Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   Auto Detailing and Appearance (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/auto-detailing-appearance/)
-   -   Pastrana in a 3rd gen... With a 2nd gen nose. (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/auto-detailing-appearance/759011-pastrana-3rd-gen-2nd.html)

WTR388 02-10-2019 02:02 PM

Pastrana in a 3rd gen... With a 2nd gen nose.

Watch the whole deal as it's obviously entertaining with the Pastrana crew running at 24hr or lemons.
Right around the 14 minute mark he hops in a 3rd gen firebird with a 77 front end on it.

Also, WHY DOESN'T THIS SITE HAVE A FORUM FOR GENERAL THREADS like this? Been years that people have been asking for one.

Abubaca 02-10-2019 02:42 PM

Re: Pastrana in a 3rd gen... With a 2nd gen nose.

Because the Admins, Mods, and members who've been around since real early on don't want one. They always destroy forums. You may or may not agree, but that is why. It's a thirdgen tech forum, and we want people coming here for tech. Obviously there's a lot of slack......I don't see an issue with your thread....but we don't need people coming here to discuss saltwater fish tank lighting or mountain bike shock intallation etc. etc.

Drew 02-10-2019 04:48 PM

As much as I'd like to see a General forum, because it adds to the sense of community, it attracts the wrong crowd and devolves into something negative like Youtube comments.

WTR388 02-10-2019 08:25 PM

If it stayed third gen related, shouldn't be a problem, I wasn't sure where to put this, but wanted to put it up because it was a neat looking car... Travis even said it was performing pretty good.
Not bashing this place at all, it's awesome I never would have LS swapped my car if it weren't for this place.

DynoDave43 02-10-2019 08:30 PM

Fun video. Would be a lot of fun to do that for sure.

Several other forums I'm on have "general" areas. None have been destroyed by them.

But if they don't want one here, I'm fine with that too.

charlie6178 02-11-2019 01:23 AM

Why am I not mad at the 2nd gen nose on a 3rd gen at all?! I feel like it should make me cringe, but instead it made me want to crack a coors light, grab a bag of Doritos and light a cigarette

WTR388 02-11-2019 06:20 PM

I thought it looked pretty decent. Thought it was a 2nd gen until I saw the pillars/sail panel area.

Billgluckman 02-15-2019 09:22 AM

I had another account years ago and joined around 2004, I’ve always thought this place needed a general forum.

Aviator857 02-15-2019 12:55 PM

I've often questioned if it would fit, and with the right amount of work one could make that look pretty decent. Though I'm not sure why, the Lemons race is cheap cars, the 2nd gen (especially the widows peak years) are so much more expensive than anything 3ed gen I'm not sure why you would do it for the Lemon's race... I asked if it was within the right width to do this about 10 years ago and got heavily flamed for even suggesting it :) I am a big fan of the 5th/6th camaros turned into 77-78 transam inspired conversions... almost to the point I thought about buying one. I would really like a nice Y82 trans am (the smokey/bandit car) its what I wanted when I bought the 89 formula when I was a teenager in the 90's

steve m 03-17-2019 08:26 PM

That's actually a J2000 nose [remember them? LOL]
Looks pretty good to me though. I wonder if the hood and front fenders are 3rd gen Camaro ?

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4035/...250fa8a0_b.jpg