Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   Auto Detailing and Appearance (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/auto-detailing-appearance/)
-   -   black dog movie (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/auto-detailing-appearance/224409-black-dog-movie.html)

Dante93GTZ 02-18-2004 11:43 AM

black dog movie

Hopefully this is the right place for this...

Last night, while doing some shopping, I picked up a copy of Black Dog. As you might know, its got a bunch of scenes involving an 87ish IROC-Z.

In watching the movie, I noticed something. I'm sure it happens in a ton of movies, but its still annoying.

In the movie, the IROC-Z has 85-87 IROC wheels and in some action shots, it has the 88+ IROC wheels.

Also, 1/2 the shots have a 5spd car and half have an auto car... Its kinda funny.

19doug90 02-18-2004 11:50 AM

yeah the auto/5spd is a pretty common thing in the movies but the different wheels is funny, good eye

MrDude_1 02-18-2004 11:53 AM

check out the complexity of that cage when it rolls over.... lots and lots and lots of bars.. lol.

JR86-TA 02-18-2004 12:57 PM

Also, in Ride or Die, there is a white third gen Camaro with Blue racing stripes. I liked it a lot. However, they so kindly blew it up!! I was quite upset at that point.

Stevo 02-18-2004 01:11 PM

they always blow up the camaros :rolleyes:

i get so pissed off whenever i see them ruin one

im suprised they didnt trash the red Iroc in the movie It. I coulda swore at the end it was gonna go...

benoit454 02-18-2004 01:33 PM

when did they roll the camaro in black dog?

ive watched it 4 or 5 times and it gets beat all to hell and knocked off road and then window shot out n junk and the monte gets blew up but i never seen em roll the maro just disert it i think and all ride in the truck.

guess ima have go watch it again lol

Stevo 02-18-2004 01:41 PM

ooohhhh is Black Dog the movie with the blue camaro? I wasnt into 3rd gen camaros at teh time so much but ya i remember that car i loved it till they trashed the **** outta it.

And was it an Iroc Z? ill have to watch the movie again but i gotta thing for blue Irocs

MrDude_1 02-18-2004 02:00 PM

Originally posted by benoit454
when did they roll the camaro in black dog?

ive watched it 4 or 5 times and it gets beat all to hell and knocked off road and then window shot out n junk and the monte gets blew up but i never seen em roll the maro just disert it i think and all ride in the truck.

guess ima have go watch it again lol

he gets hit from the side by someone.. i forget what... then goess off road, back across the road, and slides...... he might not flip over, but i recall its a scene where the car could have potentially flipped, and you can clearly see the roll cage....

to be honest, i havent seen the movie in abotu 5 years,(or whenever it first came out) so it might not have rolled...... but i recall the cage.

anymethod 02-18-2004 02:19 PM

Yea, thats a good chase scene in that movie. They probably had the 2 different Camaros, one for the actors and one for the stunt drivers. I'm sure the stunt driver's was the one that was stick. And thank G*d this time the Monte blew up instead of the Camaro, eventhough it is a Chevy.

~Matt

benoit454 02-18-2004 02:31 PM

yea i seen the cage many times thruout the movie n stuff but dont remember it rolling over just lik eu said hit ran off road and back on and slammed sideways like t boned then he moves and the tractor trailer slams brakes on and bumm montes gone lol yea shame it was a chevy should have been meat loafs ford truck lol

Dante93GTZ 02-18-2004 03:11 PM

Just watched the movie on lunch again (Just the Camaro scenes) and it does clearly have a black roll bad, but at no point does the Camaro roll over.

The other thing I noticed is that the car was all automatic... No 5pseeds, at least no shots of em. One thing that threw me off was the part where he is getting pushed sideways by the Monte and then he floors it. It looked like he was shifting 5pseed gears but frame by frame shows he is shifting the auto tranny from N to 1 and then flooring it.

Anyhoo - I've got too much time on my hands...

Not intentionally wanting to plug WalMart, they do have it on DVD for only 9.44 if yer interested.

Dante93GTZ 02-18-2004 04:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just found a pic of said IROC-Z28:

If you look at the bottom left corner, you can see the grill that flew off.

87rediroc 02-18-2004 04:38 PM

Interesting. Wonder how many Irocs they went through in that film...so sad. Anyway, in No Man's Land with Charlie Sheen (circa 1986-87), a blue z-28 bites it while chasing a hooked up Porsche. you might want to check it out.:D You see shooting flaws during the sequence and the cage when they roll it...

92RS87Z_Driver 02-18-2004 08:33 PM

Also, if you notice during parts when he's skiding off-road, during certain parts, the left side will be banged all up, and then in the next shot the side is fine. I noticed the wheels too. Sad to see it go, but it was still a sweet car.

jcurrieirocz 02-19-2004 12:22 AM

kind of like in the tv show "Fastlane" when they had the yellow iroc.... the close up one looked all correct then the one they show fliping in the air going off the road was a older z28 painted yellow you can see the air dam is different. I forget if it had the right rims or not??

kretos 02-19-2004 01:10 AM

it really sadens me to watch a camaro get totaled

IROCNParts 02-19-2004 03:34 AM

I love black dog!! but obviously they made some mistakes.. nice cage, looks like the SCCA cages..

bigals87z28 02-19-2004 05:28 AM

Black Dog!! OMFG thats the name of the movie! I think people have said it on here, but when I go talk about it, I always forget.
And that IROC would have smoked that monte...
I say they wasted more then the average amount of cars in that movie. The third gen population took a big hit that day.

Xophertony 02-19-2004 11:21 AM

there was this ok martin lawrence movie called national security. he has the SWEEEEETEST 91-92 Z28. i can't quite tell. rent that movie just for the car. oh, it's kind of funny too. oh, and at no time does it blow up.

Dante93GTZ 02-19-2004 01:08 PM

Originally posted by Xophertony
there was this ok martin lawrence movie called national security. he has the SWEEEEETEST 91-92 Z28. i can't quite tell. rent that movie just for the car. oh, it's kind of funny too. oh, and at no time does it blow up.
Was that the movie with the bad guy that drove the black Z28?