Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   Classified Ads Feedback Board (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/classified-ads-feedback-board/)
-   -   How not to deal with people igotta355z28 (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/classified-ads-feedback-board/759638-how-not-deal-people.html)

chiz420 03-13-2019 09:57 PM

How not to deal with people igotta355z28

I tried to purchase an item from the seller. I pm'd this person and it took a couple of days for their response. By then other people showed interest in the item. As most on here we want to bargain, it's the nature of selling used items... Correct? Apparently that offended this person so the item was sold to the next person in line. Granted that is probably ok by the rules for this forum, but not what I would consider a kind thing to do. For future reference when someone wants to bargain a price at least give them a chance to buy it, or come back with a different price, without selling it to the next guy. That's a dick move!
igotta355z28

igotta355z28 03-13-2019 10:04 PM

Re: How not to deal with people igotta355z28

This user inquired first on my ad. He requested I send him photos of the item. Another user pmd me after he did and said he would take the part at the listed price... Trying to be fair I emailed chiz a couple photos and told him to let me know if he wanted it because the other user wanted it too. Instead of telling me he wanted to buy the item chiz instead messages me again asking me to come down $25 on the price... (I was selling a still in the box torque arm that is $400 on summit for $275 SHIPPED!). I replied to him no thanks and moved on to the user that was ready to purchase my part at the listed price. I have no obligation to chiz to go back and forth about pricing when I have another user ready to buy and I told him that! Then this morning he decides he will pay my asking price and emails me for paypal info. I told him then that I had already sold it. So chiz then asks me to go back on the deal I made with the other user. And not sale it to him. The user who agreed to pay my full price in his original message to me. I refused and told Chiz that in the future he should probably not try to haggle when he knows other people are ready to purchase something he wants. Please explain to me what I did wrong here?

battmann 03-14-2019 06:25 AM

igotta355z28 did nothing wrong.
Losing out on buying a part is the chance you take when you try to haggle.
I don’t blame you for trying to get a discount but the seller isn’t obligated to negotiate with you.
If you wanted it that bad you should’ve paid the asking price. It was a brand new part that was already a good deal.

chiz420 03-14-2019 06:50 AM

The mere fact that you continue to defend yourself shows guilt by all professional points of view. Your perception is not reality. So please.... Continuing to do so only furthers the original point that I made!

QwkTrip 03-14-2019 07:09 AM

This complaint is so stupid that the mods should delete the thread.