Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   DIY PROM (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/diy-prom/)
-   -   Stuck in BLM cell 4 (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/diy-prom/166985-stuck-blm-cell-4-a.html)

JAY87GTA 03-15-2003 04:53 PM

Stuck in BLM cell 4

OK, not sure how I messed it up, but I notice that my car never leaves BLM cell4. How do I fix this? Is this something I did or is it a problem with the file I downloaded from one of the sites.

I was searching, and in some cases this seems to be normal, but others say it's not. So what's the scoop?

TRAXION 03-15-2003 05:27 PM

Did you disable your charcoal canister purge in the PROM? If you disable the CCP using the flag then you will always be in idle cell #4 unless you change the Duty Cycle % threshold which forces cell #4.

Tim

JAY87GTA 03-15-2003 09:43 PM

Yes I disabled the CCP. Can ya dumb that one down for me? Do I need to raise or lower the % to get it working right again? Thanks

TRAXION 03-16-2003 12:17 PM

Lower. Set it to 0%.

Tim

JAY87GTA 03-16-2003 05:08 PM

Ahh, ok. Thank you very much sir!:hail:

Grim Reaper 03-16-2003 07:48 PM

Originally posted by TRAXION
Lower. Set it to 0%.

Tim

I can't say for MAF, but on the 7730 the code checks for a "Greater than" condition on the CCP and you must actually make a small code chage to make it check for "Not Less Than".

It's about 2 years ago since I played with the CCP routine, but I recall it had a problem with "0" settings.

Also, "sticking" in Cell 4 can be caused by other tables being "too far out". This is a good reason why you should only make a few changes at a time.

TRAXION 03-16-2003 08:02 PM

GLENN!

Where the he11 have you been man! It's been a long time. Update to the latest TunerCat $8D ... there is a constant to change to rectify this. Basically, the ECM will remain in block learn 4 until a certain CCP Duty Cycle is reached. This threshold is a constant and is included in the latest $8D.

Tim

Grim Reaper 03-17-2003 09:16 AM

Hi Tim:

Sorry I haven't been around for awhile but I've been quite ill. The doctors still haven't quite figured out what's exactly wrong and it's getting kind of scary.

jcs64 01-28-2008 06:21 PM

Re: Stuck in BLM cell 4

heres an old one dragged back from the archives.
This has me a little confused w/ the min. max thing in tunerpro.
In the constants, I see three place w/ reference to CCP duty cycle %.
canister purge duty cycle min. TPS (mine is set at 26.95)
canister purge force BLM idle cell min. duty cycle (mine is set at 19.53)
canister purge force BLM idle cell max duty cycle (mines set at 0)

I do have the CCP disabled so do I need to set all three of these values to 0% ?

Ive got my retrofit VSS on its way so hopefully by the weekend ill be out of cell 4!

mistaben 10-17-2011 05:29 PM

Re: Stuck in BLM cell 4

Originally Posted by jcs64 (Post 3617150)
heres an old one dragged back from the archives.
This has me a little confused w/ the min. max thing in tunerpro.
In the constants, I see three place w/ reference to CCP duty cycle %.
canister purge duty cycle min. TPS (mine is set at 26.95)
canister purge force BLM idle cell min. duty cycle (mine is set at 19.53)
canister purge force BLM idle cell max duty cycle (mines set at 0)

I do have the CCP disabled so do I need to set all three of these values to 0% ?

Ive got my retrofit VSS on its way so hopefully by the weekend ill be out of cell 4!

I want to force it out of blm 4 ... how do i do that using tunerpro?