Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   Engine/Drivetrain/Suspension Parts for Sale (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/engine-drivetrain-suspension-parts/)
-   -   [PA] Aftermarket 1LE Brakes set up (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/engine-drivetrain-suspension-parts/726498-aftermarket-1le-brakes-set.html)

85@IRocZ 11-14-2015 08:33 AM

Aftermarket 1LE Brakes set up

3 Attachment(s)
I have a 1LE Brakes set. Comes with 1LE spindles, dual piston calipers, 12" slotted rotors, and brakes. Barely used in really great condition. Everything in the pictures is what is for sale. Asking $700 obo if you are interested or have any questions just call us at 724-971-3128 or 724-333-7565. Willing to ship but they are heavy so will need to check with usps on shipping charges. Thanks for looking!

85@IRocZ 11-17-2015 10:09 AM

Re: Aftermarket 1LE Brakes set up

These are from year one SSBC. This is front only.

92camarorv6 11-17-2015 09:33 PM

thats not 1le thats a ls1 brake setup

85@IRocZ 11-18-2015 06:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
:search:These are definitely 1LE brakes for a 1982-1992 Camaro. You can look them up on yearone.com and see them on there. Look up 1982-1992 1LE brake set up. You will be able to see them on there for $1300 also I bought the clips from Stainless Steel Brakes Incorporated and they were for 1982-1992 1LE brake calipers. Also I own a 1992 1LE Camaro Z28 black 5 speed so I know what the brakes look like. I know I'm not a senior member and a girl and you might think I don't know my stuff but I do. Thanks for your information but you are wrong. Just look it up and you will see them on there. Anyways if they were a ls 1 brakes they would be even worth more.

85@IRocZ 11-18-2015 06:36 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are the pictures from Yearone.com of the brake kit.

85@IRocZ 11-18-2015 06:51 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is also a picture of the upgraded slotted rotors that are for 1982-1992 1LE brake kit.

Jaysz28 11-19-2015 05:24 AM

They are marketing as a '1LE' kit, but that is just LS1 calipers and rotors

www.bigbrakeupgrade.com sells the exact same kit for $685 plus shipping

The key identifiers are the two piece hat and rotor (1LE uses a one piece rotor) and how the caliper mounts to the carrier bracket.

85@IRocZ 11-19-2015 06:49 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I can't believe the haters on this site. I know the rotors are not an ac Delco solid rotor. That's why it's aftermarket? You can always go to AutoZone to get parts cheaper all up to you. The spindles are 1LE . Just no love for anyone that has or loves the 1LE here. If you have nothing but to hate on someone keep it to yourself. No one's making you buy it. Like I said the rotors are upgraded rotor but what counts for the it is the spindles. I perfer quality over being cheaper! I like my stuff made in USA if you want to buy your stuff China made go ahead. Last thing is instead of people hating on here try to be more encouraging. If you want to drive a pinto because it's cheaper or you rather drive a Lamborghini. How much your willing to spend. By the way on bigbrakeupgrade.com that is a ls 1 kit not an 1LE kit. And you have to send spindles in for a core charge. The kit on yearone.com is a 1LE kit and has the solid rotors. They can't market something that is not what it is. I am not having a pissing contest with you. You guy's think you know everything to know about everything. Especially if your not a senior member here.

Jaysz28 11-19-2015 01:17 PM

There is a core charge for the spindles for the kit you posted. Its $100 and mentioned in the bottom of the image you posted.

the 'kit' comes 'assembled' and all you have to do is bolt it on in place of your stock spindle.

All 1LE spindles are just modified stock spindles. Gm didn't make a special spindle for the cars. Just modified the stockers to accept the larger caliper and rotor. I have a set of 'factory 1LE brakes' my firebird. I just use Napa rotors...

No hate, just pointing out the difference between a true 1LE set and the LS1 upgrade.

good luck with your sale

Justins86bird 11-21-2015 07:09 PM

The p/n you listed on yearone points to
https://www.yearone.com/Product/1982-02-camaro/bk88

If you look at their photo, that is the 1le kit, and aside for your spindles, yours is totally different. Your kit can not be called 1le, since they are not. You will confuse potential buyers.

85@IRocZ 11-21-2015 07:57 PM

This what I'm talking about. You just won't just keep your opinions to yourself. You guys just want to make sure I don't sell them and really hurt potential buyers. This will be the last thing I sell on here.

85@IRocZ 12-15-2015 05:16 PM

SOLD to a third gen member. Thanks for all the interest.

85@IRocZ 12-15-2015 05:18 PM

Even with all the haters on here. There is still good members on this site that looked past all the stupid stuff that people said and reply.

frost289 12-16-2015 06:06 AM

Thanks you,recived one package yesterday ,looks great

QuickStyle 12-17-2015 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by 85@IRocZ (Post 5988022)
Even with all the haters on here. There is still good members on this site that looked past all the stupid stuff that people said and reply.

i dont know about that spindle, but that is not a 1le rotor/hub. 1le rotor is 1-piece rotor/hub, what you have pictured is a 2-piece, which is more like ls1 brakes. if the buyer doesnt realize it now, he will when he needs replacement parts.

you shouldn't call people haters when they try to help you list your item correctly, it makes people not want to help you.

KILLemALL 12-18-2015 12:06 AM

This what I'm talking about. You just won't just keep your opinions to yourself. You guys just want to make sure I don't sell them and really hurt potential buyers. This will be the last thing I sell on here.
I saw no hate or malice in any of the replys.These dudes aren't "haters" they are just providing information so that other members don't get hosed.Merry Christmas sir,we will miss you;-(

thtanner 12-18-2015 12:34 AM

Sadly the only person with a bad attitude in this post is the original poster. Items' sold, so moving on. Was nice to get a link to that upgrade 'kit' too.

88 350 tpi formula 12-24-2015 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by thtanner (Post 5988708)
Sadly the only person with a bad attitude in this post is the original poster. Items' sold, so moving on. Was nice to get a link to that upgrade 'kit' too.

I agree... this was a funny posting to say the least. :lmao:

bk88 kit shown in the link were 1le too bad thats not what was for sale here.

http://flynbye.com/catalog/i7.html

this is what the seller should have posted. the calipers , adapter and pads were another dead giveaway. hope the buyer figures it out

frost289 12-24-2015 09:33 PM

Yes I figured it out from the beginning.it is exactly what I was looking for.all packages received in great shape.thanks��

85@IRocZ 12-25-2015 09:33 AM

Thanks! I'm glad you liked them. And they were exactly what was posted. If you mentioned anything 1LE people always have a different options. I also never had a bad attitude till all the experts on this site have to put their two cents in it that was not needed. Thank you!