Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   Alternative Port EFI Intakes (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/alternative-port-efi-intakes/)
-   -   Holley efi fuel fittings and 89 camaro fuel line fittings (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/alternative-port-efi-intakes/757647-holley-efi-fuel-fittings.html)

Gunreaper 12-01-2018 01:07 PM

Holley efi fuel fittings and 89 camaro fuel line fittings

Going with a holey efi on my 89 camaro that was tpi. My question is connecting the efi fuel to the 89 camaro stock fuel lines by steering shaft. Can someone tell me what fittings I would need to do some of that stainless flex fuel line.

Abubaca 12-01-2018 01:26 PM

Re: Holley efi fuel fittings and 89 camaro fuel line fittings

I think factory sizes are 14mm and 16mm, but double check that. ....then you just have to find the adapter fittings. I think most all the major AN fitting suppliers carry various adapters to fit those sizes to whatever AN size you want, in male or female configurations. Pretty easy to do. I did that on mine, but it was a LONG time ago. I think I got male/male fittings, 16mm to -6AN and 14mm to -6AN. ...then just a standard -6AN fuel line with a standard female fitting. BUT...like I said, double check those sizes. ***Edit, to be completely honest, I can't remember what I did exactly! -regardless, just gotta get the right adapter fittings.

I've got the Holley HP on my 89. You're gonna love it. Be sure to join the Holley forums. Tech help is awesome.

Gunreaper 12-01-2018 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Gunreaper (Post 6265776)
Going with a holey efi on my 89 camaro that was tpi. My question is connecting the efi fuel to the 89 camaro stock fuel lines by steering shaft. Can someone tell me what fittings I would need to do some of that stainless flex fuel line.

Originally Posted by Abubaca (Post 6265782)
I think factory sizes are 14mm and 16mm, but double check that. ....then you just have to find the adapter fittings. I think most all the major AN fitting suppliers carry various adapters to fit those sizes to whatever AN size you want, in male or female configurations. Pretty easy to do. I did that on mine, but it was a LONG time ago. I think I got male/male fittings, 16mm to -6AN and 14mm to -6AN. ...then just a standard -6AN fuel line with a standard female fitting. BUT...like I said, double check those sizes.

I've got the Holley HP on my 89. You're gonna love it. Be sure to join the Holley forums. Tech help is awesome.

ok. What about the stock fuel pump in my 89 tpi? The holley efi needs 60psi. Does it pump 60psi before fuel regulator or do I need a new pump?

Abubaca 12-01-2018 01:34 PM

I used the kit designed for TPI/Stealthram type manifolds, which use stock pressure. That being said, I upgraded the fuel system with a Racetronix 255 pump and hotwire kit. I'm assuming you need 60psi for the throttle body style kit? Look into that Racetronix set up....it's not real expensive and thus far it's worked well for me.

Gunreaper 12-01-2018 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Abubaca (Post 6265785)
I used the kit designed for TPI/Stealthram type manifolds, which use stock pressure. That being said, I upgraded the fuel system with a Racetronix 255 pump and hotwire kit. I'm assuming you need 60psi for the throttle body style kit? Look into that Racetronix set up....it's not real expensive and thus far it's worked well for me.

ok will do

QwkTrip 12-01-2018 03:10 PM

Look at Accel part number 74730

Gunreaper 12-01-2018 05:08 PM

Is that what you use? My choice is aeromotive, walbro, accel,