Power Adders Getting a Supercharger or Turbocharger? Thinking about using Nitrous? All forced induction and N2O topics discussed here.

Turbo Iroc - Round Four (Edit: Staying Gen1, new PT7675, heads, intake)

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2018, 07:41 AM
TGO Supporter/Moderator

Received 89 Likes on 75 Posts
Car: '88 Formula, '94 Corvette, '95 Bird
Engine: LC9, 355" LT1, LT1
Transmission: T5, Zf6, 4L60E
Axle/Gears: 3.42, Dana44 3.45, 3.23
Re: Turbo Iroc - Round Four (Edit: Staying Gen1, new PT7675, heads, intake)

Originally Posted by 86CamaroDan
Local shop in Mendon did a dyno day about 2 months ago. Ive always run my car on the lean side at 12.5 AFR range @ 6#. Fred (the owner) stopped half way through because he thought it was too lean. I fattened it up to a 12.1 on the next pull (dyno day - 2 pulls only) and it gained 16rwhp from fuel only. Our 93 around here has E10 in it, and he said engines are usually more happy at a 11.0AFR all around. i guess mid to low 12's is good for 100% gasoline, not for E10.
If you lean out the mixture a little more, you add a little more spark advance. Especially after peak torque.

But a lot of people like a safety margin.

My car makes more power than I can actually use at the track due to tech regs (roll bar, etc) so I've got it dialed in conservatively.

-- Joe
Old 08-24-2018, 08:16 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Car: 86' IROC
Engine: Supercharged 350
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 3.45

Originally Posted by anesthes
If you lean out the mixture a little more, you add a little more spark advance. Especially after peak torque.

But a lot of people like a safety margin.

My car makes more power than I can actually use at the track due to tech regs (roll bar, etc) so I've got it dialed in conservatively.

-- Joe
yeah. Mine is a daily. Since then ive added more fuel and its a noticable power increase. I kept the timing where it is, in the conservative department.
Old 08-25-2018, 05:57 AM
Supreme Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: 87 Iroc
Engine: Turbocharged 5.7 Pro-Fl-XT
Transmission: 700R4 for moment
Axle/Gears: 3.25 9 inch

So much for having the Iroc done by today... I have a friend from out of town here to re-roof my two sheds. He's been struggling in this Florida heat so I've been helping him (not part of the original plan). My back is spent now so it will be some days before I finish up the Iroc. Also I took him for a GTR ride yesterday and it was the first time I've launched it on the new transmission. Not only did I discover something is wrong with the FWD clutch - it acts like the Iroc now and goes sideways - but the old not engaging the clutch in 4th gear issue showed up. So I guess not only did I not need the transmission, but the replacement one has worn FWD clutches or the calibration changes they made are causing an issue with engagement. After it rolled out about 30 feet it seemed to be in AWD.

I have the worst luck with my cars! Probably the wrong hobby for me but I'm in so far now I can't quit!
Old 08-25-2018, 07:47 AM
Supreme Member

Received 174 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by ZZ3Astro
or the calibration changes they made are causing an issue with engagement.
100% of the power is initially to the rear wheels, the system is designed to sense slip and then transfer the power up to 50-50 as needed, but all this can be changed in the calibration. At least that is how it was with my old GTR before I got rid of it, not sure about your Alpha, as they of course are very altered in terms of calibration, especially with that much horsepower...

- Rob
Old 08-25-2018, 09:25 AM
Supreme Member

Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts

when did you have a gtr?
Old 08-25-2018, 09:33 AM
Supreme Member

Dig, it was a few years back. Shortest lease in history, $4000 a year... just in insurance.

Found someone to take over lease, and lost only a few bucks overall.

- Rob
Old 08-25-2018, 11:18 AM
TGO Supporter/Moderator

Originally Posted by Street Lethal
Dig, it was a few years back. Shortest lease in history, $4000 a year... just in insurance.

