Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   Body (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/body/)
-   -   do i have to change hatch? (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/body/645242-do-i-have-change.html)

bbsr72 03-16-2012 08:15 AM

do i have to change hatch?

got ticket for unsafe vehicle cuz rear spoiler blew apart going down highway. only had 2 small cracks, guess wind caught it just right. so any way jy has two 91 firebirds w reg. looking spoilers for 20bux. cheapest, i found one that was on it, was 350bux! can i make reg. spoiler fit or jus change whole hatch?

haps 03-16-2012 09:30 AM

Re: do i have to change hatch?

:facepalm

SylusMk2 03-16-2012 10:32 AM

WHAT? im sorry dude but i have no idea what your asking.

bbsr72 03-16-2012 12:29 PM

bcuz u 2 guys have bowties thats y u dont understand wat im asking. i have 91 bird my rear spoiler way diff than ur cars!

Patrick Day 03-16-2012 02:03 PM

Are you talking about the wrap around spoiler? if so then no you don't have to change the rear hatch.. even if its the wing type spoiler all you would need to change is the deck lid.
And if you found 2 wrap around spoilers for $20. each then I'd by both of them and sell the other one here or ebay for $80 or so.

BlackenedBird 03-16-2012 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by bbsr72 (Post 5214208)
bcuz u 2 guys have bowties thats y u dont understand wat im asking. i have 91 bird my rear spoiler way diff than ur cars!

Learn proper English then come back & try asking again, then you can be understood. We are adults here, not phone IM speaking pre-teens.

1985WS6TA 03-16-2012 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by BlackenedBird (Post 5214310)
Learn proper English then come back & try asking again, then you can be understood. We are adults here, not phone IM speaking pre-teens.

This^^^^

I've posted on at least 5 threads in the last week for people that not only can't type worth a sh*t but can't be descriptive when asking a question about something. Be thorough, spell correctly, use proper punctuation, etc etc. I know this is the internet and not a college essay but it's seriously annoying!

SylusMk2 03-16-2012 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by BlackenedBird (Post 5214310)

That's exactly what I was saying..... I knew what he was talking about but the way he asked...

BlackenedBird 03-16-2012 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by SylusMk2 (Post 5214356)
That's exactly what I was saying..... I knew what he was talking about but the way he asked...

Yeah. I know what he's asking & I have an answer for him, but that kind of typing really annoys me. Typos, we are all guilty of. That kind of typing there is no excuse for other than laziness. His attitude toward the Camaro owners wasn't appropriate either.

I have an '02 wing on my 87, so I know a bit about swapping wings that "don't fit" onto other cars.

Ron U.S.M.C. 03-16-2012 04:08 PM

This is not implying that you have a problem spelling ,but is for some of us that may need/want it.
I have had trouble spelling some of the words I have used. I typed the words "Google tool bar" into my search engine and downloaded it to my computer .A small bar is placed at the top of your page while typing . When you are done you simply click "spell check" in the Google tool bar and it will show you what words are misspelled and offer a suggestion on the correct spelling.Just click on the correct spelling and your done. Its not a hundred percent but makes typing so much nicer.It also helps with a few other aspects but the main one is spelling.

DeltaElite121 03-16-2012 05:38 PM

Okay, I call BS. Gateway salvage did NOT ask that kind of money for a spoiler. I see them all the time there, so I have no idea where you're going. They'll probably charge you $60 for a decent spoiler, and there's a pissload of F-bodies in that yard.