Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   Canadian Region (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/canadian-region/)
-   -   anyone from NS, NB or PEI?? (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/canadian-region/210782-anyone-ns-nb-pei.html)

jcurrieirocz 11-17-2003 01:42 PM

anyone from NS, NB or PEI??

Hey guys anyone here from the atlantic prov.???

Petes 84Z28 11-17-2003 04:52 PM

:waveman:
I'm in southern NB, about halfway between Fredericton and Moncton.
There are at least four others from NB that I can think off the top of my head.

Pete

Camaro1991RS 11-18-2003 08:32 PM

Miramichi,NB here

JimmyG-91Z 11-19-2003 07:31 PM

I'm from NS, about 30 mins east of Halifax. There are a couple others from here as well, but not many.
We are the few, we are the proud.......dammit thats an american saying

Joe_L 11-19-2003 07:37 PM

NS boy here. I live in Truro, thats an hour north of Halifax.

jcurrieirocz 11-22-2003 01:32 PM

sweet!!! theres more here then i thought. Cool
Any of you go to the moncton car show in the spring..i go see it everyyear,,someday ill put the iroc in it hopefully.

Joe_L 11-23-2003 08:59 AM

I have never been to a moncton car show ever. I almost went for the Dennis gage one last year, and I forgot which weekend it was.

If we keep in contact for the one is moncton this year we could all meet up there or something. Maybe head back to your home territory and hit Oster Bed.

I go to a local car show in Debert every year. Its a 25 year and older car show. Its pretty good usually 600 + cars there.

Petes 84Z28 11-23-2003 04:10 PM

I wasn't able to make it last year; my Camaro was totalled in an accident the weekend before, and I was barely able to move then.
Keep watching Speed Sport East for the show dates, as they haven't been announced yet for 2004, but will most likely be the last weekend in April.
Hopefully I can get to the Miramichi and race next year with the Formula, and see if it does as well as the SC did with the ole LG4:cool:

Pete

jcurrieirocz 11-25-2003 12:35 PM

Originally posted by Joe_L
I have never been to a moncton car show ever. I almost went for the Dennis gage one last year, and I forgot which weekend it was.

If we keep in contact for the one is moncton this year we could all meet up there or something. Maybe head back to your home territory and hit Oster Bed.

I go to a local car show in Debert every year. Its a 25 year and older car show. Its pretty good usually 600 + cars there.

Cool idea but oysterbed dosent open till may run weekend and thats like in late may and i think the grudge matches open later then that. I useally get the camaro on the road a few weeks before the carshow.
Ill probley be there...sometimes a bunch of us rent a room and make a weekend out of it and chase back some caned beers :D. I wont no whats happening this year untill just before the show,, Moneys always tight when putting the camaro back on the road. Hopefully ill go again this spring even tho ive seen most of the cars there year after year. Its the tradition now.

What do you drive joe?? im sure youll bet my lg4 anyhow haha.

kevin arnold 11-28-2003 06:43 PM

hey guys kevin in lake echo here. jimmy 91 z, what color is your car? is it red? i thought i was alone surfing these fourms. have a nice day and rock on

masseyiroc 11-28-2003 07:20 PM

Bridgewater,NovaScotia here

neonracer 12-02-2003 09:03 AM

I am from PEI, well I got a cottage in South Rustico. I am about 5 mins from the drag strip.

JimmyG-91Z 12-05-2003 06:32 PM

Originally posted by kevin arnold
hey guys kevin in lake echo here. jimmy 91 z, what color is your car? is it red? i thought i was alone surfing these fourms. have a nice day and rock on
Yup my 91Z is red, I'm just down the road from you I live in Porters Lake.

JimmyG-91Z 12-05-2003 06:37 PM

Oh I think I know you now Kevin, Black with gold T/A right? I work at the Irving in Musqudoboit

kevin arnold 12-06-2003 05:24 PM

how are things going at the irving? any new mods to your camaro? i still haven't taken out the lowering springs, are you still intersted in buying them? or trade? my ta is still somewhat under construction. just waiting on body work and paint. bye for now say hi to scott for me.

JimmyG-91Z 12-06-2003 07:57 PM

THe Irving is boring as ever but at least I have a place to work on my car with a lift hehe, I think the only mods since last you saw my car was subframe connectors. And my car won't be on the road for quite some time, I'm hoping to do some restoration on it so I won't have money for springs for a long time sorry.

jcurrieirocz 12-08-2003 02:20 PM

Originally posted by neonracer
I am from PEI, well I got a cottage in South Rustico. I am about 5 mins from the drag strip.
Hey welcome to the board...ever see my car ripping around out there?? Do you or did you ever have a 3rdgen?? Im not sure if id regognize your neon..got any pics?

neonracer 12-08-2003 04:38 PM

Originally posted by jcurrieirocz
Hey welcome to the board...ever see my car ripping around out there?? Do you or did you ever have a 3rdgen?? Im not sure if id regognize your neon..got any pics?
No I've never had a 3rd but I am planning to get one, Yes i've seen your car. This summer I will be running the Neon at the track:D

BOTLFED 01-02-2004 11:29 AM

Saint John NB here.. None of my friends browse this board tho.

http://camaro.ath.cx/cruise/july01/cc5.jpg

http://camaro.ath.cx/cruise/july01/cc6.jpg

Cheers,

camarors_guy 01-07-2004 04:28 PM

I'm just below Hubbards, N.S. Which basically puts me 45 minutes from Halifax, and about 40 minutes from Bridgewater. So pretty much right in the middle.

jcurrieirocz 01-14-2004 06:14 PM

Right on guys looks like theres way more on here then i thought of......