Found someone to take over lease, and lost only a few bucks overall.

- Rob
Swaplease.com ?

How much is a GTR that it costs $4,000 a year to insure??

-- Joe
Old 08-25-2018, 11:34 AM
TGO Supporter/Moderator

yeah. Mine is a daily.
Mine hasn't moved in a few weeks. I should probably put it in the trailer, but I'm too lazy.

Old 08-25-2018, 11:34 AM
Supreme Member

Swaplease.com ?

How much is a GTR that it costs $4,000 a year to insure??

-- Joe
No, I had to sit on it until we found someone locally willing to take over payments, so a portion of the down payment was kicked back, but I was out the months that I did pay, so it was considered renting on my part. Payment, plus car Insurance w/Gap was way over a grand monthly, and too much crap happened back then which forced me to get rid of it. In the end I am glad I did. Heck I was even considering leasing a ZR1 this summer, but they too wanted seven hundred just for the lease, that is not including insurance...

- Rob
Old 08-25-2018, 07:25 PM
Supreme Member

It looks like my gtr problems are all in the tune. Definitely taking a long time for the FWD to kick in. I confirmed today that it's only spinning when the RWD only is commanded. I guess its time I invest on a transmission tuner and figure it out for myself.

Speaking of GTR insurance, Allstate had me at $3600 with high limits. I'm paying $1k now through collector insurance with high limits and agreed value.
Old 09-19-2018, 12:59 PM
Supreme Member

Haha, you've been MIA just like me, hmm...

Where you at Steve, and was there any progress on the Iroc.... or did you blow it up lol?

- Rob
Old 09-19-2018, 05:20 PM
Supreme Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Car: 1991 RS
Engine: 5.0
Transmission: 700r4

Check his youtube channel. Been busy with life stuff.
Old 09-20-2018, 03:08 AM

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Car: 88 IROC-Z
Engine: GEN 4 LY6 (going forged 408)
Transmission: 60E (going RPM LEVEL 6 4L80E)
Axle/Gears: 7.5" 3.42 (staying...)

The GTRs broke............AGAIN!
Old 09-20-2018, 06:35 AM
Supreme Member

Well, broke STILL! It drives at least but it looks like the same problem with 4th gear may still be in play. And now there appears to be no FWD. Considering how fast the rear tires wore out before the new transmission, I'm not sure how much FWD I had but it certainly launched hard before. Now it just spins the rears and according to the gauges the AWD controller is not demanding FWD.

No work on the Iroc this month due to having to do my two shed roofs more or less myself. I hired someone to do them for me but I ended up being the engineer and 45% of the labor. At least they are both done now and hurricane ready. After this weekend's camping trip for some R and R I'll be back on the Iroc.
Old 09-20-2018, 09:13 AM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by RS Chris
Check his youtube channel. Been busy with life stuff.
What's hilarious is that as I was writing that, he must have been in the middle of uploading that very video lol.

No work on the Iroc this month due to having to do my two shed roofs more or less myself. I hired someone to do them for me but I ended up being the engineer and 45% of the labor...
Same boat, though mine is leaky shingles that I am having a hard time pinpointing when I am up on the roof inspecting. Am so used to a flat roof being from NYC, that we would just apply a coat of tar to on a semi-annual basis. If you know any personal tricks on how to locate a bad shingle or three, I am all ears Steve..

- Rob
Old 09-20-2018, 10:29 AM
Supreme Member

Street - I sure do... I cover them up with metal roofing!! LOL

I would say maybe consider doing something like Armor Shingle Roof Coating if you don't feel like replacing the roof. You can also do metal directly over the shingles (with an underlayment for additional water protection). Idk.. I hate roof leaks and now I hate installing roofs! It was the biggest pain in the rear job I've done around here so far and I'm glad it is over.
Old 09-20-2018, 11:18 AM
Supreme Member

Steve, I am dead serious, thank you!. I honestly had no idea that I could apply that type of Armor Coating sealer over the existing shingles, then paint the sealer to whatever color that I want. You are a life saver. I considered paying for patch work, because the insurance company as well as independent contractor told me that the shingles were still essentially in good condition, just that some were damaged by the elements "somewhere", and maybe a few missing nails that eventually come up in time. What you recommended makes a tremendous difference in cost, even from just a patch work perspective, and it's no wonder the contractors avoided telling me about this because it is a cheaper alternative to a new fifteen thousand dollar roof. Thanks man.

