Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   Aftermarket Product Review (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/aftermarket-product-review/)
-   -   Extremely impressed with Berryman B-12 CHEMTOOL Carburetor/Choke Cleaner! (pics/w in) (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/aftermarket-product-review/633909-extremely-impressed-berryman-b.html)

FueledSoul 11-19-2011 12:38 PM

Extremely impressed with Berryman B-12 CHEMTOOL Carburetor/Choke Cleaner! (pics/w in)

2 Attachment(s)
So i had to replace the injection assembly in one of my vehicles, i noticed how dirty my lower intake was. I tried to clean it with a wire brush and some carb type cleaners that are made for cutting down gum, grease, deposits etc but the can of cleaner i was using ran out so i figured i would just pick up another one since i had to go to a auto parts store for something else anyways. I looked around and found this B-12 cleaner, i like to try new things and iv never tried B-12 cleaner so i grab a can to try out, i figured at best it would be the same as the one i was using. When i sprayed the lower intake it immediately started to dissolved and wash everything away, All i did was spray then whip up the liquefied deposits on the intake it took me 5 or 10 mins it was ridiculously effort less with no hard work involved at all and remind you the intake had heavy caked on deposits.

Here is a before and after. I wish i had pics of the how dirty the injector bosses where before i cleaned but i wanted to get this done and i wasn't expecting the lower intake to come out looking near new!

Attachment 380689

Attachment 380690

DBLTKE 11-19-2011 02:11 PM

Re: Extremely impressed with Berryman B-12 CHEMTOOL Carburetor/Choke Cleaner! (pics/w

Wow. I've heard of it and always meant to try it but I just keep using the same stuff. I'll really have to pick some of that up next time I'm cleaning some parts up.

IROCtheRoad 11-19-2011 10:19 PM

Re: Extremely impressed with Berryman B-12 CHEMTOOL Carburetor/Choke Cleaner! (pics/w

That's impressive. I used some carb dip from autozone that was a complete waste of money. Thanks for sharing.

burnout88 11-20-2011 09:30 AM

Good find!! I will have to try that out.

Chevy86 IROC-Z 02-18-2012 10:57 PM

So to the guys who said that they are gonna try out the product, did it work?

jaymzallyn 02-19-2012 01:12 PM

I picked up a can a couple of weeks ago intending on cleaning out my egr valve with it. I ended up blasting my intake with it instead and was very pleased. The buildup was actually pouring out from the front of my throttle body. I didn't realize how much the over priced seafoam had been missing.

Carlos773 02-19-2012 02:14 PM

Used it before to clean my LT1 intake and worked wonders. I have 4 cans in my garage.

BOOT77 02-21-2012 09:17 AM

I use brake clean a lot, bought some cheap stuff once and it took several cans and I thought wow this stuff is really caked on in my tpi intake. Used one name brand can and it cleaned it down to the metal.

91phoenix 02-21-2012 10:49 AM

I have used the Berryman's B-12 for years. It cleans very well. I have done many a carburetor not to mention cleaning engine parts. It can get a little pricey when doing real big projects like the whole of the outside of a friends engine block before painting but is the best that I have found. (It had caked on crud) I have used it to clean up paint mishaps also. I always buy three or four cans before I start a project that I might need some.

project89 01-03-2017 04:27 PM

if u guys need to clean stuff u can pull off the motor to dip use pinesol with a about 25-35% water mix . i soak carbs and stuff in this mix and it works great and much cheaper then the alternatives

for really tough stuff dont add water , but ive never had to use it stright mixing it with water has always worked well for me

best part is it doesnt harm rubber and gaskets

edit
ahh crap i didnt relize how old this was

jmd 01-03-2017 04:31 PM

Info is always good.

chazman 01-03-2017 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by project89 (Post 6102431)
if u guys need to clean stuff u can pull off the motor to dip use pinesol with a about 25-35% water mix . i soak carbs and stuff in this mix and it works great and much cheaper then the alternatives

for really tough stuff dont add water , but ive never had to use it stright mixing it with water has always worked well for me

best part is it doesnt harm rubber and gaskets

edit
ahh crap i didnt relize how old this was

I've never used Pinesol, but I've heard about it. I'll have to pick up a bottle, or maybe check under the kitchen sink.

jmd 01-03-2017 10:20 PM

So what year Vortec 4.3 is that? I know it is't 92-95.

greenyone 01-16-2017 05:17 PM

I started using the pinesol a few years ago when Berrymans went to a more environmentally friendly formula. Which means Berrymans no longer works any better than any of the other off the shelf carb/part cleaners. The Pinesol works well. I'd say not as good as the old formula Berrymans, but better than anything else I've tried. I use it strait up with no water.