BOTLFED- you got some cool pics there.

For anyone thats intersted or keeping up with camaro car shows and cruises heres a site i found some of you may be intersted in.....

http://www.maritimecamaroclub.com/

they have a car show everyyear if you didnt know and im pretty sure all fbodys are welcome,,last yr (2003) car show was held in Halifax in early June.

no_car_yet 01-18-2004 08:13 PM

hey don't forget the other atlantic province, NF. iam from there. there are several other from there as well at least 5.

jcurrieirocz 01-25-2004 10:37 PM

Originally posted by no_car_yet
hey don't forget the other atlantic province, NF. iam from there. there are several other from there as well at least 5.
yah i know of a couple.

Petes 84Z28 01-26-2004 12:56 AM

Dates announced for Moncton Car Show!

www.speedsporteast.com

The rest of the site is still under construction, though...

Rylos 01-29-2004 10:47 AM

84 TA in Dartmouth

Just touch base from frostie Dartmouth. I have an 84 TA almost
fully restored. Need a T5 and Diff. But ya know the cost of things in the great white north make it a slow process!

I didn't know that there were any other maritimers on this board!
Its good to see and network for parts!

jcurrieirocz 01-29-2004 06:41 PM

Re: 84 TA in Dartmouth

Originally posted by Rylos
fully restored. Need a T5 and Diff. But ya know the cost of things in the great white north make it a slow process!

It souldnt be too hard to find a t5...no? If yah need any parts let me know i may beable to hook yah up, but i mostly can get some camaro stuff. I know of a hole 83 or 84 Z28 not running and need a tranny rebuild with a LG4 and a T5 in it for like 500bucks...but hopefull If i have some extra cash someday i buy it swap the guts out of my car into it and fix it up and drive it for a bit then sell then use the $ to put a 350 in mine or somekind of swap.

Joe_L 02-03-2004 07:35 PM

Re: 84 TA in Dartmouth

Originally posted by Rylos

You've got PM

jcurrieirocz 02-11-2004 10:05 AM

For anyone thats intersted or keeping up with camaro car shows and cruises heres a site i found some of you may be intersted in.....

http://www.maritimecamaroclub.com/

they have a car show everyyear if you didnt know and im pretty sure all fbodys are welcome,,last yr (2003) car show was held in Halifax in early June.

Good news everyone the 2004 Camaro/firebird car show (this yr they are makeing a weekend out of it) has been set in motion......go cheack it out at the above link..heres a little info on it:

Camaro Weekend
11th Annual All Camaro/Firebird Show
Saturday, JUNE 19 TH , 2004 (10:00 AM- 3:00 PM)
Presented by the Maritime Camaro Club
To be held at:
Canadian Tire Parking Lot - Bridgewater, Nova Scotia
This will be a fun event for ALL Camaros and Firebirds: old and new, project cars, daily
drivers and show cars. You decide how you want to participate

So are any of you ganna go??

masseyiroc 02-11-2004 04:33 PM

ill be there thats the town i live in.

camarors_guy 02-11-2004 06:27 PM

I don't live very far from Bridgewater (as I mentioned above) so I'll be there, as long as my Camaro is done by then.

Joe_L 02-12-2004 07:00 AM

So are any of you ganna go??

I am off to look at a car tonight. If that doesn't work out as long as I have a car before then I will be there for sure. Infact I have talked to the camaro club manager a little (thru email). I want to join there chapter if I get a car and help out on the website some. I would love to get a network of classified adds going on their site... just a thought.

JimmyG-91Z 02-12-2004 03:58 PM

June 19th eh??.....My car might be back together by then, if so then hell yes!....if not then I'll drive up insomething else haha

jcurrieirocz 02-13-2004 12:21 AM

Originally posted by Joe_L
I would love to get a network of classified adds going on their site... just a thought.
Id have stuff to put on it....

yah cool man good luck with the car. Later

Joe_L 02-15-2004 03:11 PM

yah cool man good luck with the car. Later

The car fell through. I called him, got directions, drove down an hour and 20 minutes. Got there, and there are 3 guys standing in the yard. At first I thought maybe they were his buddy's trying to get the car running. But the guy turns and says "are you here to look at the car", I said yes, and he says just sold it. A little pissed, I stayed looked at the car, confronted the idiot who sold it, because he wasted my time and left.

