Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   Car Audio (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/car-audio/)
-   -   How to know if I have "Bose Sound System?" (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/car-audio/731130-how-know-if-i.html)

'91CamaroRS 03-29-2016 06:38 PM

How to know if I have "Bose Sound System?"

So I'm going to be buying a new stereo for my 1991 Camaro RS,and I'll be ordering it CrutchField because they include a wiring connecter pre-setup for the factory wiring. Now the website is asking if I have a Bose Sound System or not. When I go to look at the speakers in the car should I be able to see a Bose logo on the speakers or something?

ThirdGen1984 03-29-2016 07:17 PM

Re: How to know if I have "Bose Sound System?"

yes, or check the factory RPO codes

i88aGT 03-29-2016 07:31 PM

you would see bose speakers in the trunk in a deck lid cover. and the head unit looks different than the others. the front speakers are in the kickpanels on the floor by your feet, with the tape player, i know at least.

'91CamaroRS 03-29-2016 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by i88aGT (Post 6022745)
you would see bose speakers in the trunk in a deck lid cover. and the head unit looks different than the others. the front speakers are in the kickpanels on the floor by your feet, with the tape player, i know at least.

I see no speakers in the trunk or the kick panels. Mine are on top of the dash and in the side walls in the back seat. I assume this means I don't have them?

i88aGT 03-29-2016 08:52 PM

yep. so order the normal kit. if youre curious what the other looks like you can google image search iroc bose trunk. or iroc bose tape player, iroc bose cd player

jharrison5 03-29-2016 09:28 PM

The Bose systems only had speakers in the front kick panels and in the rear cargo area. There were no speakers in the dash or the rear sail panel areas and there would have been no mounting brackets in those areas either.

So go with the standard system and you'll be fine.

'91CamaroRS 03-29-2016 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by jharrison5 (Post 6022796)
The Bose systems only had speakers in the front kick panels and in the rear cargo area. There were no speakers in the dash or the rear sail panel areas and there would have been no mounting brackets in those areas either.

So go with the standard system and you'll be fine.

Ok thanks a bunch for clearing that up.

'91CamaroRS 03-29-2016 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by i88aGT (Post 6022780)
yep. so order the normal kit. if youre curious what the other looks like you can google image search iroc bose trunk. or iroc bose tape player, iroc bose cd player

Awesome man,thank you.