- Rob

Old 09-21-2018, 09:31 AM
Supreme Member

I've seen a couple of roofs around here that were done. No idea how well it works but if it can buy you a year or two might be worth it. If your roof is in otherwise good shape (shingle condition) it might be better to figure out where the leak is and fix that. Usually it's flashing around chimneys or pipes. My mom's roof years ago had a persistent leak at a valley where a dormer came out over the kitchen. Between poor roofing practices and a fair shallow slope, the roofers were never able to stop it completely. not until I had a metal roof put on a couple of years ago. Luckily the water was coming in over a screen porch area. A moisture meter should be able to find the area of the leak by checking the plywood from below. Good luck!
Old 09-24-2018, 09:50 AM
Supreme Member

Didn't go with it Steve, heard horror stories about that goop since I linked that video above. I did find out that there are two areas that need to be re-shingled on my roof that are causing the issues, so I hired a contractor to fix it. Anyways... I hope you were able to get to your Iroc this past weekend, as you seem to be just as busy as me most of the time lol.

- Rob
Old 09-24-2018, 12:08 PM
Supreme Member

Working the Iroc today.. if I could get all of my technology in the shop working. First the wifi has been having issues and second I have an HDMI->Ethernet->fiber->Ethernet->HDMI adapter (that actually works fantastically) with an IR blaster. Turns out I had the TX and RX mixed up and now that is working. Then I had to move my Nest thermostat and smoke detector over to the new SSID after I fixed the Wifi. By the time I got the lights on and tools ready, its noon and I'm starving. And my back is hurting. But I'm going to go back out and start adjusting rockers after I eat.

GTR I finally got an ecutek Bluetooth dongle and was able to datalog the 4th gear issue. The ECU is commanding the pressure to drop off on the A clutch from 200 psi to 90 PSI, causing it to slip. The clutch temperature is exceeding 460F (insane considering its submerged in fluid). I can't figure why the car isn't reacting to the clutch slip and upping the pressure. Something very wrong with the ECU or tune, but nothing I see in the tune can cause this. Also confirmed I'm working in RWD and I don't see a way to really datalog that so far. Waiting to hear back from the trans builder for some ideas. I guess it's a good thing the car was down, as I was supposed to be at the 1/2 mile event in New Orleans, which ended on the 5th run after a GTR crashed at 216 MPH and the guy didn't make it. So far its looking like the track conditions were well below what they should have been for an event with people running 240+ mph. I would have most likely made one easy pass and made the decision not to run any more, based on the info I'm seeing.

Seeing those crashes sure makes you think more about safety devices, cages etc.
Old 09-24-2018, 01:08 PM
Supreme Member

In all seriousness, yes, this was talked about on the internet. Very sad. I think the guy was like in his early 50's, and he was a seasoned driver from what I was hearing. A lot of these internet racers just don't understand that at those speeds, AWD is meaningless, though his GTR looked to be setup to run RWD only during the event. This is why my wife didn't bat an eye when they closed Raceway Park's 1/4 mile track, she'd rather I didn't bother with this stuff anymore. All it takes is one oil spill, and you're a gone'er, especially on the highway w/kids roll racing to 180-mph w/oncoming traffic.

