Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   Fabrication (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/fabrication/)
-   -   Insane firewall in an 84' Camaro (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/fabrication/493001-insane-firewall-84-camaro.html)

RU-QWIK 09-15-2008 10:16 PM

Insane firewall in an 84' Camaro

http://www.lateral-g.net/forums/atta...4&d=1221526087

This car will be amazing !!!!

Jason

CanadianRoots 09-15-2008 10:42 PM

Re: Insane firewall in an 84' Camaro

Can't see the pic without being logged into that site...

AlkyIROC 09-15-2008 10:56 PM

:iagree:

I'm not logging on to every private forum just to view pictures. Find a public link.

Blownz28man 09-17-2008 08:21 PM

popballz 09-18-2008 01:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Stephen 87 IROC (Post 3889665)

I'm not logging on to every private forum just to view pictures. Find a public link.

i guess i am....

Attachment 443188

:welcome:

AlkyIROC 09-18-2008 08:24 AM

What a restrictive looking firewall. I'd never be able to pull my back spark plugs. I wonder where the master cylinder/brake booster will be? It doesn't look like there's any room for a HVAC system but I also don't know the intention of the car.

Blownz28man 09-18-2008 10:14 AM

looks good.. Hope its a show car only. Looks like theres no HVAC.. The vents are gone on the cowl. Good luck fitting in the Master cyl and getting the bolts started..lol

Stephen 09-18-2008 10:24 AM

Looks like a canditate for some street rod parts

Hidden AC & brake booster/master cylinder parts under the dash, for a clean firewall.

ghettocruiser 09-18-2008 10:30 AM

Im gonna go out on a limb here... If the guy building that, is going as far as it looks like he is...then I dont think he did it without a solution to those above issues...do you?

Maybe he's using race pedals/master cylinders. Maybe the entire dash and inside firewall is modified? A/C? Who cares. The thing looks like it has a pretty serious cage going on. A/C is probably the last thing it needs.

Im wondering if the smooth firewall and those openings have something to do with air passing under the car. Like maybe its meant to channel air differently or something. I dont know..

Any more pictures? Any explaination on that site?

J.

EDIT: out of curiousity, I signed up on the site, but the above link is just to the pic...is there a link to the build?

RU-QWIK 09-18-2008 01:35 PM

http://www.lateral-g.net/forums/show...ht=1984+camaro

Stephen 09-18-2008 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by RU-QWIK (Post 3892115)

I'm not gonna site up to another site, just so I can see everything.

Same with most people....We don't wanna sign up to every site out there.

ghettocruiser 09-18-2008 02:13 PM

I wanted to sign up...thats why I asked. It takes 3 minutes tops to sign up and Im glad I did. That car is f'in crazy. Nelson twin turbo 427, 4L80E, tubbed with 345s...and he mentioned keeping power accesories and A/C... Also stated somewhere about it running in the 8 second range.

The intake alone on this thing is a work of pure art. The entire car is just gorgeous. The sheetmetal work for the tubs, all the lines, the exhaust... I really hope to see some completed pictures of that sucker.

Nelson Racing is doing the build for the guy. Seems to be top notch work to say the least.

J.

RU-QWIK 09-18-2008 05:03 PM

You guys are being lazy... Sign up to the site, what's it take, 2 minutes?

Jason

RU-QWIK 09-19-2008 06:39 PM

3 Attachment(s)
This car is going to be -one- of the nicest thirdgens in the nation, possibly the world !

I wish my bank account could support a build like this...

Jason

einarak 09-19-2008 07:02 PM

if you are 3rd gen fans, this thread is worth the sign up, it is truly the most amazing custum build I´ve ever seen on a camaro! OMFG!!! This is what all of us dream of!

irockid86 09-20-2008 12:53 PM

no need.
https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/vbga...ber-44304.html

firebird896 09-20-2008 02:52 PM

That is awesome

RebornFromAshes 09-20-2008 11:03 PM

It looks cool but it doesn't look very practical. Access to the back of the engine and the back spark plugs is certainly going to be tough.

I expect it will work well enough for what it was intended. Looking at the engine mounts it looks like a car that is used to walking a fine line of just being practical enough to be driven on the street a little.

einarak 09-21-2008 04:00 AM

Originally Posted by RebornFromAshes (Post 3894377)
It looks cool but it doesn't look very practical. Access to the back of the engine and the back spark plugs is certainly going to be tough.

I expect it will work well enough for what it was intended. Looking at the engine mounts it looks like a car that is used to walking a fine line of just being practical enough to be driven on the street a little.

Dude, it is 1800 hp! This is probably not going to be a daily driven car anyway :eek:

irockid86 09-21-2008 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by RebornFromAshes (Post 3894377)

practicality has nothing to do with working on cars. you dump thousands of dollars and hours of time into a car and it raises the resale value a small amount. working on your own car is a hobby and it looks like this guy enjoys his hobby. it also looks like an answer to those 1200hp toyota supras!!

