the thirdgen more of a street car.

-- Joe
Old 01-10-2019, 10:05 AM
Supreme Member

I do kinda wish I build something else for drag racing and kept the thirdgen more of a street car.

-- Joe
Hot Rodding is changing, except of course for areas where Big Blocks and Carbs are still considered as high tech, and they're still out there in this country Joe, believe me, and it's embarrassing af lol. But seriously, the Tesla swaps have begun. Nothing more challenging than integrating CAN systems, and the DIY guys are way ahead of the game. I met the guy in this video here in New Jersey at a car show, then I looked over at the GTA and was like; hmmmm lol. This is the future of the industry, no doubt about it. No more worrying about fuel types, or tuning. Well, tuning in terms of how we used to know it...

- Rob

Old 01-10-2019, 10:57 AM
TGO Supporter/Moderator

Hot Rodding is changing, except of course for areas where Big Blocks and Carbs are still considered as high tech, and they're still out there in this country Joe, believe me, and it's embarrassing af lol. But seriously, the Tesla swaps have begun. Nothing more challenging than integrating CAN systems, and the DIY guys are way ahead of the game. I met the guy in this video here in New Jersey at a car show, then I looked over at the GTA and was like; hmmmm lol. This is the future of the industry, no doubt about it. No more worrying about fuel types, or tuning. Well, tuning in terms of how we used to know it...

- Rob
The Electric vehicle thing doesn't interest me.

I've been getting more interested in street rods (pre 1949) and super cars lately.

What I meant about the firebird is I wish I had built a tube chassis drag car.

-- Joe
Old 01-11-2019, 02:19 PM
Supreme Member

The Electric vehicle thing doesn't interest me.

I've been getting more interested in street rods (pre 1949) and super cars lately.

What I meant about the firebird is I wish I had built a tube chassis drag car.

-- Joe
I like what Steve is doing to his old Chevy w/4200 I6 swap, that thing is going to be fast when he is done. However I am done as far as more fabrication is concerned unless it has to do with my house, no more car builds until much later. I'll run the GTA just to see what it does, but I'm not into the street racing scene anymore, and now that our home track is gone, just about every speed shop relocated, and soooo many local completed as well as project cars have been up for sale ever since. You hit the nail right on the head with supercars, that is what I am into now, just waiting for Spring.to get closer to pull the trigger on something different, just don't know what yet. Believe it or not I was considering a Tesla as a new toy...

- Rob
Old 01-14-2019, 06:46 AM
TGO Supporter/Moderator

I like what Steve is doing to his old Chevy w/4200 I6 swap, that thing is going to be fast when he is done. However I am done as far as more fabrication is concerned unless it has to do with my house, no more car builds until much later. I'll run the GTA just to see what it does, but I'm not into the street racing scene anymore, and now that our home track is gone, just about every speed shop relocated, and soooo many local completed as well as project cars have been up for sale ever since. You hit the nail right on the head with supercars, that is what I am into now, just waiting for Spring.to get closer to pull the trigger on something different, just don't know what yet. Believe it or not I was considering a Tesla as a new toy...

- Rob
I have a '08 Trailblazer (wish they still made them) with the 4200.. It's an interesting motor. Makes good power considering it's displacement.

My girlfriend and I have been talking about the whole car situation lately. We're probably going to be building a house in the next year or so. I want to do a double garage out front, and then 4 stalls in the back for the 'shop' area which will include a paint booth, and then like a fenced off area way out back for the other stuff (boats, jetskis, sleds, and my dump truck). I'll keep the thirdgen, and the C4 for sure. Probably gonna pick up a 1930s project this year, and thinking about something from Italy. She wants another exotic convertible.

That would give me something for the track, something for car shows, something for beating on the twisties, and something to look good in lol.

The Tesla stuff doesn't do anything for me. I see a lot of them around here as I travel into Massachusetts for work, and all the environmental sissies seem to be trading in their Prius's for Tesla. The new C8 is a really nice looking car, I can't wait to see one in person. But I'm thinking Ferrari.

