Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   Auto Detailing and Appearance (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/auto-detailing-appearance/)
-   -   Formula rims on a Camaro? (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/auto-detailing-appearance/387080-formula-rims-camaro.html)

92RS(real slow) 09-11-2006 11:22 PM

Formula rims on a Camaro?

Yes I have searched but I came up with nothing:huh: Anyways been looking for a set of winter rims/tires, and have come across a set of really nice turbocast formula's in the junkyard, and I wondered if anyone had any pics of them on a camaro im just curious as to what it would look like:thanks:

rwdtech 09-12-2006 01:08 AM

i would avoid driving it during an Indiana winter....the last thing you will be worried about are your wheels. keep an eye out for underbody rust.

have fun getting around with the 350TPI in the winter!!! i wish u luck lol

The Freak 09-12-2006 02:31 AM

I agree about the underbody rust, its the same in illinois.. THEY SUCK!
FOR WINTER:
Underbody rust= :(!!! but the spinning and all that :nod: the best!!!!

Originally Posted by rwdtech (Post 3057379)
i would avoid driving it during an Indiana winter....the last thing you will be worried about are your wheels. keep an eye out for underbody rust.

have fun getting around with the 350TPI in the winter!!! i wish u luck lol

92RS(real slow) 09-12-2006 11:10 AM

Believe me I DO NOT WANT TO DRIVE IT IN THE WINTER its the only choice I have though:gocrazy: my parents are stupid and say we have to many cars now and they wont let me get a winter beater long story:blah: I wanted to keep my old RS to drive in the winter but oh yeah they made me get rid of that too my choice was get rid of it or move out:eek:

formula forever 09-12-2006 11:27 AM

I have 4 formula 16in rims im trying to sell. let me know if you want them:)

rwdtech 09-12-2006 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by 92RS(real slow) (Post 3057658)
Believe me I DO NOT WANT TO DRIVE IT IN THE WINTER its the only choice I have though:gocrazy: my parents are stupid and say we have to many cars now and they wont let me get a winter beater long story:blah: I wanted to keep my old RS to drive in the winter but oh yeah they made me get rid of that too my choice was get rid of it or move out:eek:

i feel you man, im in the same situation. parents dont want me to get a beater cause there would be "too many cars in the driveway" yeah yeah whatever. luckily i fix my dads POS jeep whenever it breaks so he lets me drive it. as soon as i get my 383 im outta here though :D

The Freak 09-12-2006 07:17 PM

THAT SUCKS!! My parents says i got to much cars but hey it aint stopping me :) they even threatened to kick me out five cars ago :) hahaha Sorry guys, hope it goes all well with both of your plans..
92rs, put sand in a garbage bag and throw let say around 3 bags in the trunk, it helps quite alot :) and wash under the car at times at those POS carwash it helps Tons, just throwing thoughts..

Originally Posted by 92RS(real slow) (Post 3057658)

Originally Posted by rwdtech (Post 3057761)
i feel you man, im in the same situation. parents dont want me to get a beater cause there would be "too many cars in the driveway" yeah yeah whatever. luckily i fix my dads POS jeep whenever it breaks so he lets me drive it. as soon as i get my 383 im outta here though :D

92RS(real slow) 09-12-2006 09:30 PM

Hey freak good advice we dont actually have any more room for cars though we already have 5 in our driveway also thats wierd we both have a 89 IROC, and I had a 92 RS, anyone have any pics?

The Freak 09-13-2006 02:09 AM

lol only opposite we have was that my iroc was sold and i still got my 92 ;)

But i found the best thing beside the formula rim, is a 93-98 chev camaro rims its somewhat winterworth?
eBay Motors: Chevy 93 94 95 96 CAMARO rims wheels SET of 4 caps 10 s (item 250016916387 end time Oct-08-06 14:01:56 PDT)

:)

Originally Posted by 92RS(real slow) (Post 3058424)
Hey freak good advice we dont actually have any more room for cars though we already have 5 in our driveway also thats wierd we both have a 89 IROC, and I had a 92 RS, anyone have any pics?

Poject '86 09-13-2006 11:47 AM

Ouch, those rims look rough. Why not go with black Corvette Ralley rims? I know a lot of people dont like them, but for winter rims, I think they'd be good enough if you can find them at a good price. Just paint them black and you're on your way.

92RS(real slow) 09-13-2006 09:19 PM

Id have to run spacers for both of those, and I don't want to mess with spacers I just want a set of thrid gen rims I can get cheap:nod: