Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   DIY PROM (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/diy-prom/)
-   -   Where to go next. (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/diy-prom/207001-where-go-next.html)

lykan 10-22-2003 10:48 PM

Where to go next.

Hey ya, I posted before but didn't get any responses. I understand this is a 3rd gen board, but we have the same motors and some have the same PCM. I contribute anywhere I can to take the load off people who take the time to answer the complicated question that are over my head.

I have all the things I need to burn a new chip. I also have the aldl cable, and have been data logging.

What I am getting is a little bit of spark retard, I belive due to Knock. I was really hoping you all (maybe grumpy) could take a look at my log, (datamaster) and see if you can find a hint as to why I am gettting the retard. My 350 just doesn have the power it should.

Now, every know and then when I nail it WOT, I hear well like a misfire.. and it kind of dogs out, and you can hear it misfire.. I havent' recorded when this happensw (never have it logging at the right time) What I am thiknig or assuming is that when the conditions are right I get a lot of knock, and the KR is wha t I am hearing/feeling

So maybe somone can get a hint of why it's doing it.

Maybe I could get an indication (by somone looking tat my log) as to whether it's true knock retard, or False knock

The data master file can be downloaded here, its short. I went about 300 yards to the freeway, hit wot a couple of times, turned around, did it again on the way back, came down my gravel road, and shut her down.. about 5 minutes tops..

Anyhow, thanks in advance for looking, if your up to it. Not looking for anything definitve or serious, but if somones bored maybe you;ll have a look

Get the file here

Also if anyone needs storage space for uploading/swapping bins,ecu files, or logs, send me a mail, I would be glad to host them as they dont allow file atachments in message posts. I have my own server downtown, with a near empty 100giger ;)

Grumpy 10-23-2003 08:17 AM

Re: Where to go next.

Originally posted by lykan

Get the file here

All I get is an error message.

Ed Maher 10-23-2003 12:22 PM

linky no worky

And besides that, you don't mention an ECM / mask either, let alone anything about the combo

lykan 10-23-2003 01:08 PM

The mask is $0d its a 350 with nothing but cat back, and ultimate TBI mods

Sorry Guys, i fixed the link.. dont know what happenened there.

Grumpy 10-23-2003 01:58 PM

Originally posted by lykan
The mask is $0d its a 350 with nothing but cat back, and ultimate TBI mods
Sorry Guys, i fixed the link.. dont know what happenened there.

Arrgh, I can't read that one.

But, I can tell ya the truck Cals are sloppy.

There's a recent thread I started about what you can do to a stock application by tuning. That's about my truck with the earlier 85 Mask.
Read that, and get back to me :)