FSTFBDY 09-26-2008 07:29 PM

some pic's for the people who dont want to sign up over ethere.
This car has been in the works for some time.
http://www.cecoatings.com/images/oth...urbo%20camaro/

It will be at the sema show.

ad to quote some info from lateralg

from 1984 camaro's

First post I have a 1984 camaro with a Nelson Racing Twin Turbo 427 small block 1800hp,Electromotive Tec 3 engine management system, Billet intake manifold (with 16 injectors) and billet valve covers,Ron Davis radiator and inter-cooler,Custom built 4L80E transmission with TCI controls, Ricks hot rod shop duel pump stainless fuel tank, Aeromotive fuel pumps, Aje tubular K member, Spohn suspention upgrades, Moser 9 inch 35 spline, Lemmons duel 3 inch stainless oval exhaust, Full roll cage and frame mods, Baer brakes, 18 X 10 and 18" x 12" Fikse wheels, 345 rear rubber, Air conditioning, power windows, power mirrors, power locks, plus many more goodies. The guy in pic is Tom Nelson. Paint, Body, Engine compartment fabwork, Interior and assembly was done by myself. Tom is doing the engine, plumbing, Intake, mini tubbing, and 80e install. Thanks to my sponsors Ricks hot rod shop, Optima batteries, Nelson racing engines
Mark Bohlen has some pics of the camaro tubs on his web site at http://www.bentcustomandperformance...._84camaro.html

drknow90rs_ss@y 09-27-2008 01:44 AM

All i can say is.... WOW!!!!:eek: :eek:

Mathius 09-27-2008 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by RU-QWIK (Post 3893249)
This car is going to be -one- of the nicest thirdgens in the nation, possibly the world !

That really isn't saying much. Most people look at a third gen and think, "Mullet".

I've seen tons of ideas here on this site over the last 10 years, as well as some neat ideas in the Sport Truck and Sport Compact classes that could easily be ported over to a third gen.

Problem is, most of you guys can't be bothered to pick up a welder. There's also the stock nazis on this site that get pissed anytime you remove a factory sticker.

There's very few real custom third gens out there. It wouldn't take much effort at all to come up with a truly unique third gen.

Just a little bit of metal working skills and some time.

PS why is Mullet censored? I had to get creative.

Mathius

mesterz2889 09-27-2008 11:17 PM

i dont like it i think it looks like poop altho im very curious to see it finished

J's T/A 09-28-2008 10:55 AM

I like it, I like seeing what can be done as a reference for new ideas, BUT I like cars that are more practical for the average schmo to build better.. a schoolteacher like me for instance. Just that engine is probably my whole cars rebuild cost.

mesterz2889 09-28-2008 03:12 PM

if thats a nelson racing engine its probably at least 15 or 20k

einarak 09-29-2008 03:11 AM

Originally Posted by mesterz2889 (Post 3901754)
if thats a nelson racing engine its probably at least 15 or 20k

its more like 36k

http://nelsonracingengines.com/price..._427sbc_tt.pdf

nope 09-30-2008 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by einarak (Post 3893275)
if you are 3rd gen fans, ... OMFG!!! This is what all of us dream of!

not alwais true. i'm dreaming of an N/A 30+mpg camaro atm...mmm

GodSpeedGTA 09-30-2008 04:59 PM

I dont think I would throw 75k into my car if I had it. I think the expectations are unreal as well. I am jealous though, it will be killer when completed. As far as what i said before, talk about the biggest depreciation vehicle possible.

3rd Camaros are a dime a dozen on the road still, the birds are more rare for sure. So wow, there goes a sick tricked out camaro...thats great but what do you get out of it? A car youre scared to drive EVERYWHERE even at the track? If you hammer it with that nasty engine you will break lose up to 60mph.

Unlucky one time and all that work is GONE! Sounds pretty scary to me. It will end up sitting in a garage or on a show room floor. Thats cool but I doubt the expectations that are percieved.

FSTFBDY 10-01-2008 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by GodSpeedGTA (Post 3903920)
I dont think I would throw 75k into my car if I had it. I think the expectations are unreal as well. I am jealous though, it will be killer when completed. As far as what i said before, talk about the biggest depreciation vehicle possible.

3rd Camaros are a dime a dozen on the road still, the birds are more rare for sure. So wow, there goes a sick tricked out camaro...thats great but what do you get out of it? A car youre scared to drive EVERYWHERE even at the track? If you hammer it with that nasty engine you will break lose up to 60mph.

Unlucky one time and all that work is GONE! Sounds pretty scary to me. It will end up sitting in a garage or on a show room floor. Thats cool but I doubt the expectations that are percieved.

I totally disagree. If Im gonna dump that much $ into a car im doing it to drive the piss out of it. I build em to enjoy em. drive it like you stole it.

RU-QWIK 10-04-2008 07:44 AM

That is what we pay the insurance bill for. Wreck it, be bummed out about it, then build another even better, or find another use for the $$$

chevyracingrox 10-04-2008 09:27 AM

If you hammer it with that nasty engine you will break lose up to 60mph.

be realistic, 1800 hp, it'll break loose at like 120 lol

jfg455 10-07-2008 11:34 AM

Not for nothing but the quality of the fab work alone is awesome. Practicality, streetability or acess to the plugs obviously don't matter to the person who owns it. But then again, bare metal in various stages of custom fab always gets me excited.

GodSpeedGTA 10-07-2008 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by TPl383 (Post 3905151)
I totally disagree. If Im gonna dump that much $ into a car im doing it to drive the piss out of it. I build em to enjoy em. drive it like you stole it.

You didnt pay attention. Did I ever say you should build strictly show cars? NO, I said thats what it will end up being. 1800hp doesnt belong on the street and that is what it was said to be.

Yes, you would probably break the tires loose above a 100 very easily with that high of a power #. Good luck finding and insurance company to back that kind of car too. And when you do wreck it (if that happens) then you'll be more then "bummed"...its not one of those "o well" moments.

1000s of man hours on a vehicle means a lot to a true car guy. Most guys dont ever put near that many hours into a car so they dont have any idea. I spent a year and 3 months on my cars paint job and body work and Im worried about other morons ruining my work everytime I drive. I have no problem taking it out on the road but I take pride in the time I put into it. You dont build a real nice car to abuse it.

mesterz2889 10-07-2008 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by chevyracingrox (Post 3907386)
be realistic, 1800 hp, it'll break loose at like 120 lol

word

Shadygrady 10-07-2008 10:34 PM

What kinda intake is on that thing.Is that a prototype of the ellusive BBK turtle ram.

BlackTopKing 10-08-2008 07:28 AM

I like it, So many people with the same cars and same styles all chasing the same parts...at some point to stand alone and out of the washed crowed. YOU got to go that extra 110%

If you are going to only do 100%- stay home
You got to do the 110% to-stay ahead

This guy just went the 130%, yes to change plugs he will have to go another 130%, but in the meantime I highly dought he cares and to be honest it looks very well thought out with the layout and weld points...bet he got that figured to....

No pic of the underside of the fire wall, may not be tucked and only top caped leaving all the room under the car.....

Great look Great Job
I like it cause its different

just my 2HP
;)

83TransAmRECARO 10-08-2008 08:07 AM

I think its gonna rock...!
The fab. work alone is very nice... that many horses is gonna need the extra support... maybe he is bracing the upper end of the car to reduce flexure..
all in all..
Great Work...

GodSpeedGTA: I agree with you on the man hours... get what you put in it..
more hours = Quality

stage20 10-23-2008 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by TPl383 (Post 3900207)
some pic's for the people who dont want to sign up over ethere.
This car has been in the works for some time.
http://www.cecoatings.com/images/oth...urbo%20camaro/

It will be at the sema show.

ad to quote some info from lateralg

Mark Bohlen has some pics of the camaro tubs on his web site at http://www.bentcustomandperformance...._84camaro.html

what happened to the firewall work, or is this a diff car?

kahless 10-24-2008 06:21 AM

one word NICE:eek:

mikehaase1norse 09-26-2009 12:08 AM

just plain sick

Uglybronco 10-05-2009 10:26 AM

For anyone who doesn't subscribe or already know.. This car's engine was on the cover of the Jun '09 Hot Rod and the whole car is the main feature of the month. Just in case any of yall need more to drool on.

http://www.hotrod.com/featuredvehicl...aro/index.html

ericjon262 10-06-2009 02:46 PM

I like the factory appearing body, but I'm not really a fan of the super smoothed engine bay, I like a more industial look.

JaggedJames24 12-11-2009 03:12 PM

I know this is a old thread but...
heres a link http://nelsonracingengines.com/pix-rides-nsc003.html

Oelmuvun 12-11-2009 05:07 PM

http://nelsonracingengines.com/image.../nrez28-13.jpg
I am sorry but that is just.. yuk.

stage20 12-11-2009 06:31 PM

sheeeet. thats badass.

//<86TA>\\ 12-11-2009 06:57 PM

i kinda like it, all but the plenum

gotabekidding 12-11-2009 07:31 PM

I saw it finished in a magazine as well

Recognition deserved :nod:

Regardless of anyone's opinion - that is a lot of work !!!

It looks great! Almost too great to drive.

ericjon262 12-12-2009 02:13 AM

I respect the amount of work that went into it, but whats with the fugly early style base model tail lights?

Caveman305 12-14-2009 03:33 PM

i found it in a magazine as well, its pretty sick finished, and im sure they are ready to pull the whole motor when any work needs doing