Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   Engine/Drivetrain/Suspension Parts for Sale (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/engine-drivetrain-suspension-parts/)
-   -   SD Vortec TPI INtake Base (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/engine-drivetrain-suspension-parts/413902-sd-vortec-tpi-intake.html)

DAVECS1 03-19-2007 01:25 PM

SD Vortec TPI INtake Base

I am selling my SD base. It will come with EGR block off plates and the various plugs for the passages I did not utilize. Also I will throw in my polished thermostat housing.

For clarification, this base is used to fit a TPI intake to vortec heads.

I will add pictures later if it is not sold.

Price $375 + Shipping

I am located at 61547 IL

soultron 03-19-2007 04:26 PM

What brand is it and will you be posting pictures?

jstoltz 03-19-2007 04:55 PM

it says in the title SD which stands for Scoggin Dickey which is GM Parts Performance.

DAVECS1 03-19-2007 09:23 PM

3 Attachment(s)
As pointed out by jstoltz it is a Scoggin Dickey base. Here are the pictures I promised

DAVECS1 03-20-2007 03:16 PM

Re: SD Vortec TPI Intake Base

Hope no one minds, I just thought I would get some visability on this.

soultron 03-20-2007 09:16 PM

Re: SD Vortec TPI INtake Base

I'm really interested, I just don't have the cash. Wish I had something you needed or could get the GFX sold from my car.

Free bump

bahsarie 03-21-2007 02:46 PM

does this bolt up to stock or is it only vortec?

03-21-2007 06:06 PM

There for Vortec's, And if you run it with a SR you need to countersink the bolts.

SheldonZ28 03-21-2007 07:44 PM

Is this a performance step up over the stock one?

Does it flow better then stock?

Or is the only real advantage that you can use a higher flowing head?

WillSpeedy 03-21-2007 08:13 PM

Sorry boys it's mine.:)

DAVECS1 03-21-2007 11:50 PM

Just wanted to confirm that WillSpeedy deposited the cash in my account tonite. It will be his intake.

Yes this intake is a step up from the stock intake. It allows you to use vortec heads, which have great flow characteristics. This intake works great, especially if you use it with some heads that have a large intake runner similar to the Edelbrock 200 ETECS. As for the intake itself, if you set the it side by side with the stock intake you will notice that the ports are bigger were it attaches to the runners and the heads.

If you look at the pictures you will notice, the only thing I did was clean up the casting flash, with a quick once over using a sanding wheel. I did not do any porting or change the shape of any of the passages.

Also Willy will be getting the polishished water neck and EGR block offs, as well as all the aluminum plugs for the various ports on the intake.

Thanks everyone for looking:thanks: