Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   Engine/Drivetrain/Suspension Wanted (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/engine-drivetrain-suspension-wanted/)
-   -   Looking for a unicorn ( SLP T ram or McFarland short ram) (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/engine-drivetrain-suspension-wanted/745449-looking-unicorn-slp-t.html)

charlie6178 07-06-2017 12:20 AM

Looking for a unicorn ( SLP T ram or McFarland short ram)

i know they are both borderline impossible, but I am willing to pay, whatever I need to if I can get my hands on one!

PurelyPMD 07-06-2017 06:01 AM

Re: Looking for a unicorn ( SLP T ram or McFarland short ram)

Unicorns exist...https://newhaven.craigslist.org/cto/6145551644.html

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.thi...0d0492a628.jpg

TTOP350 07-06-2017 06:24 AM

I'd like a McFarland short ram myself, good luck in your quest!

charlie6178 07-06-2017 10:00 AM

Wow! I just emailed the guy. I would be willing to pay well over market value for a t ram intake!

JERRYWHO 11-26-2017 01:09 PM

I have a complete, never used McFarland setting on the shelf. I think it's time to sell.

Jerry

TTOP350 11-26-2017 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by JERRYWHO (Post 6185531)
I have a complete, never used McFarland setting on the shelf. I think it's time to sell.

Jerry

Why always when i'm beyond in the wrong position for it!!!!

charlie6178 11-29-2017 10:21 AM

PM sent!

Drew 11-29-2017 11:41 AM

There was a T-ram on ebay for ~$1300 BIN in the last few weeks. Sold fast.

charlie6178 01-09-2018 04:09 PM

Bump...

PurelyPMD 01-10-2018 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by Drew (Post 6186135)
There was a T-ram on ebay for ~$1300 BIN in the last few weeks. Sold fast.

Natural finish? Complete?

Eric-86sc 01-10-2018 06:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
yes it was complete with cruise brackets and everything. Someone showed me at work and by the time I got out to do something about buying it it was sold.

Oh yea supposedly it only sold for $1k

charlie6178 01-10-2018 03:16 PM

I talked to the guy who sold it. He has 1 more complete t ram, as well as a real SLP prototype t ram with documentation. I offered over $3000 for the production one and couldn't make it happen.

Drew 01-10-2018 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Eric-86sc (Post 6193956)
yes it was complete with cruise brackets and everything.

No, it was painted black, and was missing a few minor pieces. I don't really feel like digging for the auction to see what was there, but IIRC it didn't have the throttle cable bracket, and something or other else was missing, T-stat housing maybe? IDK, had an aftermarket throttlebody and a set of injectors, or something like that.

I thought about it just long enough to figure that I wouldn't be able to leave it painted, and God knows what may be under the paint. That and cloning a Firehawk sounds like digging myself a hole to shovel money into, and that was that. It lasted at least 24hrs on Ebay before it sold. :2cents:

Drew 01-10-2018 04:51 PM

Screenshot. Same unit, maybe it was listed again after someone snagged the parts, because this one was absolutely incomplete.

https://i.imgur.com/UL0rTZI.jpg

charlie6178 01-10-2018 06:24 PM

I've been talking to that guy, he owned 2 different 91-92 firehawks, and that intake sold on eBay for $1350 then the same guy was able to buy one of his SLP Dana 44's to him too. He still has 2 44's and those 2 t rams. He's a really cool dude to talk to, and had a
Ton of history about the SLP parts and what not. The number it was going to take to buy his production T ram was just slightly more than I was willing to pay.

TTOP350 01-11-2018 07:16 AM

Def missing a few things on that T-ram but it does have the later fuel psi reg setup. which is nice.

BOTTLEDZ28 01-11-2018 01:01 PM

Do you guys really see a need or desire to snag up these T Rams intake setups? Do you thin they will increase in value down the road or are we all n this T Ram kick like Ford guys are with the Notchback Foxbodys right now.

Drew 01-11-2018 04:20 PM

The T-Ram is a novelty. Better than a stock TPI, but unless you want or need the look, there are surely better and more cost efficient ways to make more power. I don't see them increasing in value as much as they're just virtually unobtainable. It's not like you can just lay your cash on the counter and claim one.

Ford guys have been sick about Notchbacks since forever. They're always going to be the Fox Mustang without a hatchback. You know hatchbacks right? Like a Honduh, or a Ford Pinto, or a family truckster Station Wagon. Yeah, I get that thirdgens are theoretically hatch backs, but have you been up close and personal with a Fox body? They're pure garbage cars. Love how mine had an irritating vibration from the roof. Finally got sick of it and pulled the headliner to have a look... They never welded the crossbar brace across the middle of the roof, to the right side of the car. You could see they waved a MIG welder over there, but the two pieces weren't touching, much less welded together. Absolute crap.

