Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   DIY PROM (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/diy-prom/)
-   -   New (free) emulation utility available! (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/diy-prom/357339-new-free-emulation-utility.html)

Mangus 04-11-2006 10:46 AM

New (free) emulation utility available!

Hi Guys -

I've just released EmUtility.

With EmUtility, you can quickly and easily upload data to your emulator, download data from it, and verify the data in it.

The most exciting feature of EmUtility, however, is its ability to monitor a particular file for changes and upload the changes to the emulator. This means you can use your emulator with any editor. Even Notepad (or your favorite hex editor). Even the free version of TunerPro!

EmUtility can be used as a GUI application (by double clicking it as you normally would), or as a command line application (by launching it with parameters from the command line - pass /? for usage).

I've only tested it on a few machines, so consider this a test version. Let me know how it goes!

Mark

JP86SS 04-11-2006 11:26 AM

Neato

More toys, Wooohooo!
Gotta get my s%*t running :nod:
I want to play too!

jonarotz 04-11-2006 11:47 AM

Might sound dumb....but what advatage does this have over just regular emulating with my Autoprom and using Tuner pro?

Mangus 04-11-2006 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by jonarotz
Might sound dumb....but what advatage does this have over just regular emulating with my Autoprom and using Tuner pro?

If you're using TunerPro, none.

If you don't use TunerPro (say, you're a Honda guy. gaaaasp!), then you can continue to use your favorite ROM editor that doesn't natively support an emulator and use EmUtility to interface with the emulator. (Yes, the Honda guys are using the Ostrich with very limited direct software support. This solves their problem.)

Or, if you prefer to use Winbin (which apparently some do), then you can use Winbin to emulate.

Or notepad. Or your favorite hex editor. Or GMEPro. Or whatever you like.

Or if you're using an emulator to emulate your favorite arcade ROMs in your standup arcade machine, then you don't need to use TunerPro to upload your ROMs to it. You can use EmUtility.

It's handy. Isn't it?

89 Iroc Z 04-11-2006 11:14 PM

Awesome! Thanks mark!
On your list of support devices you have the "Moates Cheetah", is this something coming out soon or have I missed something all together?

midniteplowboyy 04-11-2006 11:32 PM

Your the man Mangus.:thumbsup: I dont know where you find the time, thanks for all your hard work.:thanks:

yager 04-12-2006 08:46 AM

Thanks Mark !!! You are definilty the man !! I pestered him and craig about needing a command line app to update the emulator for a project im playing with.. Mark said he had been planning a similer thing and was kind enough to immediatly drop what he was doing and work on this.. The gui is perfect.

For the record, Mark and Craig (Moates) BOTH humored me while we sent several emails about why my hw wasnt working only to determine I hadn't updated my Autoprom FW... Dooohh...

Im a slow coder so im still playing with my perl app stuff...

Thanks !!!

Mangus 04-12-2006 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by 89 Iroc Z
Awesome! Thanks mark!
On your list of support devices you have the "Moates Cheetah", is this something coming out soon or have I missed something all together?

The Cheetah is a device for the Honda types.