Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   Auto Detailing and Appearance (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/auto-detailing-appearance/)
-   -   Anyone ever used these Air Fresheners? (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/auto-detailing-appearance/676026-anyone-ever-used-these.html)

calgutie 03-22-2013 06:44 PM

Anyone ever used these Air Fresheners?

1 Attachment(s)
Alright so I picked these up @ my local walmart for about $3 each...I bough 2 of them...They have a masculine cologne smell to them..Just wanted to see if any of you guys have ever used these before.....and if any of you guys got any tips on as to how I can get the most out of these Gel style fragrance...

UNCLE TOM 03-22-2013 07:18 PM

Re: Anyone ever used these Air Fresheners?

i don't know about those . i will pass on a bad experience i had with air freshners . i bought my first 3rd gen from my neighbor when i lived in key largo , fl. . it was just a play car for them , not driven much . wife put in a vanilla air freshner , car stayed fully closed for a couple of months . (florida keys sun/heat baked) when i bought it from them i could only drive it with "T" tops off & windows down . (not a bad thing in the florida keys) it was just overpowering till the scent faded . just be careful with those things , good luck .

calgutie 03-22-2013 07:58 PM

dang....vanilla I cant imagine that........but as for this smell i like it...even in a hot baking sun...personally.

FireDemonSiC 03-22-2013 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by calgutie (Post 5519308)
Alright so I picked these up @ my local walmart for about $3 each...I bough 2 of them...They have a masculine cologne smell to them..Just wanted to see if any of you guys have ever used these before.....and if any of you guys got any tips on as to how I can get the most out of these Gel style fragrance...

This is personally my favorite scent to use in my car. I haven't tried the jar yet but from personal experience the sticks and cards do not last very long and that's my only complaint. I'll give the jar a try next.

t-top havoc 03-22-2013 09:57 PM

I put 1 under the passenger seat in another car.
If you want strong scent, pull the seal completely off..

For lighter scent expose a lil bit at a time as it dries out..

Put it on a rag or somen newspaper so if it tips over & leaks its easier to clean.

midnightfirews6 03-22-2013 10:13 PM

My buddy had one of those in his old Foxbody, the Primal Impulse one, I believe. Kind of reminded me of Monster Energy for some reason? Not bad.

I tend to like the Raspberry scented cones you can get from Wal-Mart for like 80-something cents, I change them out regularly in my Toyota since the previous owner smoked in it. :(

The best air freshener scent out there though (IMO) is squash or squash blossom. You can usually find it in the little California Scents cans. It's kind of hard to find on the shelf, but I hear other companies make the scent too and you can buy it online. I generally pick one up whenever I magically happen to come across it for the T/A.

calgutie 03-22-2013 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by FireDemonSiC (Post 5519388)
This is personally my favorite scent to use in my car. I haven't tried the jar yet but from personal experience the sticks and cards do not last very long and that's my only complaint. I'll give the jar a try next.

the "jar" IMO is so far the best one because everything else seems to wear off easily...

LSJuan0068 03-23-2013 12:33 AM

Pick up the Febreze car vent clips.

http://thedirtytshirt.com/wp-content...arproducts.jpg

Ran them in my GTP and now in my 83. I have one on the Vents hitting the windshield and one in the passenger vent. Car smells amazing. They dont last long fyi.

FireDemonSiC 03-23-2013 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by LSJuan0068 (Post 5519487)
Pick up the Febreze car vent clips.

http://thedirtytshirt.com/wp-content...arproducts.jpg

Ran them in my GTP and now in my 83. I have one on the Vents hitting the windshield and one in the passenger vent. Car smells amazing. They dont last long fyi.

Midnight storm is the best.

W.E.G. 03-23-2013 06:52 AM

Anything to cover up the smell of the mold caused by the water leak eh?

calgutie 03-23-2013 01:31 PM

jaja I got the moldi smell as well under my carpets...ewww...I hate it...Ive tried those febreese things and wasnt very fond of them....didnt get that strong smell I wanted like with these gel jars.

Johnny Blaze 03-23-2013 01:36 PM

Baking Soda

calgutie 03-23-2013 01:44 PM

ima try it out.

W.E.G. 03-23-2013 02:15 PM

Vicks Vapo-Rub in place of hair-gel

Johnny Blaze 03-23-2013 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by W.E.G. (Post 5519788)
Vicks Vapo-Rub in place of hair-gel

Say what?