Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   Aftermarket Product Review (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/aftermarket-product-review/)
-   -   Part # 4422 Strong Arm hood lifts JUNK (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/aftermarket-product-review/748171-part-4422-strong-arm.html)

3rdgenparts 10-09-2017 03:33 PM

Part # 4422 Strong Arm hood lifts JUNK

Just a courtesy heads up, These are TRASH !!!:mad:

I got the #4422 hood lifts at O'reilly's around 2013/2014 and the car was mostly parked/garage kept. So now I just had to replaced them again cause the hood is starting to drop down 2-3 inches when it was raised up :rolleyes:

Luckily, I have a "hook up" at my local O'reilly's and got them swapped out for free with the MUCH better quality sachs brand :D :thumbsup:

Now, I'm wondering how long more my #4900 rear hatch lifts will last :rolleyes:

Dave

Drew 10-09-2017 04:00 PM

Re: Part # 4422 Strong Arm hood lifts JUNK

Meh. Lifetime warranty. Photocopy the thermal printed receipt so it won't fade, keep it in a safe place. Every few years when they start to get soft, take them back for a new set.

3rdgenparts 10-09-2017 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by Drew (Post 6175195)
Meh. Lifetime warranty. Photocopy the thermal printed receipt so it won't fade, keep it in a safe place. Every few years when they start to get soft, take them back for a new set.

Yeah getting ready to move, so everything is packed up in boxes and for some reason they couldn't find my purchase history in their system go figure :rolleyes:

You have luck where you live in Kansas because down here in Oklahoma and sometimes when I'm in California, they get fussy and picky about these so called "lifetime" warranties :rolleyes:

Like I mentioned before, What saved my a$$ was that I have a manager "hookup" at my local O'Reilly's and he swapped them out no questions asked

Dave

Ron U.S.M.C. 10-09-2017 07:28 PM

I also have had great luck with the sachs brand lifts both front and rear.
I have been using the same ones rated for the steel hood on my 2in Steel Goodmark for over 5 years now.
They also come with the Limited Lifetime Warranty.

J.C. Denton 10-10-2017 01:53 PM

Short question: Where can I buy the Sachs Lifts online? Or can anyone give me a part # so I can try to order them here in germany? Sachs is / has been a german manufacturer... maybe they are still available over here.
Thanks.

3rdgenparts 10-10-2017 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by J.C. Denton (Post 6175469)
Short question: Where can I buy the Sachs Lifts online? Or can anyone give me a part # so I can try to order them here in germany? Sachs is / has been a german manufacturer... maybe they are still available over here.
Thanks.

PM sent

Dave

Abubaca 10-12-2017 11:24 AM

I too wouldn't mind the part number for the Sachs part. I've been using strong arm for several years now. I replace them every spring. Buy them one year, warranty the next. Been doing that for 5 or 6 years now.

Abubaca 10-12-2017 11:28 AM

Got that Sachs number. Let me confirm that it's the proper number before I post up. ...if anyone knows for sure, please post.

OK, looks like it's SG430001. All positive reviews and MUCH cheaper than strong arm, holy cow!!!! ...gonna order a set right now!!!!!!

3rdgenparts 10-12-2017 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Abubaca (Post 6175872)
Got that Sachs number. Let me confirm that it's the proper number before I post up. ...if anyone knows for sure, please post.

OK, looks like it's SG430001. All positive reviews and MUCH cheaper than strong arm, holy cow!!!! ...gonna order a set right now!!!!!!

Yes, That's the correct part # for the "metal" hood :thumbsup:

In this case, I suggest you buy from an actual store that price matches online so you can "Exchange":D these when they wear out.

Dave

Abubaca 10-16-2017 08:12 AM

In this case, I suggest you buy from an actual store that price matches online so you can "Exchange" these when they wear out.
Agreed. I didn't actually order them, and for that very reason. I've done that in the past with my Strongarm shocks, LOL.