Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   Auto Detailing and Appearance (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/auto-detailing-appearance/)
-   -   Got inspired for painting my Formula (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/auto-detailing-appearance/372863-got-inspired-painting-my.html)

WSM027 06-23-2006 01:45 AM

Got inspired for painting my Formula

1 Attachment(s)
Okay. Need some imagination to help me out here guys. I'm not much of an artist on the computer and couldn't get it much better than this. Therefore, think of it more as a paint scheme rather than how crappy I am with Microsoft Paint. What do you think? Basically two-tone black on silver (I know it looks grey) with yellow pinstriping seperating the two..... I would add the Sail panel birds back (silver bird on black, trimmed yellow) and the nose bird (black bird on silver, trimmed yellow) Sound cool? Or crazy...

I really dig Jekyl and Hyde's ride, which is what has inspired me to go this route.

If you like the idea, but not the color, make a suggestion. Sticking w/the black on top, but might change the bottom. Thanks for your opinions

Attachment 120762

Faded 06-23-2006 01:56 AM

If it were me I'd go with a monochrome paint scheme. But that's just me. :nod:

87CIZ 06-23-2006 02:04 AM

you might want to throw this in the photoshop request forum. If you upload an original picture of your car someone might try some of your ideas for you. I'm new to photoshop (2 days going strong) but i'll give it a try if you upload the original

WSM027 06-23-2006 03:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by 87CIZ
you might want to throw this in the photoshop request forum. If you upload an original picture of your car someone might try some of your ideas for you. I'm new to photoshop (2 days going strong) but i'll give it a try if you upload the original

Here is the original. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Attachment 120776

87CIZ 06-23-2006 04:30 AM

no picture there...

d_johnsen 06-23-2006 05:16 AM

what about something more like the 2 tone paint scheme on KARR on the episode kitt vs karr on our favorite 80's show knight rider LOL ill get a pic for u if u want

WSM027 06-23-2006 11:22 AM

no picture there...

Oops! Don't know what happened. :huh: It's up there now.

WSM027 06-23-2006 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by d_johnsen
what about something more like the 2 tone paint scheme on KARR

If I remember right, it's two-tone paint job more split the car in half rather than at the top of the door. (why do I know this.....) Anyway, not the look I am looking for. Thanks for the suggestion though.

87CIZ 06-23-2006 01:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
this is about as good as i can do like i said 2 days into it and it's my first stripe haha it's awful but you get the idea. also i dont know how to make silver!

johnnyq5021 06-23-2006 08:59 PM

thats definetely a bad a** paint scheme...i plan to paint my ta the same minust the yellow....
check this thread out
https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/body...e-pick-my.html

robmonte 06-23-2006 09:16 PM

how about insead of the yellow a lighter shade of silver that matches the rims
just as a fine pinstripe

rwdtech 06-23-2006 09:19 PM

i really think that 2 tone will look badass

Stevo 06-23-2006 09:53 PM

Thats a great paint scheme to start with. Id have it re-shot the same...i really like that a lot.

WSM027 06-24-2006 02:33 AM

this is about as good as i can do like i said 2 days into it and it's my first stripe haha it's awful but you get the idea. also i dont know how to make silver!

Looks AWESOME man. Thanks. I put it on the Photoshop forum, and no one has even bothered to post. Lots of viewers, but no posts. Thanks a lot man. YOU ROCK. :thumbsup:

I'm absolutely going w/this paint scheme.....little less dramatic on the yellow though.

Thanks for all the pos. feedback from everyone else 2.

:burnout: