Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   Classified Ads Feedback Board (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/classified-ads-feedback-board/)
-   -   ALLOY = Excellence! (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/classified-ads-feedback-board/517106-alloy-excellence.html)

livewire 03-20-2009 11:57 AM

ALLOY = Excellence!

Just thought i'd throw it out there, Alloy aka Dan recently modified my T-56 tailhousing for speedo drive. Excellent service, very fast turn around time and most of all very quality work. If you are thinking about having this done you won't be disapointed.

DeanJ 06-29-2009 08:54 PM

Re: ALLOY = Excellence!

Originally Posted by livewire (Post 4087758)
Just thought i'd throw it out there, Alloy aka Dan recently modified my T-56 tailhousing for speedo drive. Excellent service, very fast turn around time and most of all very quality work. If you are thinking about having this done you won't be disapointed.

Yes, ALLOY is good people.:yup: Dean!

americanmuscle3 06-30-2009 11:12 PM

did mine too, great worksmanship and great people

Webmouth247 01-31-2011 09:12 PM

alloy is gtg.. he also did this mod to my tail shaft... work was great and the turn around time was outstanding. i recentently had some trouble with my speedo gear... he directed me in the right direction and gave me a heads up on wear to get the parts i needed... his communication is outstanding and he is just a straight up good guy that does great work and is very knowlegable.

alloy 02-21-2011 12:28 PM

.Thanks guys. I'm glad I could help with your projects.

87350IROC 06-01-2011 10:45 AM

I also recently had alloy do the conversion on my tail housing. Excellent work at a fair price. Dan is easy to work with and is genuinely interested in my project. I would do business with him again.

You can see his conversion just under the green masking tape.
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5175/...2c3fc203_b.jpg

71Corv 01-11-2013 09:28 PM

Alloy, also converted my T56 to a mechanical drive speedometer. I usually dont send money and parts to shops until I receive services, but I could tell from all of his references and after talking to him that there were going to be no issues. He followed through just as he said he would and also answered all of my questions that assisted me in my installation. I truly enjoy hot rodding because of people like Alloy.

camaro1185 01-19-2013 07:48 PM

I also had mine converted by Alloy! the quality and workmanship is second to none. I had a problem with the inner portion of my factory speedo cable being too long to go into the VSS. I PM'ed alloy at which point he focused all his effort on helping me fix the problem. He also gave me his cell number where for a few days I picked his brain and sent pictures about different things. He gave me a few ideas, but in the end the problem ended up NOT being anything on his end at all. He recommend me the correct speedo cable, it was installed and everything works great. I cant say enough good things about Alloy, his workmanship and his willingness to help out! Great guy, and great product!

musicfreako 01-19-2013 07:56 PM

If no one minds me asking, how much did this service cost? I've been contemplating a t56 swap but want to keep the cable drive to my speedo intact. Thanks!

alloy 01-19-2013 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by musicfreako (Post 5468416)
If no one minds me asking, how much did this service cost? I've been contemplating a t56 swap but want to keep the cable drive to my speedo intact. Thanks!

PM Sent to you.

884+3 01-20-2013 06:32 AM

The final product looks fantastic. For those of us not familiar with the changes, do you have some pics showing some of steps without giving away any secrets?

alloy 01-20-2013 11:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I machine the housing and epoxy in a sleeve I designed and make. My conversion uses stock gears that are readily available. I've done just over 50 of these now since I developed this in 2008. I wanted a T56 in my thirdgen but knew I needed a speedometer drive, so after much time and checking I came up with this.

I'm glad that I can help others with their projects. Its feels really good to read what others say about me and my conversion. Thanks to all of you for your kind words.

Dan

www.t56cablespeedometer.com

Attachment 355645

884+3 01-22-2013 06:35 AM

Thanks for clarifying a few things. For some reason i thought you were modifying the original opening. Now if i could figure out how to connect your mod to a Ford cable drive speedo i can start planning a t56 swap for my F-100.

Keoman 05-10-2013 01:53 PM

+1 for Alloy, fast turn around and a great guy. Really helped me out!
Thanks

http://s14.postimg.org/9fyktdpo1/IMG_3148.jpg

Ed1LE 06-04-2013 10:53 AM

I'll give Dan a bump as well, he modded my housing a few months ago. Very happy with results. Thx!