Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   Engine Swap (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/engine-swap/)
-   -   What's my car worth?? (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/engine-swap/756613-whats-my-car-worth.html)

cwad8505 10-09-2018 09:56 PM

What's my car worth??

Guys,

I'm in a good position to get a 2018 ZL1 1LE and would need to sell the Iroc to go that route. Having no clue what to ask for this car, I was hoping to post what my ad would be and get some input from those that have sold cars with similar upgrades/mods.
Please don't give me the "it's worth what someone is willing to pay". I get that and it is a very accurate statement, but was wondering what sort of range I should be asking.

Take a look plz!
1985 Camaro Iroc Z RPO B4Z Resto-mod

First year of the IROC!

Clean title, T-tops don’t leak!

2002 LS 5.7 L and 4L60E (automatic) built trans with heavy clutches, shift kit, etc.

Completely rebuilt motor with LG G5X3 cam kit with springs, rods, comp trunions.

4” Cold air intake routed to outside air. IAT 2-5 degrees above ambient outside temp

Tuned by Shortuning early 2018. 400+ hp. Long tube headers to 3” to mangaflow exhaust.

4th gen plastic fuel tank and sender with new racetronix fuel pump. Stainless fuel lines with AN fittings, pressure gauge on fuel rail. Correction to sending unit board to accurately reflect fuel level on dash fuel gauge. New style corvette filler tube (no cap).

All tubular suspension components, sub-frame connectors and engine cradle by PA racing.

Coil-over setup on the front by PA Racing, Moog springs on rear. KYB shocks all around.

This car was completely tore down and rebuilt, underside has never had rust and was coated with POR during restoration.

New paint and decals in 2016.

Rear differential rebuilt Sept 2018 with Yukon DuraGrip diff, Dana(SVL) 3.42 gears as was stock. 9 thou backlash, 12 in lbs on pinion bearing preload. Perfect pattern on drive and cost side of ring gears (have photos). Trickflow diff cover with diff bearing cap supports.

Interior is completely stock and in great condition. The dash pad has 1 small crack near drivers side speaker.

Audio- Kenwood Bluetooth head unit with Kenwood component speakers. JL Audio amplifiers on those speakers and 2-10” ultimax subs in a custom sealed enclosure. Custom amp mounts, all wiring is hidden.

Car was originally black and gold changed to black/silver. Stock wheels were bead blasted and re-painted for new color.

Dakota digital converter so original speedo in cluster could be used.

Car has electronic GM cruise control and cold A/C converted to R-134. Entire A/C system serviced August 2018 with new evaporator, orifice tube, and accumulator.

New rotors, calipers, brakes, etc.

Led lights in interior, in dash cluster, and hvac stack.

Window motors are getting a little slow, but EVERYTHING WORKS!!

Less than 2000 miles since build.

It has been a fun project and I thoroughly enjoy the car, but I have my eye on a new project!

Serious inquires only, please.

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.thi...1ae8121b71.jpg

cwad8505 10-11-2018 10:56 AM

Re: What's my car worth??

Not one reply? No one has any advice for me on this? Is it $10k, $20k?

flippermtc 10-11-2018 11:04 AM

I can't guess a sell price. Other members that have done similar builds would be better able to give you their opinions. Your 85 looks beautiful in the pics & by your description you have put a lot of time, money & effort on the build. Finding a buyer that will appreciate it & desire a modded 3rd Gen will be the challenge. GLWS!

mwill316 10-11-2018 11:18 AM

A car is only worth what the buyer is willing to pay. Only way you can get a good "estimate" is through researching what cars in the same condition have been sold for. Its hard to sell a car like this and expect to get the money you put in to it back out.

Most people looking into buying thirdgens at this point are either looking for a clean, low mile, stock car for way less than what they are worth IMO. Thirdgens are at a time in their lives where they are starting to appreciate and the community that has been in to them and bought them for dirt cheap over the years is having a hard time understanding how the car market works.

