Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   Car Audio (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/car-audio/)
-   -   How to break a cd player security code? (kenwood) (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/car-audio/212814-how-break-cd-player.html)

redbird_400 12-01-2003 11:06 AM

How to break a cd player security code? (kenwood)

Aparently when you disconnect the car battery on this kenwood stereo that I might install, it wont turn back on untill you give it the 4 character code that was given I assume from the person who fist turned it on. So you disconnect your battery and forget the code, there has to be a way past this little feature of these kinds of cd players. Does anyone know how to break the code on this kenwood or know how to break codes on anyother car cd player?

<font color=red>Kenwood KDC-515S</font>

Thanx ppl, if I find out before any replies I'll post the answer.

jcurrieirocz 12-01-2003 12:06 PM

My kenwood has the same code feature......
In my manual it says this:

"When the security code funtion is activated, the code can't be changed and the funtion can't be released"

But the thing is when i bought my cd player new the code feature is not actvated and there was no code set(but i set one now).....so if your deck has a code feature that doesnt mean its been activeted yet. If it used tho and has been set by a previous owner then youll need that code from them....or your cd player is no better then a piece of metal and plastic. As soon as you hook it up youll know if you need a code cause it will ask you right away... you cant get around it unless you guess it but the chances of that happeing are 1 in 10,000 to be exact.

Make sure your not getting riped off buying a nonworking stolen deck.

chevkid 12-01-2003 05:03 PM

My buddy had the same problem with the kenwood in the truck he bought. He took it in and they told him he had to buy a remote for it to start working. He bought one and it works, I honestly dont know how that would have to do with it but it worked. Take it to a shop and see what they say.

c45m 12-01-2003 06:02 PM

A friend of mine told me that you can call kenwood or go to a dealer and they should be able to reactivate it. They will need the serial # to look up the code. You might also need to tell them that you just bought the car and that the person you bought it from had another deck in it that he took when he sold you the car.

NEEDAZ 12-02-2003 08:02 AM

Kenwood dose have a back door for the code. Were did you get the radio? Can You provide proof of purchase? I can help you with this but you WILL NEED to be able to provide proof of purchase. Sorry but I can’t help without it. But the good news is that you can get around it. If you can’t give me proof of purchase you can contact Kenwood direct, they’re a lot looser with the rules then I can be, after all they make them. They’ll probably help you without proof of purchase. Give it a try.

Screamin'87GTA 12-02-2003 12:41 PM

What year was the kenwood manufactured... I have the instructions for most of the years.. Let me know and i can get it for you.

redbird_400 12-02-2003 11:03 PM

Bad news, I called 1800kenwood and they said to contact the nearest kw dealer or repair center and gave me a number. They want yea, proff of purchase, my ID lol and 30 bucks. I was like pff.. 30 bucks, I can just buy another used one for that much. She was like "not a Kenwood you cant" HA! I was like.. umm yes I can. So she was like.. "ramble ramble ramble" so I interupted with a accending " oh.... My G0D!" lol that made me feel better and I made a pewk sound and hung up. I gave the used kenwood back to the store I got it from and traded it in for a pioneer which sound great :) LOUD AS #@Q)(*$