PurelyPMD 01-12-2018 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by Drew (Post 6194247)
The T-Ram is a novelty. Better than a stock TPI, but unless you want or need the look, there are surely better and more cost efficient ways to make more power. I don't see them increasing in value as much as they're just virtually unobtainable. It's not like you can just lay your cash on the counter and claim one.

Sure you can. ;)

charlie6178 01-12-2018 12:22 PM

Yeah but if you want it lay the cash and claim one right now the only way you're getting one is to buy Chris's whole car! Lol

charlie6178 01-31-2018 04:05 PM

Bump!!

Twin_Turbo 02-25-2018 11:16 AM

I have both but not in a selling mood. Wonder what Jerry wants for his mcfarland, I PMed him about it a long time ago, was in a buying mood....

charlie6178 02-28-2018 12:26 AM

yeah sent him a message as well and never heard back. I'd be willing to pay an arm and a leg for a T ram! Since you have both you should be a nice guy and sell the T Ram 😂😂

charlie6178 04-21-2018 10:41 AM

Bump! Still willing to give an arm and a leg for one!

t/aws61985 12-15-2018 03:28 AM

I am also looking for one.

TTOP350 12-15-2018 09:37 AM

I heard Jerrywho sold his Mcfarland intake, not sure who but guessing it was semi local. I'd like one of those for sure.

charlie6178 12-15-2018 10:11 PM

I talked to the guy who bought his car, supposedly he still has the McFarland and isn’t ready to sell it yet even tho he sold the car. I’d love to offer him big money for the McFarland but he won’t answer any messages, and dyno Don was supposed to ask him to contact me and never did.

Drew 12-16-2018 05:00 AM

Can anyone imagine a universe where these kinds of parts were readily available, and relatively affordable? Just seems silly that fairly common items are hard to find, and as you get into these kinds of parts it's like pulling teeth even finding them, before the slot machine logic that dictates the trading value. What I mean is that one day someone will get a smoking deal, and the next day someone will get completely hosed, and there is virtually no reason behind it.

Abubaca 12-16-2018 10:18 AM

What I mean is that one day someone will get a smoking deal, and the next day someone will get completely hosed, and there is virtually no reason behind it.
That's what makes economics so interesting. Everyone always says it's worth what someone will pay, but if you really think about that, and how that statement drives all things, new cars, fries and a burger, basketball sneakers, you really NEED market surveys to price things. ....but when there's not enough product to DO that.... you get what you described. Pricing is all over the place.

I think the funny thing is that if they were readily available, I doubt many people would use them. You'll ALWAYS have the niche market guys, just like there are those of us still running TPI's, but there'd never be a market for a T ram (or superram). Just not a realistically good option for most people. Heck just look at the Superram prices lately. They've probably doubled in the last 18 months. Took me about 2 months to sell an Edelbrock base for $375 just 2 years ago. Now they're regularly going for well over $500, and I've seen some over $600.

Drew 12-16-2018 02:19 PM

Yes! If there was a supply, no one would want most of these parts. It wasn't all that long ago that I was able to pick up aftermarket TPI bases and runners for $50-100. The second hand marketplace was flooded with takeoff parts from sellers that had bought only to be disappointed with the performance, or who decided their car's were better off parted out. Now those same parts are worth $500 in the classifieds. It's just a bit hard to believe. Wish I'd stocked up when the getting was good, but as it is I picked up a lot of stuff that was on my bucket list - for peanuts. Now if I can just reach the point in my Green Bird project where I can start bolting in parts... :)

charlie6178 12-17-2018 10:43 PM

Being that there is no supply, and they were the top tier parts available when they were new, not just off the shelf stuff is why everyone wants them. The older these cars get the more of them sit outside and get ruined, the more get scrapped, and there inherently will be a few rare parts scrapped and overlooked as well, making the ones that are still around that much more valuable to the enthusiasts. At one point 69 Z28’s were attainable for cheap prices, until they all went away, now they are like hens teeth and everyone wants one. It’s the age and enthusiasts that drive prices and collectibility up and no matter what anyone wants to do about it, these cars and the prices are going to continue to climb. Let’s face it, the average car guy hated the “****** slow camaro” for years, now they are old enough to be considered cool, and the collectors are starting to grab them. I

Drew 12-18-2018 12:05 AM

Didn't it take several years for SLP to liquidate the leftover T-rams from un-built Firehawks through Summit? Seems like they were greatly aided in the liquidation when their (SLP's) warehouse burned down. Not sure they were really in demand until fairly recently.

