Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   Exhaust (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/exhaust/)
-   -   Borla vs. Banks (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/exhaust/259385-borla-vs-banks.html)

drkbrd 09-13-2004 07:32 PM

Borla vs. Banks

I have read tons of stuff about both of these exhaust systems but i am still torn between the two. I know that Banks is cheaper but does it have the same sound and performance gains as Borla does? any and all opinions welcome:)
and i havent found a sound clip of the banks system yet so if you have one, please post it.
Thnx:)

firebirdpl 09-13-2004 07:33 PM

go for the banks system its great

novass 09-13-2004 07:59 PM

Banks all the way!! Have it and Love it....

Here is my sound clip, not the best but you get the idea.

It is has a nice bark when you are on it, at cruse it is nice and mellow.
banks sound clip

drkbrd 09-13-2004 08:03 PM

Im looking for a loud exhaust. ive heard that it sounds just like borla but with a nice deeper rumble to it. from your personal experience, is this true?

drkbrd 09-13-2004 08:10 PM

Never mind about that last post! thank you so much Novass!!!
thats just the sound im looking for! :D
If you dont mind me askin, what headers do you have on your system?

semiller26 09-14-2004 12:24 AM

he's using hookers not sure what series though. I had to check it out after I heard the sound clip.

Sounds awesome!

novass 09-14-2004 05:25 AM

in my sig, you will not be disappointed in the banks. The banks # in my sig was directly from banks for the two on one side exit. I'm not sure you can get that anymore. I think that they are using the 4th gen design of muffler and exit on each side.

subzero 09-14-2004 07:54 AM

as far as I know you can still get both systems..The 2 one the left is the standard system, but it seems most like the 4th gen exit after I started posting a long time ago how much I liked mine:D ..Get the Banks!....Although you may have to wait awhile to get it because it is not a priority build for the company, it is a much better system overall and with the $$ you save you can get other mods

joshwilson3 09-14-2004 12:05 PM

subzero 09-14-2004 09:35 PM

it has been so long since I heard a random system I can't really say for sure..If I remember correctly I thought the random system sounded pretty good, but not near as mean as my Banks kit.Plus,price wise it was about the same and the material is much better on the banks..Oh, I also saw that TPIS is now selling the banks kits again....Interesting

Scott57350 09-15-2004 03:20 PM

Go with the Banks System. I get people asking me everytime im out driving the car what kind of exhaust i have on there. and not to mention is alot cheaper then borla

drkbrd 09-15-2004 05:00 PM

Thanks so much for your input guys!!:D is enginetechandfab.com the best place to buy the system, or is there another place better?

subzero 09-15-2004 09:26 PM

go through those guys..they are very cool people to deal with and I think they are really the only ones that can get the Banks kit