Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   Aftermarket Vendor Review (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/aftermarket-vendor-review/)
-   -   APC closing (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/aftermarket-vendor-review/406253-apc-closing.html)

fbodyguy86 01-29-2007 12:12 PM

APC closing

just a heads up if anyone cares i know they are mainly "*****" stuff got a notice at my work that APC is closing their warehouses and not shipping anymore product

1986Z28OWNER 01-30-2007 11:40 AM

what a tradgedy, no more neon shift knobs, and windshield banners

1991CamaroRslow 01-30-2007 12:03 PM

5in fart cannons and vinyls OH MY.

Jetmeck 01-30-2007 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by 1986Z28OWNER (Post 3207964)
what a tradgedy, no more neon shift knobs, and windshield banners

Autozone and Advance will have to restock half the store.

Do they actually sell any of this stuff ?

SmallTires 01-30-2007 01:05 PM

Just like the dot com bubble that created and destroyed so many businesses in the late 90's this is about on par with that. The fast and the furious and other youth targeted imports had a huge rise in interest and dozens of companies were created to fill in that gap where product was needed. However since the import craze has about settled to where it would have likely always ben minus this big fad it experienced, it doesn't surprise me that you see one of the biggest companies go belly up. You can likely see this trend to continue with others. I personnally am not sad.

1991CamaroRslow 01-30-2007 01:49 PM

We owe this to American Muscle and German Engineering. I really think those VW commercials with the creepy German guy "um pimping auto's" is working. Add this to the fact that the intial buzz of import car movies is dying and racing games are starting to feature domestic vehicles in them, now the import kids don't have there dreams of outrunning V8's all day. Adding to this is the fact that most of the people buying APC don't run at the track (if they do it's emberassing 99% of the time). To top it off most of the reliable import cars I see scrapped out have 5in chrome *insert random Japanese name* mufflers and aluminum skyscraper wings. It looks like the market collapsed on itself for alot of reasons. Now we can get back to the knowledgable import owners and manufacturers getting some recognition again with the death of all there knock offs.

dubcity 01-30-2007 02:51 PM

hah i work at a autoparts store... and sadly enough they do sell...
its halarious this one time like a 16 year old kid came in with his dad
and his dads commenting how ridiculous they are (neons n shitt)and the kids says dad you dont understand im a ricerr!!
i dont know if i have ever laughed that hard before...
hahah! still laugh thinking about it.

1986Z28OWNER 01-30-2007 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by dubcity (Post 3208194)
hah i work at a autoparts store... and sadly enough they do sell...
its halarious this one time like a 16 year old kid came in with his dad
and his dads commenting how ridiculous they are (neons n shitt)and the kids says dad you dont understand im a ricerr!!
i dont know if i have ever laughed that hard before...
hahah! still laugh thinking about it.

you work at a partsource by any chance??? thats where i work!!!!!

Firebat 01-30-2007 03:36 PM

good, less idiots with have apc windshield banners on their junk in the future

Jetmeck 01-30-2007 04:59 PM

That VW commercial does crack me up, not that I like any
import of any kind but it is especially gratifying to see them smash the hell out of the rice mobiles. :goodjob:

MetalliCamaroRS 01-31-2007 07:15 PM

This doesn't have any "Vendor Review" value to it, it's just going to turn into a "bash ricers" post so I'm locking it. Questions or comments, PM me. Thanks.