- Rob

RIP Jeff

Old 09-24-2018, 06:37 PM
Supreme Member

Iroc half way back together but ran into an issue.. the SCE d-port copper gaskets obviously designed for the stock sbc d-port corvette and not the larger/raised d-ports of the Fastburns. I keep running into this nightmare with these dport heads. After stopping work and coming in to check the Interwebs for a solution, t it looks like my only choice is to stick with the Remflex, which I already have a spare from the last time this happened. It's depressing knowing I have a weak link that could sink any track day with a simple backfire. I have found no cause to the backfire and can only assume it was the valve springs which have now been changed. If it pops again, I'm done with this engine combo.

So I just have to put the header and turbo back on, change the oil and then I'm ready to tear up the streets once again.
Old 09-24-2018, 06:41 PM
TGO Supporter/Moderator

Iroc half way back together but ran into an issue.. the SCE d-port copper gaskets obviously designed for the stock sbc d-port corvette and not the larger/raised d-ports of the Fastburns. I keep running into this nightmare with these dport heads. After stopping work and coming in to check the Interwebs for a solution, t it looks like my only choice is to stick with the Remflex, which I already have a spare from the last time this happened. It's depressing knowing I have a weak link that could sink any track day with a simple backfire. I have found no cause to the backfire and can only assume it was the valve springs which have now been changed. If it pops again, I'm done with this engine combo.

So I just have to put the header and turbo back on, change the oil and then I'm ready to tear up the streets once again.
I don't understunderstand. I'm running felpro 1405 header gaskets. I've backfired numerous times while tuning . Never had a problem. Why is this a problem on yours?

-- Joe
Old 09-25-2018, 05:17 AM
Supreme Member

Yeah, it sounds like something else is going on to be honest. Steve, if it happens again with the new valve springs, then I would seriously consider having your fuel injectors checked thoroughly. In fact, why not just pull them and get them cleaned, checked and serviced if needed...

- Rob
Old 09-25-2018, 07:10 AM
Supreme Member

Injectors are going to be upgraded to much larger ones soon so I can run E85. I can't remember the caused of the previous backfire. I'm thinking Remflex are more susceptible to blowing out because they are so much thicker than typical gaskets. They are extremely fragile but they do seal well. I've been reading some posts on various forums saying they are known to blow out on pre-turbo flanges. Some of the posts are titled "Do Not Buy Remflex Gaskets". It seems the complaints are always by owners of turbocharged vehicles. Maybe I should just go with Felpro and orange RTV. IDK this setup is just one big cluster-pain for me. It's starting to feel like time to bring the subject of retiring it back into the light.
Old 09-25-2018, 07:34 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Car: 86' IROC
Engine: Supercharged 350
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 3.45

Have you tried a larger soft copper gasket? I ran everything from stock gaskets, fel pro's, remflex and nothing has worked as good as the soft copper gaskets that are in there now. Best $ ive spent next to the ceramic spark plug wires.
I don't understunderstand. I'm running felpro 1405 header gaskets. I've backfired numerous times while tuning . Never had a problem. Why is this a problem on yours?

-- Joe
Maybe because hes dealing with more back pressure being a turbo car? with our cars any extra pressure goes out the pipe, his car its got nowhere to go.
Old 09-25-2018, 07:53 AM
Supreme Member

Received 367 Likes on 296 Posts
Car: 89 Iroc-z
Engine: 555 BBC Turbo
Transmission: TH400
Axle/Gears: Strange 12 bolt 3.42

Car shouldnt backfire. Fix that first then the gasket will be fine
Old 09-25-2018, 11:53 AM
TGO Supporter/Moderator

Maybe because hes dealing with more back pressure being a turbo car? with our cars any extra pressure goes out the pipe, his car its got nowhere to go.
Perhaps. I know turbo cars are tough on exhaust valves too.

