Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   Exhaust (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/exhaust/)
-   -   need budget efficient headers (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/exhaust/84646-need-budget-efficient-headers.html)

89 3rd Gen TA 02-15-2002 02:13 AM

need budget efficient headers

hey guys, i'm really on a tight budget hear. but my car is screaming for headers right now heh.
any headers ya guys can recommend that are cost efficient, and at the same time do a good job.
also if i painted them with high temp paint. would it keep them from gettin rusted?

Jza 02-15-2002 02:54 AM

I'd rather have a set of good used headers, than brand-new cheapsters. Maybe you could look around for some used ones (coated would be nice!). Of course, I guess brand-new cheapsters are better than manifolds. In that case, look into Flowtechs, Summit house-brand headers, or maybe Dynomaxes (I'd hesitate to call Dynomaxes cheap, but they're pretty affordable).

1985_glue_factory 02-15-2002 07:59 AM

If you're gonna go cheap, buy the Summit brand headers. I had a set of those on my Camaro before I got my SLP's. You will need to fabricate a Y-pipe for them, but it's really not too big a deal. They are SO much better than Flowtech, or Pacesetter. I think they're only like $140 or so, so they aren't that bad. Otherwise there is that deal with the Heddmans that you can get with the Ypipe and the headers for like $200.

junkyarddog 02-15-2002 11:05 AM

why not hedmens with the y-pipe for $200??

88IROC350TPI 02-15-2002 01:25 PM

Hedman w/ y-pipe is a good deal for about $200

ME Leigh 02-15-2002 06:40 PM

Thats what i got, they're not bad! Better than most.

AJ_92RS 02-15-2002 10:13 PM

Originally posted by 1985_glue_factory
If you're gonna go cheap, buy the Summit brand headers. I had a set of those on my Camaro before I got my SLP's. You will need to fabricate a Y-pipe for them, but it's really not too big a deal. They are SO much better than Flowtech, or Pacesetter. I think they're only like $140 or so, so they aren't that bad. Otherwise there is that deal with the Heddmans that you can get with the Ypipe and the headers for like $200.
FYI, the Summit headers are made by Flowtech ;)

The reason I know this; Someone on here posted that they called Summit to ask about the Y-pipe, and the sales rep told him the the Flowtech is the one to buy because they're the ones that make the headers for Summit. :sillylol:

So he heard it straight from the horse's mouth.

AJ

cuda69 08-14-2005 07:38 PM

headers for calif.

Originally posted by Jza
I'd rather have a set of good used headers, than brand-new cheapsters. Maybe you could look around for some used ones (coated would be nice!). Of course, I guess brand-new cheapsters are better than manifolds. In that case, look into Flowtechs, Summit house-brand headers, or maybe Dynomaxes (I'd hesitate to call Dynomaxes cheap, but they're pretty affordable).
can you recommend a set of the cheapest but still decent calif emission ready set of headers,liven here in calif. does have some draw backs,i was also going to ask around about the pacesetter brand,but it seems that there not worth buying for 289.00 on ebay,need a good alternative,help

cuda69 08-14-2005 07:38 PM

headers for calif.

Originally posted by Jza
can you recommend a set of the cheapest but still decent calif emission ready set of headers,liven here in calif. does have some draw backs,i was also going to ask around about the pacesetter brand,but it seems that there not worth buying for 289.00 on ebay,need a good alternative,help

firebirdjosh 08-14-2005 11:40 PM

Its going to be expensive since you need the AIR tubes. Check the want ads, I know some people had used coated Hookers for like $100/$200.

pandorafowler 08-15-2005 09:53 AM

What Hedman headers are $200 with the y-pipe? Part #`s?

DanTheMan_smlk 08-17-2005 07:09 PM

edelborck ti tech coated headers will never rust and cost only 400 bucks. They come with ti tech coated y pipe too. And they have air tubes

cuda69 08-17-2005 10:18 PM

headers

Originally posted by DanTheMan_smlk
edelborck ti tech coated headers will never rust and cost only 400 bucks. They come with ti tech coated y pipe too. And they have air tubes
thanks for the info,iam going with 2055 hookers though hope there alright

ME Leigh 08-18-2005 01:25 AM

Originally posted by pandorafowler
What Hedman headers are $200 with the y-pipe? Part #`s?
http://store.summitracing.com/partde...3&autoview=sku

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...=KeywordSearch