Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   Auto Detailing and Appearance (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/auto-detailing-appearance/)
-   -   Tried Nanowax this week. (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/auto-detailing-appearance/259676-tried-nanowax-week.html)

Mongoose 09-15-2004 07:21 PM

Tried Nanowax this week.

This stuff works pretty good. Took care of a lot of the swirls and fine scratches in the black paint. That little microfiber towel is cool as $h!t too. I'm going to get some more of those as they made removing the wax much easier. I was using Meguier's Gold Class but I think I'll stick with Eagle1.

nolanr0413 09-15-2004 07:53 PM

after trying many waxes and polishes , i think ive come to one conclustion , they are all the same, its the paint that looks good, and wax or polish on a good paint job will look good.

1986CamaroSC 09-16-2004 07:57 AM

Originally posted by nolanr0413
after trying many waxes and polishes , i think ive come to one conclustion , they are all the same, its the paint that looks good, and wax or polish on a good paint job will look good.
yep, pretty much

z zaniac 06-09-2007 02:24 PM

Re: Tried Nanowax this week.

the nanowax is great...
i like to use it on top of a carnuba paste to protect that layer as long as possable...
----------
however...note i only do a carnuaba paste once in a great while...
i usually use nanowax every wash...

1988CamaroSC 06-09-2007 02:29 PM

i just used mothers caranuba on my truck today, it was a pita to get off and its odd because i loved it on my camaro....:rolleyes:

Tibo 06-09-2007 07:43 PM

I called valvoline/eagle one about nanowax. they clarified that although it contains the word "polish" and "remove scratches" it is just a wax. Non abraisive. Turtle Wax Ice is the same way.

Regarding to topping the carnuba with the nanowax, I think that the nanowax would "dissolve" the underlying wax. I know that ICE is that way. Best to get a real sealent.

z zaniac 06-09-2007 11:23 PM

Tibo,
nanowax has carnauba in it...it does not dissolve anything....
btw, a sealent is best used directly on a clearcloat or paint layer, not on top of a carnauba layer...
Tibo, you can go ahead and do that,...its a fair trade, you insult me, and i give you the go ahead on bad advice...

Tibo 06-20-2007 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by z zaniac (Post 3367559)
Tibo,
nanowax has carnauba in it...it does not dissolve anything....
btw, a sealent is best used directly on a clearcloat or paint layer, not on top of a carnauba layer...
Tibo, you can go ahead and do that,...its a fair trade, you insult me, and i give you the go ahead on bad advice...

You missed the part where I said that I called Eagle One. This is what they told me.
And I guess that I missed the part where I insulted you.

rwdtech 06-21-2007 11:32 AM

oh god i hated nano wax. it felt so greasy and left a greasy residue. its the worst wax ive ever bought. it had about the same results as your average turtle wax

IROCThe5.7L 06-21-2007 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by rwdtech (Post 3377030)
oh god i hated nano wax. it felt so greasy and left a greasy residue. its the worst wax ive ever bought. it had about the same results as your average turtle wax

It's interesting how some people have success with products and some don't. I also had the same result but I was using Gold Class. I'll never use it again. Although I hear they made a new "formula" for it.

RocsRose86 06-21-2007 09:52 PM

3 Attachment(s)
These sre the products that I use normally on everyday cars. I also have some glaze called liquid glass also made by auto magic.

The hood below has only been compounded, not yet glazed just wanted to show how well the compound I use works.

RocsRose86 06-21-2007 10:06 PM

2 Attachment(s)
They usaully come out more like this when they are done. The pics are not that great they r of my camera fone.

Red Vette(Stingray) 1975 Another of my projects! (4-sale)

Black Vette(l-48) 1979 LIL BROTHERS!!