-- Joe
Old 09-26-2018, 07:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 91' Z28, 92' Z28
Engine: 383, L98 stock
Transmission: Built 700R4, Stock 700R4
Axle/Gears: 12 Bolt 3.73, 10 Bolt 3.23

Originally Posted by Orr89RocZ
Car shouldnt backfire. Fix that first then the gasket will be fine
I agree, I've had the same Rem Flex gasket on my car over a year now with no issues.
Old 09-26-2018, 04:10 PM
Supreme Member

Injectors are going to be upgraded to much larger ones soon so I can run E85. I can't remember the caused of the previous backfire. I'm thinking Remflex are more susceptible to blowing out because they are so much thicker than typical gaskets. They are extremely fragile but they do seal well. I've been reading some posts on various forums saying they are known to blow out on pre-turbo flanges. Some of the posts are titled "Do Not Buy Remflex Gaskets". It seems the complaints are always by owners of turbocharged vehicles. Maybe I should just go with Felpro and orange RTV. IDK this setup is just one big cluster-pain for me. It's starting to feel like time to bring the subject of retiring it back into the light.
Most of the complaints are coming from guys running their turbo cars constantly, not once or twice a month, so they may have a valid point in terms of their endurance when it comes to a constant beating. Dunno, not sure about them. Glad your taking the E85 plunge, I'm going the same route...

- Rob
Old 09-26-2018, 08:11 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by Street Lethal
Most of the complaints are coming from guys running their turbo cars constantly, not once or twice a month, so they may have a valid point in terms of their endurance when it comes to a constant beating. Dunno, not sure about them. Glad your taking the E85 plunge, I'm going the same route...

- Rob
near 4500 miles on my set of remflex. Dozen dyno pulls, 20+ passes, mostly street time. Never had a problem but what do i know
Old 09-26-2018, 09:46 PM
Supreme Member

The only two problems I've had were from a loose (might have even been missing I can't remember) bolt and then the world's largest backfire. So if the bolts are in place and no major backfire occurs - which shouldn't be happening as mentioned above - I guess they'll be ok. In any case its the only option I have other than a few standard gaskets out there. Since I already have one I'll just use it and see how things go.
Old 09-27-2018, 06:45 AM
Supreme Member

The only two problems I've had were from a loose (might have even been missing I can't remember) bolt and then the world's largest backfire. So if the bolts are in place and no major backfire occurs - which shouldn't be happening as mentioned above - I guess they'll be ok. In any case its the only option I have other than a few standard gaskets out there. Since I already have one I'll just use it and see how things go.
other thing you could go to is a copper gasket with copper rtv around the ports. But you really need flat flanges and make sure bolts dont get loose.
Old 09-27-2018, 09:22 AM
TGO Supporter/Moderator

other thing you could go to is a copper gasket with copper rtv around the ports. But you really need flat flanges and make sure bolts dont get loose.
That's the problem with aluminum heads. I always get paranoid about torquing down 3/8" fasteners in aluminum. Especially with the blower brackets and such.

-- Joe
Old 09-27-2018, 09:24 AM
TGO Supporter/Moderator

near 4500 miles on my set of remflex. Dozen dyno pulls, 20+ passes, mostly street time. Never had a problem but what do i know
I've never used a set, but I've used dead soft alum header gaskets before without issue. The only header gaskets I've ever had a problem with were those cheap paper ones that used to come with hedman and hooker in the mid 90s.

I think a lot of variables are at play. At the end of the day, backfires shouldn't be blowing out gaskets though. Are the manifolds fully supporting his turbos? Are the flanges flat? Who knows. I'm sure he will resolve it.

-- Joe

Old 09-27-2018, 09:36 AM
Supreme Member

At the end of the day, backfires shouldn't be blowing out gaskets though.

-- Joe
It depends on restriction. The backfire will push out against the weakest link, and that area seemed where the weakest link was. Perhaps due to a loose header bolt, or a damaged gasket upon initial install, who the hell knows at this point, but that area is where it chose to force the exhaust out. When he had his headers off, as soon as he was done cleaning the spark plugs and re-gapping them where necessary, he should have ran a quick compression test on all cylinders, and checked the injectors. The gasket didn't cause the backfire, obviously. He more than likely loaded up on fuel from a bad injector, or he has a leaky valve. Wouldn't rule out his new ignition system setup, or state of tune either, might be a mechanical issue with the former, or a flaw somewhere with the latter...