Well I will continue my hunt. All this means is I will have more money to fix, and modify when the car comes in.

Joe_L 02-21-2004 09:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Off topic.

How is everyone faring the storm?

My apartment

JimmyG-91Z 02-21-2004 10:20 AM

Except for the not being able to drive anywhere, I'm loving the Storm, it's not everyday I can do backflips off my roof and not worry about killing myself. I wish I had a digicam to takes pics of it all though. Work is gonna be fun, no one is gonna be coming in, so it's snowball fights all night long Muhahahaha

jcurrieirocz 02-21-2004 10:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
yah we had no plows on our road for 2 full days.... theres about 3 feet drop from our roof line to the nearest snow bank,,,,,my dad lost his car totaly, you can see the rear of the trunk lid in this pic...its a camary for those who cant read it hahah......

jcurrieirocz 02-21-2004 11:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
heres the bank beside our garage...where my roc is hiding from all this mess.......

jcurrieirocz 02-21-2004 11:12 AM

heres the side of our house...mind you thats about 6-7feet snow bank infront of the house and about 4feet on the roof in the deepest spots....i spent 2hrs just shoveling half of the snow of only one side, and yah jumping off the roof is fun....thats when you can pratice your top rope frogsplashes and elbow drops hahah.

jcurrieirocz 02-21-2004 11:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
opps heres that last pic...

87ROCZ 02-27-2004 07:43 PM

Newfoundland Here!

Hey boys and girls... St. John's Newfoundland checking in... cool a Canadian MB and more specifically an Atlantic Province section

There are many F-Bods over here... check us out...

Newfoundland F Body Association

Who else is from the rock, anybody else from the Avalon Pen? We meet Thursday and Sunday nights in the summer at Tim Horton's in Paradise....

Couple of pics... better pics coming in the summer of 2004!!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...b/fc9308ab.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...b/fc9303bd.jpg

http://images.cardomain.com/member_i...45_13_full.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...a/fc92fc65.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...e/fc92fc64.jpg

jcurrieirocz 02-27-2004 08:31 PM

Originally posted by masseyiroc
ill be there thats the town i live in.
cool s#@t another iroc.......got any pics or site.... man that engine will kill mine...
you putting your car in it????
jeff

masseyiroc 02-28-2004 04:32 PM

yeah im putting my car in the show. i got lots of pic but i cant seem to make them small enough to post.lol. just got the engine going again, new roller cam and some 2.05 valves. too bad qcracway is closed

jcurrieirocz 03-03-2004 10:57 PM

Originally posted by masseyiroc
yeah im putting my car in the show. i got lots of pic but i cant seem to make them small enough to post.lol. just got the engine going again, new roller cam and some 2.05 valves. too bad qcracway is closed
oh yah dont worry...just go to cardomain.com and get a free web page upload your pics there and link them to here. Its not all that hard when you get used to it.

MTCAMARO 03-10-2004 04:00 PM

Woodstock N.B. here.How's it going Jeff?Give it a few more weeks and that snow'll take a ride.We hardly got anything here all winter.I think i've shovelled my driveway a total of 3 times.That Camaro show looks interesting,i've been looking for an opertunity to hook up with some of you guys that i've met on the boards like you and petez28,(Hey Pete!)Maybe if i make it to the Island this year,i'll talk the wife into letting me bring the Camaro and meet up somewhere.(Did they ever fix the drive-in at Brackly beach?)

Petes 84Z28 03-10-2004 05:58 PM

Hey Mike!
About time you showed up :p

MTCAMARO 03-11-2004 06:38 PM

I stumbled in here by accident,i normally don't go this far south on third-gen.I just happened to spot jcurrie's name on the thread and was curious.He's got a hellava cardomain site and talked me into getting my own page a few months ago.(www.members.cardomain.com/coupe86, if your want to check it out)it'll give you a better look at my car than the pics i sent you..How's the Formula running by the way?

MTCAMARO 03-11-2004 06:50 PM

I stumbled in here by accident,i normally don't go this far south on third-gen.I just happened to spot jcurrie's name on the thread and was curious.He's got a hellava cardomain site and talked me into getting my own page a few months ago.(www.members.cardomain.com/coupe86, if your want to check it out)it'll give you a better look at my car than the pics i sent you..How's the Formula running by the way?

jcurrieirocz 04-16-2004 01:50 PM

thanks Mike!!!
yah last time i drove by the drive in here the screen was still gone...and there sign by the road usually says "See you in may" but this yr its blank. I hope they do fix it but who knows that was about 3weeks ago that i drove by ,,,now that the snow is almost gone maybe they will make progress if they are ganna fix it.
I "think" they have a website but i never seen it myself.
ttyl and let us know thru email if you decide to come to pei.
Later
Jeff Currie

masseyiroc 04-27-2004 08:29 AM

anyone go to the car show in monton?i hear it will be the same one in halifax this weekend.