Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   Body (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/body/)
-   -   Firebird Rear Ended (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/body/677852-firebird-rear-ended.html)

Dark Ember 04-12-2013 07:42 PM

Firebird Rear Ended

Firebird got rear ended a little while ago. I opened a claim with their insurance company, state farm. Damage is pretty minor, nothing a new paint job wont fix, and some minor tweaking of the hatch motor assembly.The keyhole is no longer centered in the plastic screaming chicken plaque thing. Speaking of that plaque thing, what is that called anyway? I am trying to get a parts list going for the body shop. It has been my experience that those guys dont look very hard and may just say they no longer make the part. Anyway without knowing what the heck that thing is called, I cant find a replacement.
TIA, Rodney.

red rock 04-12-2013 07:47 PM

Re: Firebird Rear Ended

Screaming chicken plaque thing, that's what it's called.:lmao: I'm sorry. i just had to say something, (being the smart@$$ that i am) I hope someone can tell us, because i'm curious now.

T/Aperformance 04-13-2013 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by Dark Ember (Post 5536821)
Firebird got rear ended a little while ago. I opened a claim with their insurance company, state farm. Damage is pretty minor, nothing a new paint job wont fix, and some minor tweaking of the hatch motor assembly.The keyhole is no longer centered in the plastic screaming chicken plaque thing. Speaking of that plaque thing, what is that called anyway? I am trying to get a parts list going for the body shop. It has been my experience that those guys dont look very hard and may just say they no longer make the part. Anyway without knowing what the heck that thing is called, I cant find a replacement.
TIA, Rodney.

Its called the taillight center filler panel , And it can be bought for around $50. used, And one last thing it is not nice to cal the firebird emblem a screaming chicken, I can see a camaro guy doing that as they do not know better But someone who own a firebird should never degrade there own car like that.

WhiteBlaze 04-13-2013 06:34 AM

I've always have heard it refered to as a screaming chicken. I'm a Firebird guy and I'm no where near offended.

Dark Ember 04-13-2013 05:19 PM

I definetly meant no disrespect to the firebird, seeing as how I own one. I have heard it eagle and chicken. I always thought chicken rolled off the tongue better, but I can see how it could be demeaning. I'll be more careful about that in the future.

TTOP350 04-13-2013 06:43 PM

Nothing wrong with calling it a screaming chicken, unless your in the bathroom by yourself enjoying a lil private time.
Heck, thats not even that bad.....

sailtexas186548 04-13-2013 08:46 PM

SCREAMING CHICKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hope you get it fixed up right dude, good luck!

2007xl50 04-14-2013 10:03 AM

I need a new screaming chicken LOL mine is kind warped, but I have never found a good on in a yard, I don't get it, my taillights are perfect, but the center filler is warped, sorry to hear about the wreck, but sounds like it's getting taken care of

beths91camaro 04-14-2013 11:14 AM

I have a very nice screaming chicken thing! LOL!
It's up for sale off the 89 Formula we're parting out.