Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   Auto Detailing and Appearance (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/auto-detailing-appearance/)
-   -   Monte Carlo Headlights... (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/auto-detailing-appearance/209165-monte-carlo-headlights.html)

MuscleHeadSS 11-05-2003 08:24 PM

Monte Carlo Headlights...

After seeing Fatal's car in Camaro Performance Magazine, I did a search and found out that it was a 1987 Monte Carlo headlight, and that it was not that hard of an install, but has anyone done that knows the exactly what I need and what has to be done? Thanks for the help :D

Joe

MuscleHeadSS 11-05-2003 10:42 PM

http://image1ex.villagephotos.com/1606944.jpg

that's what it looks like....

MuscleHeadSS 11-05-2003 10:55 PM

nevermind I did a better search, found everything I Need.... :doh:

Z28guy83 11-05-2003 11:20 PM

can you

give any other info on it im looking to do the same thing with either monte headlights or corsica lights

MuscleHeadSS 11-05-2003 11:49 PM

Re: can you

Originally posted by Z28guy83
give any other info on it im looking to do the same thing with either monte headlights or corsica lights
I did a search for Monte Carlo Headlights and there was a lot of info...

EvilCartman 11-06-2003 12:08 AM

I have yet to put mine in :doh: just not a high priority item right now.

88Camaro350 11-06-2003 10:28 AM

Is it a pretty straight forward installation?

What year monte are those from.

Mikes86SC 11-06-2003 12:33 PM

87-88 if I'm right.

stiers 11-06-2003 12:38 PM

Looking at those lights...they can't possibly be aligned properly to shine the light where you want it. Although you should be able to see the side of the road well :eek:

MrDude_1 11-06-2003 12:40 PM

Originally posted by stiers
Looking at those lights...they can't possibly be aligned properly to shine the light where you want it. Although you should be able to see the side of the road well :eek:
wachoo talkin about?

PimpRod92RS 11-06-2003 01:03 PM

I understand that it is an interesting and different mod, but why are so many of you interested in this? The third generation signature is in the headlights, you can spot them a mile away at night. I am not trying to anger anyone or put down the idea, but wouldnt you rather have a thirdgen with regular headlights?

MuscleHeadSS 11-06-2003 01:15 PM

just curious how much do they go for, a local junkyard quoted me at $200 for everything including the harness.... does that sound right?

MrDude_1 11-06-2003 01:18 PM

Originally posted by PimpRod92RS
I understand that it is an interesting and different mod, but why are so many of you interested in this? The third generation signature is in the headlights, you can spot them a mile away at night. I am not trying to anger anyone or put down the idea, but wouldnt you rather have a thirdgen with regular headlights?

for me, yea.. the headlights are the "eyes" of my camaro.. i love them, and i dont want to cover them or change them....

but i understand some people want theirs to be diffrent.... i dont have a prob with that either.

JeremyNYR 11-06-2003 05:47 PM

$200 sounds very excessive to me. Is this a u-pull-it kinda place or do they pull it all for you? I don't remember seeing any monte carlos at the yards i've gone to, but the price of one headlight assembly for any model that had was $16. I don't think that pulling the wiring harness would add to the price significantly.

MuscleHeadSS 11-06-2003 08:35 PM

Originally posted by JeremyNYR
$200 sounds very excessive to me. Is this a u-pull-it kinda place or do they pull it all for you? I don't remember seeing any monte carlos at the yards i've gone to, but the price of one headlight assembly for any model that had was $16. I don't think that pulling the wiring harness would add to the price significantly.
yea, I thought $200 was a lot of money for headlights and a harness off an 87 Monte, and its a place where they get the part for you, ummm.... I told the guy I would come back, and made up some excuse b/c I wasn't going to pay $200 until I found out if it was a good price, but thanks I agree with you on this one.

EvilCartman 11-06-2003 08:38 PM

I got mine for 46 bucks off of ebay minus anything electrical. Just haven't had a big enough flame up my arse to get down to the junkyard for the rest of the bits. Some day.... some day.... 350 is high priority right now, should be back on the road in a couple weeks.

MuscleHeadSS 11-06-2003 08:43 PM

Originally posted by EvilCartman
I got mine for 46 bucks off of ebay minus anything electrical. Just haven't had a big enough flame up my arse to get down to the junkyard for the rest of the bits. Some day.... some day.... 350 is high priority right now, should be back on the road in a couple weeks.
wow $46!! I would've gotten shafted if I paid him $200... screw that! :nod: