Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   Exhaust (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/exhaust/)
-   -   those with dyno don headers please help (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/exhaust/569922-those-dyno-don-headers.html)

92RS(real slow) 04-25-2010 04:14 PM

those with dyno don headers please help

Installing my dyno don headers I got the driver side in fine now I'm stuck on the passenger side. The header is hitting a tube which appears to be going to the heater core, and I can't seem to move it anywhere where it is not in the way, if anyone has any suggestions they would greatly be appreciated. Heres a picture of the problem area...sorry for the terrible pic, but it was taken with my phone

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...C-Z/header.jpg

92RS(real slow) 04-25-2010 09:58 PM

Re: those with dyno don headers please help

well upon further inspection it seems to be hitting ac box also

trocustoms 04-25-2010 10:19 PM

I had that problem with a set of hooker 2055's. Thats a steel coolant line that goes to heater core. I simply removed the 2 screws that hold it in place then mocked the header up and moved the coolant line till it cleared and drilled a new hole for the screw.

92RS(real slow) 04-25-2010 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by trocustoms (Post 4522619)
I had that problem with a set of hooker 2055's. Thats a steel coolant line that goes to heater core. I simply removed the 2 screws that hold it in place then mocked the header up and moved the coolant line till it cleared and drilled a new hole for the screw.

i've tried this but even with the 2 screws out it still doesn't move enough to clear header:mad: I even bent the tab for the screw, and tried pushing it under ac box, but it won't go under any further

travis401 04-25-2010 10:48 PM

i had the same issue with my hookers. i jacked the car up and slid the header on from underneath, as well as unbolting the bracket that holds the steel coolant line and pushing it as close to the fender as it could go. it took some fanagaling but its easier than trying from the top.

92RS(real slow) 04-25-2010 11:03 PM

yea I've been trying it from underneath maybe I just need to do some more persuading of the line

trocustoms 04-25-2010 11:23 PM

I forgot to mention that i cut the tab off the steel line and only used the front mounting screw. That allowed the steel line to go under the ac box and then the header cleared fine.

92RS(real slow) 04-26-2010 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by trocustoms (Post 4522701)
I forgot to mention that i cut the tab off the steel line and only used the front mounting screw. That allowed the steel line to go under the ac box and then the header cleared fine.

thanks I'll give it a try that was gonna be my next step, but wasn't 100% sure the tube would fit under there, and really didn't feel like doing all that work, and then not having it work.

travis401 04-26-2010 11:55 PM

its a steel line, but its hooked up on both ends by rubber hose, so it should be able to move quite a bit. if all else fails, you could always pull it out completely. but that sounds like more trouble than its worth.

92RS(real slow) 05-03-2010 11:42 PM

thanks for all the help guys got it to go under ac box it just required some very careful persuading with a hammer. All is good now

itsMikey 05-04-2010 02:34 PM

idk Don put mine in :P ask him

Pat Hall 05-04-2010 08:20 PM

I just put my 2055's in last week, and yeah that coolant pipe was DAMN close to the tubes, but it did clear just barely.