-- Joe
Old 01-14-2019, 07:39 AM
Supreme Member

I have a '08 Trailblazer (wish they still made them) with the 4200.. It's an interesting motor. Makes good power considering it's displacement.

My girlfriend and I have been talking about the whole car situation lately. We're probably going to be building a house in the next year or so. I want to do a double garage out front, and then 4 stalls in the back for the 'shop' area which will include a paint booth, and then like a fenced off area way out back for the other stuff (boats, jetskis, sleds, and my dump truck). I'll keep the thirdgen, and the C4 for sure. Probably gonna pick up a 1930s project this year, and thinking about something from Italy. She wants another exotic convertible.

That would give me something for the track, something for car shows, something for beating on the twisties, and something to look good in lol.

The Tesla stuff doesn't do anything for me. I see a lot of them around here as I travel into Massachusetts for work, and all the environmental sissies seem to be trading in their Prius's for Tesla. The new C8 is a really nice looking car, I can't wait to see one in person. But I'm thinking Ferrari.

-- Joe
Hey bro, congrats on the girl... especially if she is a car girl! We had an '06 Trailblazer with that atlas 4200 engine, but the electronic throttle body turned me off. However, after research on it, I'd rather have that than the cable. Was a strong truck. You know something, I was thinking Ferrari too, but it would have to be a 458. There's a dude out there with an insane one sporting a Titanium F1 exhaust, damn thing is freaking sex on wheels. Video below, you gotta hear this thing rev Joe.

Not feeling the earlier cars though, not yet anyways. Maybe later in life when things slow down I'd be able to dedicate my time to like a replica of what Travolta ran in Grease ('49 Dodge Wayfarer), that'd be pretty freaking cool now that I'm thinking about it lol. Definitely not feeling the C8 Corvette, not even feeling any Corvette for that matter anymore to tell you the truth, mainly due to all of GM's China nonsense...

- Rob

Old 03-21-2019, 10:49 AM
Supreme Member

Second day of Spring, and the weather absolutely sucks. Was snowing early in the morning, and now it's pouring rain. Have the day off and I wanted to get some air in the tires, as well as fill it up with some fuel before I take off for New York in a little bit, but the rain just won't stop. Got some heat in the engine for the time being as I haven't started her up in awhile. Exhaust sounds insane in person. I think the only other mod I might be doing, aside from larger runners which I just picked up, is a Summit 58mm throttle body. I mean throttle response is decent, but I want it more instantaneous. I think a monoblade would be a bit overkill. Anyways, very minor update, wish the weather was better. Planning on finally wrapping up the interior soon too, so tired of seeing the door panels and seats needing attention, as well as a few other areas....

- Rob

Old 04-29-2019, 09:03 AM
Supreme Member

Very proud of General Motors. Was honestly not considering a new Camaro at the moment, until my buddy at the dealership called me this past Saturday. He knew I wanted technology this time around, and kept telling me to "just drive it" lol. So I did. Was not expecting this type of performance and handling, as well as technology from a pony car. Not looking to mod the thing just yet as my wife claimed it once I got it home, but it's good to know that Procharger has me covered for less than seven grand if I decide to go the boosted route anytime soon, like say next month lol. I hear there is a Vortech kit for it too, but the Procharger is a much cleaner install. Five hundred plus horsepower and thirty miles to the gallon is a recipe I can't refuse for a daily driven street car, and the Procharger doesn't effect or harm its' warranty either. Was actually looking at an AWD Cadillac Coupe before I got the call, but the Camaro had me at hello lol...

Waiting on the injectors to be refurbished for the GTA.

- Rob

Old 04-30-2019, 09:29 AM
TGO Supporter/Moderator

Very proud of General Motors. Was honestly not considering a new Camaro at the moment, until my buddy at the dealership called me this past Saturday. He knew I wanted technology this time around, and kept telling me to "just drive it" lol. So I did. Was not expecting this type of performance and handling, as well as technology from a pony car. Not looking to mod the thing just yet as my wife claimed it once I got it home, but it's good to know that Procharger has me covered for less than seven grand if I decide to go the boosted route anytime soon, like say next month lol. I hear there is a Vortech kit for it too, but the Procharger is a much cleaner install. Five hundred plus horsepower and thirty miles to the gallon is a recipe I can't refuse for a daily driven street car, and the Procharger doesn't effect or harm its' warranty either. Was actually looking at an AWD Cadillac Coupe before I got the call, but the Camaro had me at hello lol...

