Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   Brakes (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/brakes/)
-   -   My GTA just act like a stupid a$$ when braking... (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/brakes/263359-my-gta-just-act.html)

WaOnFiRe 10-12-2004 02:34 PM

My GTA just act like a stupid a$$ when braking...

The front brakes on the passenger side seems to stay stuck sometimes and I don't know why.

Sometimes the car goes to the right very hard when I'm just cruising, sometimes it's okay...

Yesterday, I was driving in the streets, the car was ALWAYS pulling, and suddenly, I tought one the the tire blows or something. I pull to the side, nothing except that the passenger side wheel is very, very hot!

What do you guys think is the problem? The owner before me said he replaced the caliper on this side because the car pulled to one side and he also replaced de brake pump (with a used one).

Is it the brake hose? Or something else?

I don't drive my car anymore, it's no fun... It pulls when I drive normally, it also pulls when I brake... :(

fireturd350 10-12-2004 02:48 PM

Similar thing happened to me I always had a bad pull under braking to the passenger side and even while cruisin. Then one day the side decided to lock up on me luckly I was at a stop sign so I noticed it right away. Turned out my lines were really old and the OEM rubber pinched.

I would say that would be a good start for the problem. I since went to a set of stainless braided lines and they carry a lot more pressure... I should have done that as soon as I got the car anyways.

JamesC 10-12-2004 03:04 PM

Check the driver's side.

JamesC

RB83L69 10-12-2004 03:05 PM

It is the rubber line.

They rust on the inside, and eventually get to where the fluid can't escape back out of the caliper when you take your foot off the brakes. So the car pulls toward the side with the good line when you use the brakes, then pulls toward the bad side when you let off of them.

The stainless-braided lines from Earl's are the way to go.

WaOnFiRe 10-12-2004 03:12 PM

So you guys are pretty sure it's only the hoses? If I buy UAP/NAPA ones, will they be okay for a couple of years?

Some people around here say it's pretty unlikely that the problem are the hoses. They say it's rare. But it can do happen. Maybe it is more often on our cars.

I trust you more than the mechanics arounds here, they know nothing about our cars...

If anyone alese have anything to say, don't be shy. :)

fireturd350 10-12-2004 03:44 PM

Yeah, you can do a regular replacement or look into some braided ones. Braided have some advantages since they don't expand as much, so you'll get a little better pressure which mean quicker stops (hopefully).

It's fairly common on cars for the OEM rubber lines to fail. If you search for it you'll found countless members that have had problems with them.

305Tiger 10-12-2004 04:14 PM

yay!...

:D :lala: Hey guys(and ladies), thanks for posting this topic. I know it was'nt "meant" to be posted, b/c I know sh1t happens and thats why we post things, any ways....It just reminded me what I'll probably be doing to the OEM brakes in my 87 T/A before November....taking them the hell out!
-G

Zepher 10-13-2004 09:10 PM

Caliper may be seized as well. I'd check the hard lines as well.