Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   Convertibles (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/convertibles/)
-   -   Help, Need Parts! (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/convertibles/403776-help-need-parts.html)

PoorBoyRS 01-12-2007 02:13 PM

Help, Need Parts!

a friend of mine just told me he'd give me an 87 RS convertible if I'd haul it off, body is in good shape, but engine, trans, and the entire top are missing. I can get the cover, no problem, but I'm needing help locating the entire framework, as all of the metal top was removed, including the motors. Any help would be greatly appreciated as i've had no luck in neighboring salvage/junkyards. Thanks!

FSTFBDY 01-12-2007 06:02 PM

AWESOME DEAL !! take the car even if you can't find the parts. If you posted this about a month ago I would have offered to sell you everything from my 91. but Ive desided to keep it all.

Your gonna have a hard time finding parts ina junk yard. Id try Ebay or the message board. You should find something in due time. Good luck.

Now its MANDATORY you post some pictures. :0

Originally Posted by PoorBoyRS (Post 3186731)
a friend of mine just told me he'd give me an 87 RS convertible if I'd haul it off, body is in good shape, but engine, trans, and the entire top are missing. I can get the cover, no problem, but I'm needing help locating the entire framework, as all of the metal top was removed, including the motors. Any help would be greatly appreciated as i've had no luck in neighboring salvage/junkyards. Thanks!

PoorBoyRS 01-13-2007 03:23 AM

lol thanks for the tip, and I'll post some pics as soon as i get it here... he also threw in an 87 z28 coupe in the same condition, so i wasn't complainin :) They're in sad shape, but between the two I bet i can find a pulse :)

aldixie 01-16-2007 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by PoorBoyRS (Post 3186731)

Hi,

There's a convertible in my local junkyard, the top frame is there but missing one of the bows and the latches. I had the latches off of it, cost me $6 for them. The rest of the top frame was in decent shape. Located in Pasadena, Texas.

Alex

92vert 01-16-2007 10:58 AM

Great score!!!! Doesn't Top Down Solutions carry some vert top parts? Scan their website and see what is available.

Dale 01-18-2007 09:01 PM

Why cant I find a damn deal like this :gocrazy:

911rsq 01-21-2007 04:50 AM

any pics yet?

RocVert 01-30-2007 05:09 PM

how bout an update ?

I love seeing project cars.

I have a 89 vert thinking bout selling or parting (baby on the way)
I'm in Minnesota (yep it friggin cold) for reference if ya need stuff

Hey 911 how ya doing dylan