- Rob
Old 09-27-2018, 06:42 PM
Supreme Member

The only clue I have is that it felt like it was breaking up/losing power, almost like it was lean and not just one cylinder. This was the first time it has happened on the new Holley setup. The breaking up happened on four accelerations in a row, the initial "Huh?? WTF", then three intentional ones during which I had Melissa focus on AFR, Boost and Fuel Pressure individually. Everything was spot on. The fourth acceleration was probably pointless and I should have just eased it home to get the laptop and do some datalogging. But in the heat of moment I did it again to try to come up with other ideas and POW. I probably stayed in it longer than the other three as well.

It seems I get some warning and if I respect it and let out as soon as it breaks up, I think backfiring is highly unlikely. My first drive will be answer. If it doesn't break up, it almost certainly was from the additional loading of the ET Streets combined with less than sufficient valve springs. If it still does it, well then it could be anything. I need to check base timing to make sure the pancake distributor didn't move.

Thought I would get it finished up this week but other priorities have surfaced. Have other plans for the weekend that extend into the middle of next week, so now completion is at least a week away. I don't mind taking a breather from it anyway.
Old 10-05-2018, 07:23 AM
Supreme Member

I'm back.. had to go pick up a slightly newer camper in Louisiana. There was an issue where the bank was overnighting a check and they put the wrong zip code on it! We got stuck and extra day and a half but finally made it home. Now what can I sell so I can afford the first payment?

Home for the weekend, hopefully back on the Iroc project now.
Old 10-05-2018, 08:24 AM
TGO Supporter/Moderator

I'm back.. had to go pick up a slightly newer camper in Louisiana. There was an issue where the bank was overnighting a check and they put the wrong zip code on it! We got stuck and extra day and a half but finally made it home. Now what can I sell so I can afford the first payment?

Home for the weekend, hopefully back on the Iroc project now.
I've been in Florida all week .Serisota and Orlando. I don't know how you work on cars down here. Just walking around makes me tired . Been 90s all week.. humid as heck. When I lived in socal it was nothing like this.

Heading back to Boston today.

-- Joe
Old 10-05-2018, 08:56 AM
Supreme Member

This has a lot to do with my slow progress. The older I get the worse I sweat too. Putting the AC in definitely helped, but other priorities also get in the way. I'm going to try to get out there today and finish up in the nice AC environment!
Old 10-05-2018, 06:26 PM
Supreme Member

Iroc is running once again. Looks like somehow, despite my wire routing efforts, #5 and 7 wires managed to work their way down onto the wrapped crossover tube and burned enough to crack. Want to know how violent the backfire was? It BENT the blade on my exhaust cutout so not it doesn't seal.

It launches interestingly nice on the ETs. Converter is too tight to make any boost so it rolls out and comes in reasonably strong. Car still doesn't feel "alive" to me. Time to turn up the timing and see how it responds. I predict it is still going to be a pig because reasons. Might be time to push it to the limit and if it blows up, the problem is solved!
Old 10-05-2018, 10:29 PM
Supreme Member

I've been in Florida all week .Serisota and Orlando. I don't know how you work on cars down here. Just walking around makes me tired . Been 90s all week.. humid as heck. When I lived in socal it was nothing like this.

Heading back to Boston today.

-- Joe
thats the south for ya. the last few summers have actually been mild for us in sc, we havent even hit 100 in about 2 years i dont think. ~98 degrees and 80%+ humidity is pretty much a sauna and makes any sort of physical outdoor activities miserable.
Old 10-05-2018, 10:38 PM
Supreme Member

Iroc is running once again. Looks like somehow, despite my wire routing efforts, #5 and 7 wires managed to work their way down onto the wrapped crossover tube and burned enough to crack. Want to know how violent the backfire was? It BENT the blade on my exhaust cutout so not it doesn't seal.

