Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   Auto Detailing and Appearance (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/auto-detailing-appearance/)
-   -   Another Louver thread- 25 degree (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/auto-detailing-appearance/726083-another-louver-thread-25-a.html)

Kennerz 11-01-2015 11:45 PM

Another Louver thread- 25 degree

3 Attachment(s)
Here is some shots of the Camaro louvers.com 25 degree louvers from Kerry up north. They really do look almost factory. As a mod and cutting the hood it kinda maxed out my skill, because outside of detailing/buffing I'm not the best at bodywork. They turned out pretty well IMHO and the instructions were enough guidance to get a solid result. Impressed that Kerry came up with this mod, most stuff like this looks horrible, but these are works of art. Happy with the product & adds a custom look without being overkill. Enjoy the pics.

thirdchance 11-02-2015 12:42 AM

Re: Another Louver thread- 25 degree

Hi Kennerz: those are good looking open louvers. What shape did you cut the hood holes? Just follow the shape of the inner panel openings?

Kennerz 11-02-2015 10:58 PM

They came with a template- I cut inside the line a bit. I just left a little extra meat cause I was scared. I used a 3" pneumatic air cut off wheel & was super careful & taped off the hood with painters tape.

omnipotentgoku 11-25-2015 01:27 PM

That looks nice , hope those things aer available once I get to that stage in my build

91z28 98ta 12-29-2020 04:07 AM

Originally Posted by Kennerz (Post 5976384)
Here is some shots of the Camaro louvers.com 25 degree louvers from Kerry up north. They really do look almost factory. As a mod and cutting the hood it kinda maxed out my skill, because outside of detailing/buffing I'm not the best at bodywork. They turned out pretty well IMHO and the instructions were enough guidance to get a solid result. Impressed that Kerry came up with this mod, most stuff like this looks horrible, but these are works of art. Happy with the product & adds a custom look without being overkill. Enjoy the pics.

how much were they?

Kennerz 12-29-2020 06:55 PM

The guy that makes these only made a few sets (like 40 or 50), they were close to $200 I believe but are actually metal & powder coated. I think Hawks thridgen is making a similar product now.. Still happy with mine 5 years later. Good luck.

Abubaca 12-29-2020 07:39 PM

I had a set on my 89, and have another set getting ready to go on my 88. Kerry initially said it was only that first run of 40 or 50, but I think he's done several "runs" of them over that past few years. The last set I picked up for the 88 were 1 of 2 sets left for 2020, and his website shows that they're currently sold out. Camarolouvers.com

Price was closer to $400 I think, but they're well worth it. A new factory set, which of course are non-functional will cost just as much. TrackSpec makes a similar, functional louver, but there aren't as many louvers. Kerry's has 16 fins just like factory. The others only have 14. Might not matter to some. The big difference in my opinion is that Kerry's fins tilt UP out from the hood, the competitor tilts down, into the engine bay. Likely not a huge issue for fit or function, but man, they sure don't look as good.

Kennerz 12-29-2020 07:50 PM

Your memory is better than mine, I thought the 1st set's were cheaper, but you are probably correct. Agree that Kerry's are really pretty nice aesthetically speaking. Abubaca you are a true enthusiast/die hard thridgen lover.