Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   DIY PROM (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/diy-prom/)
-   -   RBob's 8D Extend VE Patch.. (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/diy-prom/279040-rbobs-8d-extend-ve.html)

-=Jeff=- 02-18-2005 07:57 AM

RBob's 8D Extend VE Patch..

where can I find it?

I did a search and found a post here that stated it was at www.moates.net/fileman But I cannot find it on there anywhere..

is it not being used by anyone anymore?

RBob 02-18-2005 04:25 PM

Don't know what happened to the files. But they are back:

8d_ve.txt
8d_ve.zip

In the source code and hacs directory.

RBob.

-=Jeff=- 02-18-2005 05:19 PM

thank you

meangene83 03-14-2005 11:23 PM

I've downloaded the patch but can't figure out how to use it. Is this something someone with limited computer knowledge can figure out? I have figured out the tunerpro and the chip burner but I'd really like to use the extended VE table. I've searched but the posts I've found all talk about source code and I haven't yet figured out how to look at the source code. I've looked at the bins in raw form but that must be something else entirely, I don't know. If anyone has a link or information I'd sure appreciate it.

-=Jeff=- 03-15-2005 07:04 AM

I wish I could help, but I have not gotten to trying it yet

RBob 03-15-2005 10:44 AM

Originally posted by meangene83
I've downloaded the patch but can't figure out how to use it. Is this something someone with limited computer knowledge can figure out? I have figured out the tunerpro and the chip burner but I'd really like to use the extended VE table. I've searched but the posts I've found all talk about source code and I haven't yet figured out how to look at the source code. I've looked at the bins in raw form but that must be something else entirely, I don't know. If anyone has a link or information I'd sure appreciate it.
Did you get the 8d_ve.txt file too? In that there are instructions on how to apply the patch. Basically open a DOS window and run the s19_pat program against the bin to be patched. The .s19 file contains the information required to update the bin. Just be sure to use the one that matches the BCC of the bin you are updating.

RBob.

ED89 03-15-2005 11:00 AM

Rbob

FYI patch worked with arfp 90 corvette manual bin

Thanks

ED89

meangene83 03-15-2005 12:39 PM

I have the text file but, OK here's a stupid question, how does one open a DOS window? My computer uses XP if that makes a difference. Sorry so dumb but the last computer class I took was when the apple macintosh was state of the art. maybe this is over my head if you think it is I won't be offended:) If I could get it to show me the stuff in DOS I think I could muddle my way through it. Thanks for the replies.

-=Jeff=- 03-15-2005 12:50 PM

Originally posted by meangene83
I have the text file but, OK here's a stupid question, how does one open a DOS window? My computer uses XP if that makes a difference. Sorry so dumb but the last computer class I took was when the apple macintosh was state of the art. maybe this is over my head if you think it is I won't be offended:) If I could get it to show me the stuff in DOS I think I could muddle my way through it. Thanks for the replies.
first
Put the files in an MSDOS friendly Directory like c:\8d_VE

Click 'Start'
CLick 'Run'

Open dialog box type 'Command'

Press 'OK'

then use the CD\ to get to the root directory.
path then for the cd\8d_VE
then type the EXE filename to run