All that being said, you have a beautiful car here, if it were me I'd start at 12-15k and take no less than 10k. I'm solely basing this on what clean, lower mileage 98-02s that have been modded go for around my area. I saw a heavily modded LS swapped 90 iroc sit on craigslist here that started at 16k and dropped down to 10.5k over a two year period. Not even sure if the car sold. I wouldn't ever consider selling that car even if I needed the money to save my own life.

yevgenievich 10-11-2018 12:09 PM

I would agree with a starting point around 15k, but not be surprised if have to lower to lower 10k area. The only base I have is doing a bit of research when I was thinking of selling my ls swapped TA. It is nowhere close to the clean status of yours, but the price point I was coming up with was around 6k. So in my head, I was thinking add 3k for paint and another 3-6k for having drivetrain rebuilt vs used.

xbleedblackx 10-11-2018 12:55 PM

Doing a similar swap currently on my 88. like somebody else said it's only going to be worth what a buyer is willing to pay. However, knowing how much work and money goes into such a build I would put it in the range of 8k-12k. I figure myself to be into mine at the 10k mark upon completion, but, we don't build these cars to make our money back either...Nice car BTW

GASPEDDLER 10-11-2018 02:16 PM

I'd like to see additional pics of your car's interior and engine bay.
gaspeddler1@sbcglobal.net

cwad8505 10-11-2018 08:17 PM

Thx for the reply guys. I'd cry to see it go for less than $15k, but it sounds like the consensus is that would likely be top dollar the the perfect buyer.
gaspeddler, sent u an email.
Chris

88IROCvertZ 10-11-2018 11:32 PM

I think $10k is too low..

It’s unfortunate the restored/resto-mods don’t go for as much as the all original stock low mile ones, but if they are done really well and someone sees it in person you could do alright..

I’d start at $16,500 and wouldn’t go lower than $12k

sounds like a turnkey car.. unlike some guys that have a ton of money into a motor and trying to sell for $10k with a list of things that weren’t finished..

dmccain 10-12-2018 12:09 AM

This is an awesome car and I hope you get top $ for it. I'm all about originals but I really like one upgraded like this and done right just as well. I think if it's nice as it looks and is described you will get a pretty penny for it as you should.GLWS i bet the car is a blast id
Love to have it.

cwad8505 10-12-2018 08:51 PM

Thanks, guys!

vinny R 10-13-2018 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by cwad8505 (Post 6256575)
Thanks, guys!

Keep us updated if you decide to sell. I would be curious to see what people offer you for this car. Talk about a sleeper! I wish I was in the position to buy another car...this is the way I like the early IROCS! BTW I think 15k is right on for this.

cwad8505 12-19-2018 05:48 PM

Well, guys....the car has sold to one of our own! I know it will be well taken care of. Couple pics after its last bath from me. If the new owner wants to share any details, he can, but I will leave that to him. Thanks for the interest, all!
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.thi...bdaa9d4e97.jpg
Love this angle!!!
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.thi...e12dfdb084.jpg

GASPEDDLER 12-19-2018 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by cwad8505 (Post 6269548)
Well, guys....the car has sold to one of our own! I know it will be well taken care of. Couple pics after its last bath from me. If the new owner wants to share any details, he can, but I will leave that to him. Thanks for the interest, all!
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.thi...bdaa9d4e97.jpg
Love this angle!!!
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.thi...e12dfdb084.jpg

Chris, I look forward to meeting you in a few days and bringing that bad *** car to Texas! :driving:

dmccain 12-20-2018 09:45 AM

That is a BADA$$ ride!

NufNuffZ28 12-20-2018 12:56 PM

Great deal. I would've been interested for my GF if it hadn't already sold!

Congrats

88IROCvertZ 12-20-2018 05:45 PM

Congrats on happy seller /happy buyer!

very cool car..