Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   Exterior Parts for Sale (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/exterior-parts-sale/)
-   -   SLP Cold Air Intake (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/exterior-parts-sale/540745-slp-cold-air-intake.html)

musclecars90 09-03-2009 03:04 PM

SLP Cold Air Intake

5 Attachment(s)
I am selling a Cold Air Intake made by SLP. It Fits TPI Cars only from '85-'87. It has never been fully installed just partially. I didnt do my research and its made mainly for firebirds and trans ams because it exits to the passenger side. There is some damage to the corner of the air box were I tryed to make it work. Other then that everything is good. Pictures are included: I am asking $250 Attachment 426795Attachment 426796Attachment 426797Attachment 426798Attachment 426799

MikeJR1991 08-08-2018 09:51 AM

Re: SLP Cold Air Intake

is this still for sale?

TTOP350 08-08-2018 10:18 AM

You normally have to remove a few things to make the box drop in. No need to grind on it.

1992 Trans Am 08-09-2018 12:03 AM

Interested. Is this still for sale? Pm me...

Drew 08-09-2018 04:13 AM

Date codes. They're not just for Milk anymore.

MikeJR1991 08-09-2018 06:25 AM

I realize it was years ago however, most people will put that it sold or not. In this case it doesnt say it was sold so i took a shot in the dark, hey ya never know...maybe he still had it sitting around? Wise *** comments like that we dont need on here!

TTOP350 08-09-2018 06:58 AM

I did too but figured I'd add my worthless .02 cents for future info seekers.

Ed1LE 08-09-2018 08:10 AM

Wow-revising a 9 year old for sale thread...new record???

scooter 08-09-2018 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Drew (Post 6242976)
Date codes. They're not just for Milk anymore.

:lmao:

Originally Posted by MikeJR1991 (Post 6242987)
I realize it was years ago however, most people will put that it sold or not. In this case it doesnt say it was sold so i took a shot in the dark, hey ya never know...maybe he still had it sitting around? Wise *** comments like that we dont need on here!

No, just send the poster a PM, don't bump a 9 year old thread

Drew 08-09-2018 12:15 PM

Private messages and Emails might actually alert someone who hasn't been on the forum recently, that someone is interested in speaking with them. People are more likely to see a notice that pops up in their email when they receive a PM, than randomly stumbling across a decade old classifieds post. Also a person to person communication doesn't bump an old *** thread back to the top. It doesn't make people think an item from 10 years ago is available at a 10 years ago price. It doesn't push all the threads for items that are currently available down the list. And no, 98% of people don't ever mark items sold. Especially if it doesn't sell right away.

Common sense, if someone is selling an Oompa Loompa or a Golden Goose, it's not going to be languishing unclaimed for a decade. But if you're the kind of person who picks scratch-off tickets out of the trash looking for a jackpot winner, you can leave the rest of us out of your eternal optimism by contacting the seller directly. Afterall, it's no one else's business anyway.

Post Script :

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.thi...686c913f88.jpg

Welcome to TGO. I don't mean to sound like I'm being hard on you, Mike. In fact, I wasn't even directing my "wise ***" comments at you. It's possible that some of us have spent enough time on the forum to know each other well enough to poke a little fun now and again. Mr 1992 Trans Am and Sir TTOP350 should realize when I'm pointing out the date, with a touch of humor, as a friendly ribbing rather than a "wise ***" reproach. You are in good company and in on the joke, don't take it too seriously. :)