Waiting on the injectors to be refurbished for the GTA.

- Rob
Nice car. v8 ?

The procharged or vortech LSx stuff is good. Mild cam, tame, but tons of power on tap.

I've been looking at the new vettes too, but I'm gonna wait and see what the generation brings.

Are you keeping the gta or ? I still think you should have done a blower and kept the stainless headers, or just built a hot n/a motor.

-- Joe
Old 04-30-2019, 11:09 AM
Supreme Member

Joe, the sixth gen Camaro's are amazing. Very happy with the car. Black w/Black interior, with nice chrome additions here and there. I needed it to be as corporate as possible (it's very quiet), but have the performance to back it up if need be (335 horsepower). The news was released a few weeks back that the GMC Syclone would be making a return (outside source, not GM), albeit with a Supercharged 3.6 (same engine) just not a turbo. Did some snooping around to find out the current best time for an unopened 3.6 Camaro with supercharger is 11.0 at 125 with the stock converter and 8-speed. That was exactly what I was looking for along with the appearance, and the technology, so I opted for the 3.6. Procharger and Overkill make packages for the car, but the Procharger will not void the warranty so long as the right party installs it, so they got me there unfortunately, will have to pay someone to do the easy work. Kit is complete;

https://www.procharger.com/automotiv...0-camaro-v6-36

Funny thing is, a lot of guys who are running Whipple Chargers on their V8 sixth gen Camaro's are barely running tens, but they of course sound a lot better from a racing standpoint. I needed this one to stay quiet though, but it's a wonderful quiet, car is practically brand new. You're right about the GTA by the way. Was thinking of donating the turbo over to the FasterProms channel, and slapping a P1X on the GTA and be done with it. Unfortunately the injector(s) went bad, and was popping in the exhaust on me which sounded like World War III, even at idle. I promised myself if I was going to pull things off again that I was going to re-install the AC system, so I said eff it, and did just that, I reinstalled the long tube headers again, and pulled the ac delete heater box.off for the very last time. If anyone needs it hit me up, I just need the blower motor from it, and maybe the resistor...

I test drove both a new Vette, and sat inside of a new Chevy Blazer. Been badmouthing GM the last few years, but the reality is that they have a pretty incredible lineup. Just bad marketing I guess. The Blazer is incredible, and might very well be next up on the list. I think I am over the Corvette's though, unless the mid engine version is that good when it comes out. Very tired of sitting so low to the floor...

- Rob

Last edited by Street Lethal; 04-30-2019 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Fixed Link
Old 04-30-2019, 11:15 AM
TGO Supporter/Moderator

Joe, the sixth gen Camaro's are amazing. Very happy with the car. Black w/Black interior, with nice chrome additions here and there. I needed it to be as corporate as possible (it's very quiet), but have the performance to back it up if need be (335 horsepower). The news was released a few weeks back that the GMC Syclone would be making a return (outside source, not GM), albeit with a Supercharged 3.6 (same engine) just not a turbo. Did some snooping around to find out the current best time for an unopened 3.6 Camaro with supercharger is 11.0 at 125 with the stock converter and 8-speed. That was exactly what I was looking for along with the appearance, and the technology, so I opted for the 3.6. Procharger and Overkill make packages for the car, but the Procharger will not void the warranty so long as the right party installs it, so they got me there unfortunately, will have to pay someone to do the easy work. Kit is complete;

https://www.procharger.com/automotive-superchargers/general-motors/camaro-v6/2014-10-camaro-v6-36

Funny thing is, a lot of guys who are running Whipple Chargers on their V8 sixth gen Camaro's are barely running tens, but they of course sound a lot better from a racing standpoint. I needed this one to stay quiet though, but it's a wonderful quiet, car is practically brand new. You're right about the GTA by the way. Was thinking of donating the turbo over to the FasterProms channel, and slapping a P1X on the GTA and be done with it. Unfortunately the injector(s) went bad, and was popping in the exhaust on me which sounded like World War III, even at idle. I promised myself if I was going to pull things off again that I was going to re-install the AC system, so I said eff it, and did just that, I reinstalled the long tube headers again, and pulled the ac delete heater box.off for the very last time. If anyone needs it hit me up, I just need the blower motor from it, and maybe the resistor...

