Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   Convertibles (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/convertibles/)
-   -   Mystery SFC's designed for vert.. pics inside (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/convertibles/363980-mystery-sfcs-designed-vert.html)

C6matt 05-12-2006 05:23 AM

Mystery SFC's designed for vert.. pics inside

3 Attachment(s)
what kind of subfame connectors are these?
These came with my 91 z vert when I got it, I hadn't seen a set like it... anyone know anything about these?

C6matt 05-12-2006 08:30 AM

bigblockcamaro clued me in in the chassis section
The Official S & W Race Cars Web Site

jagevileye21 05-12-2006 09:07 AM

Does anyone have these installed on there car? Can anyone actually vouch for these SFCs?

Jay

C6matt 05-12-2006 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by jagevileye21
Does anyone have these installed on there car? Can anyone actually vouch for these SFCs?

Jay

I have them installed now.... when I get my new fuel pump in next week I'll let you know how they work, but from an install point of view it was all right on... :)

jagevileye21 05-12-2006 01:46 PM

That would be great. Im in the process of picking some up and its better when you have more options to choose from. If you could post some pics with them installed that would also be a big helper.

Thanks,
Jay

jagevileye21 05-24-2006 12:42 PM

Matt,

Any word on how those SFC's feel?

C6matt 05-24-2006 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by jagevileye21
Matt,

Any word on how those SFC's feel?

I am waiting on some new panhard bar bushings to come in, I found out mine were on their way out when I did my fuel pump swap... they should be here soon then I'll let you know ... :driving:

C6matt 05-25-2006 06:52 AM

the bushings came yesterday, I got it all back together and took it for a spin... WOW, what a diffrence.... its better than my 88 Iroc t top was...much less flex over bumps... I didnt put the exhaust back on so I cant tell you if it still creaks/groans..... Open headers drown out a lot ;)

jagevileye21 05-26-2006 01:26 PM

Hey Matt if you get a chance could you take some pics of those SFC's installed.

Thanks,
Jay

jstoltz 05-30-2006 03:47 PM

was there any mods needed on these to fit correctly. I was thinking about the ones from tds because of them being a great 3rd gen supporter. I really have no clue about suspension stuff though (I usually just build the motor and have some fun) so I guess either set would work alright but s&w looks like a firmer design.

mrws6speed 05-30-2006 07:05 PM

I have these installed on my '92 TA Vert. They didn't fit snugly and not all the connecting points for the floor pan make contact. I didn't care as I didn't want to weld or bolt those on anyway (didn't want to have to pull the interior).

The center bar sucked because I would always bottom out on everything. I have it removed now because I have the sphoon torque arm that mounts to the tranny crossmember (T56), so it won't clear.

Hope this helps.

jstoltz 05-30-2006 08:50 PM

well looks like the spohn sfc for me then thanks for the info.
----------
I'll be using their tranny crossmember(200r4) and torque arm anyway. and hopefully a 9" (homebuilt, I don't weld all that good though) when I get time unless I can find one for sale that is already done.

plndtx 05-30-2006 10:05 PM

well looks like the spohn sfc for me
Check out the 'contact' problems with spohn sfc's I had back around Februrary.
https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/conv...=aborted+spohn

There is another post in the suspension forum if you want more feedback and pics.

I've been watching this thread thinking these were the answer to my sfc issue.

jstoltz 05-31-2006 12:25 AM

good point I forgot all about that thread so alstons are the sfc I am going with. spohn on the rest. thanks for the reminder

jagevileye21 05-31-2006 10:56 AM

I've been watching this thread thinking these were the answer to my sfc issue.
I've been doing the same thing but it looks like I will be getting mine from TDS for sure now. I wanted these ones because they mentioned better ground clearance.

Jay