BHR 01-22-2019 07:16 PM

anyone willing to sell a t-ram PM me i think we can make a deal i like spending as much as i like earning

PurelyPMD 01-23-2019 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by BHR (Post 6276468)
anyone willing to sell a t-ram PM me i think we can make a deal i like spending as much as i like earning

My car is still available.

charlie6178 01-23-2019 11:09 AM

I bet if you put the dual cold air intake on it, a 91-92 nose and wing, and firehawk stickers that thing would sell quick!

Grey Goose 07-06-2019 06:29 PM

Keep the faith gentlemen... The McFarland is alive and well. I'm going to run it for awhile as I've promised Jerry that I'd see his original vision for the car through to fruition. I've had multiple offers for it with the highest being 5k to which I laughed. So I will be selling it in the future and I'll be looking for both arms and both legs when the time comes lol! ;)

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.thi...a04a6eb29d.jpg

charlie6178 07-06-2019 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by Grey Goose (Post 6312658)
Keep the faith gentlemen... The McFarland is alive and well. I'm going to run it for awhile as I've promised Jerry that I'd see his original vision for the car through to fruition. I've had multiple offers for it with the highest being 5k to which I laughed. So I will be selling it in the future and I'll be looking for both arms and both legs when the time comes lol! ;)

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.thi...a04a6eb29d.jpg

I’ll trade ya a T ram for it 😜😜😜

Grey Goose 07-06-2019 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by charlie6178 (Post 6312692)
I’ll trade ya a T ram for it 😜😜😜

🤣🤣🤣😉

TTOP350 07-06-2019 11:06 PM

I'd really like to see that intake reproduced. It has a solid production look to it which I like and with a couple visual/non perm, changes could look even more like a production piece.

I'm fairly partial to all of my limbs so I'm most likely out on making a fair offer

charlie6178 07-07-2019 12:14 AM

I’m right there with you tony, I would love to own it, but I am out at 5k. If there was a few more produced or some sort of low numbers car that had them, or some crazy story to go along with it i’d be more into it.

Grey Goose 07-07-2019 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by TTOP350 (Post 6312710)
I'd really like to see that intake reproduced. It has a solid production look to it which I like and with a couple visual/non perm, changes could look even more like a production piece.

I'm fairly partial to all of my limbs so I'm most likely out on making a fair offer

Originally Posted by charlie6178 (Post 6312716)
I’m right there with you tony, I would love to own it, but I am out at 5k. If there was a few more produced or some sort of low numbers car that had them, or some crazy story to go along with it i’d be more into it.

I wholeheartedly agree with both of you... I'd never pay upwards of 5k for an intake. I think its absolutely insane. No matter how signature/unique. The two gentlemen that are offering this kind of money are both Callaway guys. One has an actual C4 Callaway that needs that "Sledehammer" look and the other is building a clone. Both have more dollars than sense in my opinion. However, as one of the gentlemen told me:"When you grow up with pictures of this car on your wall... ...and when you have it... You don't let something like money get in the way of having it exactly the way you want it". I may not agree with his sentiment, but I completely understand it. I am on the other side of the coin... I don't want or need the money. I want to install and use this unique piece of history on my vehicle so I can enjoy it as it was meant to be.

Twin_Turbo 07-07-2019 05:50 AM

I'll sell my mcfarland short ram for 45000 euros. It comes complete with a full nuts and bolts rebuilt upgraded and reworked 87 iroc hardtop. Free with purchase of tge intake.

charlie6178 07-08-2019 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Twin_Turbo (Post 6312727)
I'll sell my mcfarland short ram for 45000 euros. It comes complete with a full nuts and bolts rebuilt upgraded and reworked 87 iroc hardtop. Free with purchase of tge intake.

$50k is going to be a tough price to pull out of a modified third gen, even if it had a McFarland short ram on it, another one in the passenger seat, and a pair of T rams in the trunk lol

Twin_Turbo 07-09-2019 12:39 AM

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.thi...d861553cca.jpg
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.thi...b3391ca67d.jpg
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.thi...f787c28ba5.jpg
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.thi...f7a62c7a76.jpg
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.thi...4db6f7452d.jpg
Oh I have a pristine t ram also
Mine is the only short ram that is complete with the correct fuel rails and regulator. It was the test mule and it actually rins.

The car comes with super rare pieces like a nos blaupunkt sylt. A set of super rare magnesium jongbloed wheels and a lot of custom stuff that I built. It's not arandom iroc. It's 100% brand new

cuisinartvette 01-13-2020 09:41 AM

Guts look real similar to an LT1 intake. Converted less than 5 bills
Prices for greasy oldTPI parts are a joke just port a stock base.

QwkTrip 01-13-2020 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by charlie6178 (Post 6312981)
$50k is going to be a tough price to pull out of a modified third gen, even if it had a McFarland short ram on it, another one in the passenger seat, and a pair of T rams in the trunk lol

Just be patient. Four more years of Trump and you'll get that car for $5 US after currency exchange rate. :)