I test drove both a new Vette, and sat inside of a new Chevy Blazer. Been badmouthing GM the last few years, but the reality is that they have a pretty incredible lineup. Just bad marketing I guess. The Blazer is incredible, and might very well be next up on the list. I think I am over the Corvette's though, unless the mid engine version is that good when it comes out. Very tired of sitting so low to the floor...

- Rob
So the GTA is naturally aspirated now ? What's the plans? Drive it as is? Blower in the future ?

A girl at work as a brand new camaro. Nice looking car. If I buy another new sport car I think I want another convertible though. I need to focus on building a new house first. I need to get to a point where all of my toys are inside. Right now I have two garages and a barn full.

-- Joe
Old 04-30-2019, 11:32 AM
Supreme Member

Would like to get a Supercharger on the GTA's engine very soon, just waiting on the injectors to come back. The car originally came with a 5-speed, and I am thinking of going back to that route. Need to reach out to Drew regarding the proper parts needed, as he's shown to be right on the money in terms of knowing which parts belong to which year to remain correct. I mean I can get my hands on a 5-speed from an earlier thirdgen, but I would need it to be '90 specific because I'd like to get the car back to stock one day in the future. At this point I'll be happy with the correct 9 second trap speed in terms of goal. I think I am over the ET stuff, as it's too much work to maintain for someone who is a banker by profession. If I had my own garage, then sure, would just repeatedly send it and rebuild it. But I digress though. I'll tell you this much, I haven't been in a newer styled Camaro since its' introduction as a fifth gen, and two things stood out, One, it is night and day with the others, I mean the third and fourth gens really do feel like ancient technology. I mean I've owned new cars the last ten years, but damn, just "looking" at the GTA is like looking at a '55 Chevy to me now. And two, I bypassed the LSX family and picked up right where I left off with the LT engines again lol. That's a good thing I guess, cuz the LSX nut swingers ruined them for me over the years...

- Rob
Old 04-30-2019, 12:14 PM
TGO Supporter/Moderator

Would like to get a Supercharger on the GTA's engine very soon, just waiting on the injectors to come back. The car originally came with a 5-speed, and I am thinking of going back to that route. Need to reach out to Drew regarding the proper parts needed, as he's shown to be right on the money in terms of knowing which parts belong to which year to remain correct. I mean I can get my hands on a 5-speed from an earlier thirdgen, but I would need it to be '90 specific because I'd like to get the car back to stock one day in the future. At this point I'll be happy with the correct 9 second trap speed in terms of goal. I think I am over the ET stuff, as it's too much work to maintain for someone who is a banker by profession. If I had my own garage, then sure, would just repeatedly send it and rebuild it. But I digress though. I'll tell you this much, I haven't been in a newer styled Camaro since its' introduction as a fifth gen, and two things stood out, One, it is night and day with the others, I mean the third and fourth gens really do feel like ancient technology. I mean I've owned new cars the last ten years, but damn, just "looking" at the GTA is like looking at a '55 Chevy to me now. And two, I bypassed the LSX family and picked up right where I left off with the LT engines again lol. That's a good thing I guess, cuz the LSX nut swingers ruined them for me over the years...

- Rob
My Formula was a 5 speed car originally.. I switched to an automatic with the thoughts of points racing but, 8, 9 whatever years it is later it only goes to car shows. I have an enclosed trailer too. Just no time. I painted it in 2013 but the paint is starting to chip in spots from driving it.

I dunno.. my c4 is a 6 speed. The manual is fun.I go back and forth in my head. Sometimes I wanna sell the thirdgen and build a 1st gen. Sometimes I don't. I've got a lot of money into it, and I don't like losing money.

-- Joe