Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   DIY PROM (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/diy-prom/)
-   -   Question about bin and bin definition (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/diy-prom/577645-question-about-bin-bin.html)

JDMZ28 06-24-2010 12:35 AM

Question about bin and bin definition

I'm trying to use tunerpro for my dad's 91 Z28 convertible 305tpi auto. I found the ALDL definition: 1227730_8D.ads and it works fine. I'm having trouble finding the correct bin and bin definition files. The program wants a bin definition with a file extension of .xdf but the only one I can find is the one below which is a .ecu extension. I tried loading it but it still says "no xdf selected". Also, I can't seem to find the correct .bin file for this car. Can someone help?

this is how it is listed on moats support page.

Mask ID ECM Bin Definition ALDL Definition Application

$8D 1227730 Super_8dm2.ecu 1227730_8D.ads 90-91 LB9/L98 F-Body

Let me rephrase: I found a place that has the bins but I don't know which one I need since they all have names like: AUJP, AXCN, etc.

ftp://ftp.diy-efi.org/pub/gmecm/bin_...%205.0%205.7s/

Ronny 06-24-2010 10:32 AM

Re: Question about bin and bin definition

I believe TP can change the .ecu to a .xdf. Not sure where that tool is in TP. I dont have lappy in front of me(at office).

xch3no2 06-24-2010 04:51 PM

The operation seemed an automatic conversion.
XDF button
Import
Select your .ecu file

Chevy86 IROC-Z 06-24-2010 07:20 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Not sure what you mean because im new too. But here is where I find the proper file to open up a bin.

dan0617 06-24-2010 07:49 PM

Pull the computer out and look at it. It will have a 4 letter code on a tag on the computer, and if not, open it up and look at the memcal (little thing in there that can be unplugged). It will have the 4 letter code on it. (Like AUJP or ARAP). Go to www.moates.net. Under the downloads section, go to stock tunes. You will find one with the 4 letter extension that you are looking for (Like AUJP.bin). That is the .bin file. Likely the XDF file you need is already in Tunerpro, but if not, I believe it can be found on www.moates.net or www.tunerpro.net.

You should also find a longer number on the computer, and the last 3 or 4 digits of that number are what your computer is normally referred to.

For example, my '89 vette has a '165 computer, uses the $6E XDF, and had a stock ARAP .bin file.

Mangus 06-24-2010 08:14 PM

XDF menu, Import ECU...

I'd love to get rid of the ECU files from the TunerPro site, but last time that was brought up, quite a few people were pretty upset by the thought, as Winbin also uses this format.

JDMZ28 06-25-2010 01:23 AM

thanks guys you rock. I'm gonna try this, maybe I'll start burning chips too. I love this stuff.