Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   Aftermarket Product Review (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/aftermarket-product-review/)
-   -   UltraFit's "Turbolator ®" can save you up to 8.5% on fuel costs ! (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/aftermarket-product-review/217851-ultrafits-turbolator-can-save.html)

Gumby 01-07-2004 08:45 PM

UltraFit's "Turbolator ®" can save you up to 8.5% on fuel costs !

At first glance, Turbolator ® looks like a stylish, high quality stainless steel exhaust tip. But inside the unit there is a patented, self-adjusting control valve that can increase fuel economy by up to 8.5%. It can also help reduce hydrocarbon emissions and carbon monoxide emissions by up to 14% and 12% respectively.
How Turbolator ® works is fairly simple. Inside there is a valve with an aircraft grade spring that responds to the exhaust flow. In an idle situation, for instance, the exhaust flow is low and as a result the valve stays in a semi-closed position. This helps to hold the exhaust gases in the catalytic converter longer, resulting in the gases being more completely burnt. At highway speeds the valve opens and normal engine efficiencies come into play.

From a design point, Turbolator ® comes in four stylish exhaust tip designs: straight, angled, and straight and angled rolled. Its construction is double wall 304 and 409 stainless steel and offers both great looks and longevity. There is also an inter-cooled tip that protects the exterior finish from discoloration. Turbolator ® is also available as an in-pipe unit.

Finally, it also comes in all diameters to fit most North American and Foreign SUV's, light trucks, and vans.

Environmentally, Turbolator ® reduces Total Carbon Dioxide produced by gasoline powered vehicles by anywhere from 20% to 50%. Or, roughly 9,000 pounds of carbon dioxide emission per vehicle, per year! (Statistics provided by the Environmental Defense Fund.)

http://www.ultrafitexhaust.com/products_turbolator.htm

http://www.ultrafitexhaust.com/image...rbo_bullet.gif

Gumby 01-07-2004 08:48 PM

I don't know. I guess in a stick it would help kill the spit n pop on downshifts???

I don't know why but allways liked the flapper tips on the trucks.

bytal 01-08-2004 12:01 AM

hmmm... i dunno... sounds interesting? maybe some pointless concept:doh: or maybe its a product full of :bs: ? i sure wouldnt buy one until other people have bought it, tried it, and can vouch for it... who wants to be test subjects? i sure done

omcrider 01-08-2004 10:08 AM

Unless your a true green environmentalist or having trouble passing smog I don't even know why we would want this. It doesn't do anything but lower emissions (if its claims are true) and probably takes a few HP away. I mean from a performance standpoint we are always looking to open up our exhaust and intake so why would you stick a valve in your tailpipe that blocks exhaust flow:doh:

ede 01-08-2004 01:05 PM

:bs:

SOLID LIFTER 01-08-2004 07:04 PM

Originally posted by ede
:bs:
I agree.

JRoy91RS 01-08-2004 07:34 PM

I've got a muffler bearing that fits that thing great if anyone's interested. I'll let it go...cheap.:D

ronterry 01-08-2004 07:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The only real way to run that device would be with a KaleCo 'O' pipe.
With those two togather --- please that thing would rock...

See the picture below, and you'll see what I mean.

Ron

JRoy91RS 01-08-2004 07:47 PM

Bwa'ha haha....LMFAO!! I've never seen one of those before. I still say you need the muffler bearing though.

JRoy91RS 01-08-2004 07:49 PM

I like how the ad says that it's an 'intriguing device'. It's intriguing alright. It intrigues me as to who would actually buy it.

ronterry 01-08-2004 09:18 PM

You know what, I think KaleCo sales muffler bearing, along with exhaust filters, and cross drilled brake lines...

:lmao:

They even have a budget lowering kit that consist of 4 nails !!!

Ron

JRoy91RS 01-08-2004 09:24 PM

Do they have chemlight batteries, too? I need some of those.

Z28guy83 01-08-2004 09:58 PM

i have some

ultra rare golden headlight fluid to coat them muffler bearings for sale :lala: :lala: :lala: :doh:

Camaro_nut 01-10-2004 12:05 PM

I'm sorry to burst anyone's bubble, but it's just another "gimmick"! Your catalytic converter was designed to do all what that tailpipe does! The converter has a chemical
reaction inside that "converts" the HC,CO, and NOx gases to
water and oxygen. All newer vehicles ( 96 and up) have OBD 2 equipped computers and emissions controls that are more and
more improved, complexed and advanced each year! So, there's NO need for this "tailpipe"! Even on older vehicles! A properly
running older vehicle with all attached factory emissions devices will have NO problems passing emissions or hurting the environment as much. This is NO :bs: either! Remember that the older the vehicle, the more likely it's going to wear and collect carbon in the motor, thus increasing emissions. Nothing is perfect!
Even a newer car will have some unburnt gases pass through the cat ( or cats ), but at a VERY small number.

