Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   Exhaust (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/exhaust/)
-   -   Dynomax VT Muffler (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/exhaust/575351-dynomax-vt-muffler.html)

5-0 Blackbird 06-05-2010 11:05 AM

Dynomax VT Muffler

Anyone try these yet? I've been wondering about em since I saw an ad. Was considering running em on my Firebird, but wanted to see if anyone's actually tried em yet. I saw some clips on Youtube, but most were trucks or were of poor quality, so they didn't help much. If they aren't worth it, I'll just go with a conventional muffler.

Mike Massey 06-05-2010 03:20 PM

Re: Dynomax VT Muffler

something concerns me with a valve opening in the exhaust considering most exhaust has a tendency to get dirty or may keep the valve from opening fully given time but what do i know? im durn sure not an engineer

5-0 Blackbird 06-05-2010 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by Mike Massey (Post 4569074)
somehting concerns me with a valve opening in the exhaust considering most exhaust has a tendency to get dirty or may keep the valve from opening fully given time but what do i know? im durn sure not an engineer

Well, I'm sure not an engineer either, lol, but that's pretty much what held me back from fully trusting it. I would think the spring, and that whole assembly itself I guess, would fail at some point as conditions change.

Mike Massey 06-05-2010 08:52 PM

3 Attachment(s)
hey 5-o check out these pics of my hooker maxflow

UnderCover89TBI 06-07-2010 10:13 PM

not a fan of this at all. just another thing to mess up eventually.

5-0 Blackbird 06-07-2010 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by Mike Massey (Post 4569376)
hey 5-o check out these pics of my hooker maxflow

I was lookin into those at one point. How do ya like em? Any sound clips? I hear some say they're quiet and others say they're too loud.

Shadygrady 06-08-2010 12:20 AM

he doesnt have it on the car yet.Hes waiting to have his y pipe and the rest of his exhaust done but in sure he will post a sound clip.I cant wait to hear it cause i`ve been wanting one myself.

Sorry to answer for you mike.hope you didnt mind.

Mike Massey 06-08-2010 04:41 PM

no prob u know my time is tight i appreciate you chimin in

//<86TA>\\ 06-08-2010 05:10 PM

i also dont like the idea of the flapper, eventually it will rust up and stick, either open or closed or in the middle somewhere.

its more of a gimmick for some quick sales, little more.

musclecar70sfan 06-22-2010 03:04 PM

I think this muffler is pretty neat. Maybe the metal inside is corrosion-resistant. And I heard that they offer a lifetime warranty so if that's true I wouldn't mind getting this muffler when the time comes. It's perfect for when you're hauling a bunch of ladies in your car and gotta keep it quiet to keep em comfortable, but when they're gone you can open it up and let her roar. :D

Jim85IROC 06-22-2010 03:21 PM

It seems like a neat idea and all, but my 3" dynomax ultraflow is so quiet I honestly don't see the point.