It launches interestingly nice on the ETs. Converter is too tight to make any boost so it rolls out and comes in reasonably strong. Car still doesn't feel "alive" to me. Time to turn up the timing and see how it responds. I predict it is still going to be a pig because reasons. Might be time to push it to the limit and if it blows up, the problem is solved!
tight converter might be easier on the trans, so it may not be such a bad thing for the time being. i would focus on getting everything running 100% correctly. once its making about all it can, then make trans/converter changes. odd that the cutout door was damaged since it is post turbo.
Old 10-05-2018, 11:44 PM

...AND in other news, OP's GTR is STILL broke!

sucks
Old 10-06-2018, 05:44 PM
Supreme Member

Brought her outside for some sunshine... definitely in need of a wash. I think I will drive it to town tonight with the laptop and play around with timing.

On the GTR, the transmission is now shifting correctly with a work-around. Something is really fouled up in the TCM code and causing a number of issues. If I'm in manual mode and let it auto-upshift, it goes into 4th fine. In auto mode, it won't shift correctly automatically or manually. When I'm in manual mode and let it auto-upshift, it suddenly released the clutch in second and free-revs intermittently. The really sucky news is the mis-diagnosis by the most well known GTR shop this side of the Mississippi cost me $5k for a used transmission which not only didn't fix the real issue, but also brought on a new problem. The front wheel drive clutch is shot in the transmission I bought. Another $800 plus a trans R&R. I'm probably going to do it myself this time.
Old 10-09-2018, 04:20 AM
Supreme Member

What's left of my exhaust cutout mechanism. Hard to believe the other path was a 3" straight thru Magnaflow and all 3" Mandrel tubing. I was hoping to straighten it but it looks like a $200 fix to me - a new cutout.

Car ran fine and I added a couple of degrees of timing. Do you guys agree this thing should be able to spin the heck out of ET streets at least in first gear from any speed, at 16 psi? It still feels about the same as always. Quick but not fast. I'm going to turn up the boost shortly to see what happens but I'm going to predict lethargy. I'm kind of hoping it blows up!

Speaking of blowing up... the current track at 36 hours from landfall puts the eye right across my house. Hoping the shop holds up if this track proves correct. My brand new three month old Cummins home generator is down too. Control board is fried (Don't I have the best luck!!??) Cummins warranty has not been the best for service. I ended up having to tear it down myself and figure out the problem because no tech has been by so far. They finally overnighted one yesterday but I have no idea if FedEx or UPS is delivering today into a mandatory evacuation zone. No one bothered sending me a tracking number either. I'd recommend you steer clear of Cummins for a home generator system.
Old 10-20-2018, 12:11 PM
Supreme Member

We survived the storm. Cars are ok. Shop is wrecked, New pole barn is down. RVs are trashed. House took a beating but held together. I don't have enough fingers to count the number of houses destroyed owned by people I know personally. Last count I saw was at 4500 homes destroyed and they haven't checked all yet. No car updates for a while.
Old 10-20-2018, 12:58 PM

Hold down the fort O.P.
Old 10-20-2018, 05:22 PM
Supreme Member

i saw your vids earlier and it just made my head hurt. hang in there and take care of one thing at a time. try not to get overwhelmed. if i lived closer i would have loved to come down and help you out. i cant imagine what you guys are going through and wish you the best.

on the big shop, i wondered if some cables and turn buckles would straighten everything back up square again? they use those on the steel buildings for that purpose- holding everything square.
Old 10-22-2018, 10:11 AM
Supreme Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

GL with it, keep the faith. That's what insurance is for, and you're alive to fight another day.

Quick Reply: Turbo Iroc - Round Four (Edit: Staying Gen1, new PT7675, heads, intake)