I just wanted to point that it's just a :bs: item! Don't waste your money! There's NO need to add this item to your car for more emissions reduction!

Blinker fluid is non toxic, bye the way! :doh:

And muffler bearings carry lifetime warranties! :lala:

9c1Caprice 01-10-2004 01:36 PM

Originally posted by ronterry
.... cross drilled brake lines...

Ron

That's hilarious. I've never heard that one.

joshwilson3 01-10-2004 04:17 PM

Originally posted by ronterry
.... cross drilled brake lines...

Ron

Originally posted by 9c1Caprice
That's hilarious. I've never heard that one.
I have heard of those. In fact, they seem to help your HP, cause I just put some on and it feels like I'm going so fast that I can barely stop, if even that! Man, I love these things! :hail:

formula350sd 01-26-2004 01:42 AM

you know what you really need is that t 16 hyper drive nubian

dcm01003 02-08-2004 12:56 PM

I put a flux capacitor underneath my hood....WOW!! I get like 1000 miles per gallon. I highly recommend it. I think it is made by MGM, but i'm not sure..do a search..

Dave

Camaro_nut 02-08-2004 01:43 PM

Doc actually has a few "tweaked" flux capacitors in his
garage just lying there! Give him a buzz. He doesn't have
a computer. You only need garbage/waste to make it run!
Easy 2 hour install! He can get you the brackets and belt
drive kit to make it easy to set up! Good on a stock L98
motor or even a L03 for a 1000hp!

:blah: :huh: :lmao: :nod:

no_car_yet 02-08-2004 06:32 PM

yeah

wouldn't you have to change your muffler fliud with that though?:lala:

acescarrsRS 02-08-2004 07:42 PM

Yeah I added Mr. Fusion to my Flux Capacitor & it works great!!! :D :lmao: :lmao:

LO3Jeff 02-08-2004 08:59 PM

since we are on the subject about fuel savings. what about that tornade fuel saver anyone tried it? if so does it help

porkyzilla 02-09-2004 01:58 AM

so on a flux compasitor you run on hydrogen making it emissions free right? mgm is great

B4Ctom1 02-09-2004 04:41 AM

Originally posted by LO3Jeff
since we are on the subject about fuel savings. what about that tornade fuel saver anyone tried it? if so does it help
snake oil

acescarrsRS 02-09-2004 06:38 AM

Originally posted by B4Ctom1
snake oil

I agree. I've got one on my Tundra & I haven't gain any MPG from it. .........Then again I do drive with a lead foot:doh: :D

Camaro_nut 02-09-2004 04:13 PM

acescarrsRS,

Geeze, I LOVE the color on your Camaro!

I had used my garbage for my flux capacitor. That way,
I never have to worry about putting out the garbage for
the trash man to pick up. I also don't have to worry about
the dogs getting into it either! :nod: :lol:

acescarrsRS 02-09-2004 04:20 PM

Originally posted by Camaro_nut
acescarrsRS,

Geeze, I LOVE the color on your Camaro!

I had used my garbage for my flux capacitor. That way,
I never have to worry about putting out the garbage for
the trash man to pick up. I also don't have to worry about
the dogs getting into it either! :nod: :lol:

:lmao: :lmao: Hmmmm I think this flux capacitor joke is turning into a monster:doh: & Thanks for the compliment on my car Camaro_nut:D

Camaro_nut 02-09-2004 04:47 PM

Yes, and I'm surprised that no Mods have told us to shut up
about it. I think we should end it.........now. :lala:

Among other things too.... cross drilled brake lines, muffler
bearings, muffler fluid, blinker/directional fluid,etc.!

But It's good to poke fun at those "fuel saver" thingys!
It makes us laugh, in turn is good for us! :lol: :lmao: :nod:

Camaro_nut 02-09-2004 04:50 PM

Originally posted by LO3Jeff
The cheaper fuel saver that just came out is the
"Hurricane fuel saver", It's not as strong as the
"Tornado" one, but still helps in the MPG!

B4Ctom1 02-09-2004 08:26 PM

snake oil

Camaro_nut 02-10-2004 05:18 PM

yeah, what about "snake oil"?

I use shark oil in my gas tank. It's on sale now at
Wal Mart for like $10. Claim to give about 10 more MPG.

slohand 02-12-2004 11:06 PM

I put a turbo with nitros on my flux capacitor and i only feed it garbage from ritzy neighborhoods!! it will kick your flux capacitor's a$$!!:p

JMatlock88 02-12-2004 11:26 PM

As much as I like the humor, :D I think this thread has outlived its useful life.

I will allow a serious review of this product on the review board...feel free to repost and I will keep it edited. Thanks!