Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   Convertibles (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/convertibles/)
-   -   Finally installed my rear speakers (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/convertibles/231043-finally-installed-my-rear.html)

Ovrclck350 03-24-2004 10:36 PM

Finally installed my rear speakers

1 Attachment(s)
I installed my rears finally and I love them. Puts a more full sound into the car instead of just the 4X6's in the front and the subs in the back. They're 6X8's. On another plus side, I was able to cover up some holes previously hacked into the panels and clean the SH*T out of them.

Here's pics

Ovrclck350 03-24-2004 10:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Ovrclck350 03-24-2004 10:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's how they were when I bought it....ignore the ruler.

Ragtop89 03-25-2004 12:08 PM

Not bad, Billy!
How much more room did they give you?
1"?
2"?

Ovrclck350 03-25-2004 01:27 PM

They're 2" spacers, and IIRC there's like 1" of clearance behind the panels, so that'd be a total depth of 3".

FSTFBDY 04-02-2004 06:56 AM

ok, I'll be the odd ball and Say I dont like it. and it looks like hell.

Would have been so much nicer just to find a low profile speaker and made a flush trim rings and did it nicer.

Then again im anal like that since I use to work as a installer.

Screamin'87GTA 04-02-2004 07:01 AM

Its hard once being an installer to like much of anything after.. But for someone not as skilled or should i say experienced, thats not all that bad... He does get the better sound of the 6x8, and it looks a he77 of a lot better than the before picture....

Still an installer, always an installer

George Khawahie 04-02-2004 10:55 AM

Originally posted by TPl383

Would have been so much nicer just to find a low profile speaker and made a flush trim rings and did it nicer.

I agree with you, but Jake really ****ed up that car, so he's doing the best he can do.

It's definatey better than before, but I would have just done a flush mount too. My Kicker Impulse 5.25"'s sound great in my vert.

MrDude_1 04-02-2004 11:23 AM

mines flush behind the factory grill... i had to space the grill out a extra 1/8" because with it cranked all the way up, a loud midrange noise would sometimes cause them to tap the grill..

but you cant tell its not stock from the outside... i consider that a good thing since i somtimes park with the top down.

im going to try to make a fiberglass subwoofer box for my trunk/sparetire well, athough im having a lil trouble with it... the box i have in there now is a generic unported box, and its not bad or anything, but its obviously a aftermarket box just sitting there....

FSTFBDY 04-02-2004 01:08 PM

Yes atleast the car has a good home now. and will be taken care of.

Billy, I have a set of 6 1/2 sounds streams I could prob make a nice pod for ya with. I have the Panels outa my vert.

88 WS6 TransAm GTA 04-02-2004 08:58 PM

Originally posted by TPl383

What he said. But atleast your working with what you have to make it better.

Ovrclck350 04-02-2004 11:19 PM

I actually just happened to have those speakers. Both panels were hacked pretty badly and each was a different size hole :confused:

I mainly just wanted to do something to cover up the holes, but I happened to have those speakers laying around and decided to throw them in. I'm really pleased with the sound quality, so I doubt I'll be doing much to them for a while. I still have way too many other things to concentrate on.