Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   Exhaust (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/exhaust/)
-   -   Home made exhaust tips and flowmaster 80 test fit pictures (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/exhaust/680094-home-made-exhaust-tips.html)

Clausoe 05-09-2013 09:28 AM

Home made exhaust tips and flowmaster 80 test fit pictures

3 Attachment(s)
Experimenting with exhaust tips. Put some work into getting them centred and angled downwards. Feel free to comment on how you think it looks, I'm thinking of machining the tips some more once I figure out how I want them to look. This all started with me wanting a new sound and got the flowmaster 80 - I think it sounds great:D

Clausoe 05-09-2013 09:29 AM

Re: Home made exhaust tips and flowmaster 80 test fit pictures

3 Attachment(s)
More pics

Clausoe 05-12-2013 12:33 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Finished - for now. I'm not sure if its too much, the tips are sort of copies from some I found on the net. Maybe they should be black to suit the car better.

Claus

Javier87z28 05-12-2013 01:51 PM

pretty good job man! I personally like the chrome silver look

Clausoe 05-12-2013 02:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Attached is a pic of the look I wanted to try, didn't have the tooling to machine it at an angle.

whatever84 05-12-2013 02:37 PM

Even tho our cars came with duel outlet tail pipes i'm not a big fan of them because of the clean line of the bumper cover, I like the hidden look better but that being said I think your exhaust looks pretty good but would look better if the tips were black so they don't stand out so much.:2cents:

Mark.

Clausoe 05-12-2013 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by whatever84 (Post 5559381)
Even tho our cars came with duel outlet tail pipes i'm not a big fan of them because of the clean line of the bumper cover, I like the hidden look better but that being said I think your exhaust would looks pretty good but would look better if the tips were black so they don't stand out so much.:2cents:

Mark.

Yes I,ve seen many good looking hidden ones and agree with you on the low clean bumper line not beeing ideal for long outlet pipes. I'll give it some time and see if I change it, fun to try different looks though.

Clausoe 06-27-2014 03:18 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Hi again, more pics for those interested. Earlyer in this post I fitted a flowmaster muffler. Now I have done the rest up to the y-pipe. This is done really cheap but it turned out okay. The pipe had only surface rust so this was sanded away. I then welded new brackets and fabricated a transmission mount. The only new pipes are the three bends where the cat should be so it was minimum cost.

First pics are before repair

Clausoe 06-27-2014 03:19 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Two more :)