Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   Aftermarket Product Review (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/aftermarket-product-review/)
-   -   Holley Throttle Body Owners Inside (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/aftermarket-product-review/271784-holley-throttle-body-owners.html)

89FormulaRoth 12-21-2004 08:47 AM

Holley Throttle Body Owners Inside

I bought a Holley 52mm throttle body and found that the stock ducting is too small to fit. I've loosened the clamp as far as it will go and it still won't fit. I measured the outer diameters and the Holley throttle body is larger. What did anyone else do? Was this a screw up on Holley's part? :confused:

vernw 12-23-2004 01:28 PM

Mine goes on, but it's a tight fit. You just have to start it on the bottom and work it onto the top.

89FormulaRoth 12-23-2004 08:51 PM

Thanks for the info. I thought maybe it was just me missing something obvious. I wrapped a piece of tape around the Holley throttle body to measure circumference (I know it's not a circle, but I couldn't think of a better word) and found it to be about 3/8 inch larger than the stock unit. What I'm still wondering, though, is why Holley made their unit that much larger. I realize the bores are larger, but I still they could've done better. It seems like there is more than enough metal where the throttle body attaches to the ducting. Oh well, what do I know? I'm just a consumer, not an engineer. :rolleyes:

CaptPicardsZ28 12-25-2004 12:46 AM

Originally posted by 89FormulaRoth
Thanks for the info. I thought maybe it was just me missing something obvious. I wrapped a piece of tape around the Holley throttle body to measure circumference (I know it's not a circle, but I couldn't think of a better word) and found it to be about 3/8 inch larger than the stock unit. What I'm still wondering, though, is why Holley made their unit that much larger. I realize the bores are larger, but I still they could've done better. It seems like there is more than enough metal where the throttle body attaches to the ducting. Oh well, what do I know? I'm just a consumer, not an engineer. :rolleyes:
I got a different setup because the stock elbow wouldnt fit. Its an LT1 elbow. Got it from summit.

89FormulaRoth 12-25-2004 03:58 PM

The LT1 elbow just bolted right up? It looks like it's slightly smaller.

napa dude 12-28-2004 03:11 PM

as vern said it's def a tight fit.u have to start with it on the bottom and work it on.it will fit though

91wtROH17's 12-29-2004 10:27 AM

My BBK 52mm is the same way, just squeeze it on, use a small screw driver to strech it as you are putting it on.

CaptPicardsZ28 12-29-2004 02:29 PM

Originally posted by 89FormulaRoth
The LT1 elbow just bolted right up? It looks like it's slightly smaller.

What do you mean bolted right up? It doesnt bolt to anything. Its an elbow. There are two sleeves that go on each end and one clamps to the tb. It works fine