Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   Car Audio (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/car-audio/)
-   -   Hidden Sub (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/car-audio/614997-hidden-sub.html)

Camaro87Z 05-20-2011 01:42 PM

Hidden Sub

2 Attachment(s)
Just finished the install, finally I have something other then highs. I'm open to improving this so all ideas welcomed, well besides moving the amps, in the process of building a mount for the spare tire area.

Thanks
Craig

BluFBdy 06-07-2011 04:23 PM

Re: Hidden Sub

i like it, im working on the same concept except im using jl's 8W3's, 2 of them to go in a small box (.6cuft) to stay underneath the rear shelves, and then building a fasad to cover it up as a false floor, im running a type r right now and i like it, but i blew out one of the voice coils and while it still hits like crazy i know i can get much more bass out of 2 8"s than the one type R, dont know if you have much experience with them in our cars but theyre power hungry, like crazy power hungry lol even after doing all my wires and running a kinetic battery my voltmeter is still bouncin like crazy

Camaro87Z 06-09-2011 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by BluFBdy (Post 4944974)
i like it, im working on the same concept except im using jl's 8W3's, 2 of them to go in a small box (.6cuft) to stay underneath the rear shelves, and then building a fasad to cover it up as a false floor, im running a type r right now and i like it, but i blew out one of the voice coils and while it still hits like crazy i know i can get much more bass out of 2 8"s than the one type R, dont know if you have much experience with them in our cars but theyre power hungry, like crazy power hungry lol even after doing all my wires and running a kinetic battery my voltmeter is still bouncin like crazy

That does sound like a great idea and like alot more work then what ive done:D, you should def. put pics up of the finished product. I just want to keep my system completely alpine all the way around. Im just glad that I dont have to make my set up look pretty with hiding wires and carpeting it, plus Ive looked and couldnt find any pics of any one using the bose deck lid to hide a sub.:doh:

evilemokid94 06-09-2011 07:42 PM

doesnt that muffle the sound?

Camaro87Z 06-09-2011 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by evilemokid94 (Post 4947072)

I havent noticed any muffling.

Al Hasse 06-09-2011 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by evilemokid94 (Post 4947072)

How could it be much different than a trunk mounted sub box behind the back seat in a non-hatchback? Bass will travel through about anything.

clean92rs 06-10-2011 01:22 PM

hey camaro where did you get the cover for your space? i want something like that to cover my p2. thanks

buell 06-10-2011 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by BluFBdy (Post 4944974)

Have a sub in my 91 s10. Use to have the same problem, put in a capacitor and doesnt budge anymore.

evilemokid94 06-10-2011 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by clean92rs (Post 4947784)
hey camaro where did you get the cover for your space? i want something like that to cover my p2. thanks

X2

Camaro87Z 06-12-2011 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by clean92rs (Post 4947784)

The deck lid came with the car, the original system in the car was the Bose option. you can find one from time to time on Ebay.