Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   Alternative Port EFI Intakes (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/alternative-port-efi-intakes/)
-   -   What intake is this? (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/alternative-port-efi-intakes/524037-what-intake.html)

Foggedv6 05-01-2009 06:48 PM

What intake is this?

2 Attachment(s)
Did a search, came up with nothing.

1brd2brd3brd4 05-01-2009 07:26 PM

Re: What intake is this?

I dunno.....but I'd like to have one!

vetteoz 05-02-2009 12:36 AM

where did you find it?

Foggedv6 05-02-2009 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by vetteoz (Post 4142810)
where did you find it?

I bought it off ebay, the seller said he bought it from a local speed shop and he seemed to think it was some kind of prototype from slp. It has no markings on it other then "M-0012" cast in to the base.

anesthes 05-04-2009 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by Foggedv6 (Post 4142446)
Did a search, came up with nothing.

An old one.

I have a picture of it in one of my books. I think it's "street n performance" but I'll double check when I get home.

-- Joe

Foggedv6 05-04-2009 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by anesthes (Post 4145214)
An old one.

I have a picture of it in one of my books. I think it's "street n performance" but I'll double check when I get home.

-- Joe

Awesome, I knew this board would be the right place to ask.

92RS(real slow) 05-04-2009 06:43 PM

that looks badass i want one

Foggedv6 05-09-2009 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by anesthes (Post 4145214)
An old one.

-- Joe

I emailed street & performance, its not one of theirs.

JP86SS 05-09-2009 11:43 PM

Kinda resembles an HSR base... Fuel rails are the same as HSR (except the notch).
Is that an EGR on the side?

BadSS 05-09-2009 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by Foggedv6 (Post 4143076)
I bought it off ebay, the seller said he bought it from a local speed shop and he seemed to think it was some kind of prototype from slp. It has no markings on it other then "M-0012" cast in to the base.

I know SLP was working on what they called a "ShortRam" prototype in 1989. They brought one that was very similar but wasn't as close as this one appears to be to production to a May 1989 Car Craft intake shoot-out. The way the water neck area and water crossover is formed looks close enough to the the SLP T-Ram that it just may be exactly what the guy claimed it to be. If the base openings are rectangular and off-set like the T-Ram,,, that would further the notion of an SLP prototype. Regardless,,, nice find!!!

Here's a link another member posted a while back to the comparison page of the intakes in that Car Craft article The engine was a stock 350 Corvette TPI with IROC manifolds and dual cats - the SLP listing there is the ShortRam.
https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/atta...s-dscf6425.jpg

tony_cogliandro 05-10-2009 12:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
it is ok looking but lacks style - sort of like a shoe box on a set of runners.
what does the front tag say?
what kind of throttle body do you run and what is the air flow figures on it?
does kind of look like this style as a prototype - but they all look alike.

Foggedv6 05-10-2009 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by JP86SS (Post 4152468)
Kinda resembles an HSR base... Fuel rails are the same as HSR (except the notch).
Is that an EGR on the side?

They are actually modified gm tpi fuel rails and yes it does have the provision for EGR.

Originally Posted by BadSS (Post 4152482)
I know SLP was working on what they called a "ShortRam" prototype in 1989. They brought one that was very similar but wasn't as close as this one appears to be to production to a May 1989 Car Craft intake shoot-out. The way the water neck area and water crossover is formed looks close enough to the the SLP T-Ram that it just may be exactly what the guy claimed it to be. If the base openings are rectangular and off-set like the T-Ram,,, that would further the notion of an SLP prototype. Regardless,,, nice find!!!

Here's a link another member posted a while back to the comparison page of the intakes in that Car Craft article The engine was a stock 350 Corvette TPI with IROC manifolds and dual cats - the SLP listing there is the ShortRam.
https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/atta...s-dscf6425.jpg

Very interesting. I'll post up some pictures of the inside. Although someone has done some creative work inside the plenum with epoxy.

Originally Posted by tony_cogliandro (Post 4152495)
it is ok looking but lacks style - sort of like a shoe box on a set of runners.
what does the front tag say?
what kind of throttle body do you run and what is the air flow figures on it?
does kind of look like this style as a prototype - but they all look alike.

It has a stock LT1 throttle body on it, nothing on the front tag just "m-0012" cast into the rear of the base in front of the distributor hole.

brians88gta 05-23-2009 06:24 PM

thats got to be home made looks like somebody didnt want to buy the holley rail kit and made the stock rails work and thats the pressure regulater

Steve Mack 05-24-2009 02:27 PM

Nice find I want one.

drknow90rs_ss@y 06-25-2009 02:31 AM

Nice! I'd like to know a little more about it. Looks like an lt-1 intake, but with all of the lt-1 issues taken care of.
Surprised no-one here knows what it is.

Foggedv6 06-30-2009 08:54 PM

I've pretty much given up on trying to find out what it is, I'm just going to use it.

It would be nice if someone could scan some pictures from that 1989 issue of car craft though;)

drknow90rs_ss@y 07-01-2009 04:19 AM

Still want to know what it is though. Maybe an early mini-ram proto?

Street Lethal 07-01-2009 05:03 AM

Originally Posted by Foggedv6
Did a search, came up with nothing....

It looks like a very early Arizona Speed & Marine TPI setup. I would give them a call, either that or send them an email with the link to this webpage showing the pictures and casting numbers. As soon as I seen your pics they were the first company that came to mind....

http://www.azspeed-marine.com/fuelinjection.html

Foggedv6 07-02-2009 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by Street Lethal (Post 4206507)
It looks like a very early Arizona Speed & Marine TPI setup. I would give them a call, either that or send them an email with the link to this webpage showing the pictures and casting numbers. As soon as I seen your pics they were the first company that came to mind....

http://www.azspeed-marine.com/fuelinjection.html

Emailed them, not one theirs either.

Street Lethal 07-02-2009 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by Foggedv6
Emailed them, not one theirs either....

The more I look at it, the more it looks like an early RamJet setup, or even prototype....

jkris53406 09-16-2009 08:40 AM

Did you ever find out what this is? There is one on ebay right now and I am quite curious.

Foggedv6 09-16-2009 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by jkris53406 (Post 4284271)
Did you ever find out what this is? There is one on ebay right now and I am quite curious.

No and that's mine on eBay.

anesthes 09-16-2009 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Foggedv6 (Post 4284304)

pm me a link to the ad.

-- Joe

JERRYWHO 09-16-2009 12:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Foggedv6 (Post 4284304)

My guess from the casting number that its a GM R & D casting from 1990.

I have a LT1 intake with a third gen EGR factory casted on the side and a factory dis. hole, it is also GM R & D part.

Funny how all this old R & D stuff is still floating around.

Is that epoxy above the injector holes.

Also look at how small the runners are, one more tell that it a R & D part

Jerry

Foggedv6 09-18-2009 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by JERRYWHO (Post 4284457)
My guess from the casting number that its a GM R & D casting from 1990.

I have a LT1 intake with a third gen EGR factory casted on the side and a factory dis. hole, it is also GM R & D part.

Funny how all this old R & D stuff is still floating around.

Is that epoxy above the injector holes.

Also look at how small the runners are, one more tell that it a R & D part

Jerry

Yes that epoxy on the outside of the runners, didn't understand why it was there. The runners arent ported anywhere near enough to be thin in that area. All the mouths of the runners in the plenum have epoxy on them also, changing the radius of the inlet.

MassD 03-10-2013 07:19 PM

thats a mcfarland short ram intake