Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   Firebirds for Sale (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/firebirds-sale/)
-   -   87 TOJAN CONVERTIBLE / pontiac trans am !!!SOLD!!! (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/firebirds-sale/573350-87-tojan-convertible-pontiac.html)

ted gerlach 05-21-2010 05:32 AM

87 TOJAN CONVERTIBLE / pontiac trans am !!!SOLD!!!

i have an 87 tojan convertible / pontiac trans am 350 tpi, auto posi rear disc 9 bolt, with a really crappy black paint job, black and gray interior with reacrdo bucket seats, interior does need some help, top is on the way out, original wheels were removed along time ago i was going to due something custom so the car is just sitting on a set of rollers,
heres the deal with the car, it needed a fuel pump went to due the fuel pump and the tank had lots of crap in it so i changed out the tank [ used part] pump [ new part] and sending unit [ used part came with tank], also put a new fuel filter in, when it came time to put the rear back up the rear shocks were shot so i changed then to monroe, car ran but crappy with a check engine light, mass air flow was shot, swapped the mass air flow out with a used one thats only 2 months old, car runs great now, changed the oil was not sure how old or long it had been in there same with the trans fluid,
also going to change the cap, rotor, wires and plugs this weekend,
need to buy rear parking brake cables they were shot i have them both, also could use rear brakes not gone just nasty from sitting did not get that far yet, same with the front pads not sure of the condition of the rotors front or rear, was gointg to get the same make front strut just did not get that far yet struts, but we were getting there,
plans for the car was to repaint it the factory white, fix the interior up and put a new top on with some 17x9 and 17x11 rims with new tires, and cruise it with the family, its going to take me at least 1 year to pull this off now since i have to worry about 4th child and its all ready taken 2 years just to get this much done, plus the fact i have had 3 surgerys [ hand, shoulder and neck] in the last 2 years due to a bad car wreck that was not my failt,
have many pics if interested just e-mail me at wtg3575@aol.com
cant get them to upload on here,
asking $4700 or best offer,

JT 05-22-2010 08:06 PM

Re: 87 TOJAN CONVERTIBLE / pontiac trans am

I'll host the pictures for you if you want to email them to me at jt@thirdgen.org

Originally Posted by ted gerlach (Post 4552024)
i have an 87 tojan convertible / pontiac trans am 350 tpi, auto posi rear disc 9 bolt, with a really crappy black paint job, black and gray interior with reacrdo bucket seats, interior does need some help, top is on the way out, original wheels were removed along time ago i was going to due something custom so the car is just sitting on a set of rollers,
heres the deal with the car, it needed a fuel pump went to due the fuel pump and the tank had lots of crap in it so i changed out the tank [ used part] pump [ new part] and sending unit [ used part came with tank], also put a new fuel filter in, when it came time to put the rear back up the rear shocks were shot so i changed then to kyb gr2, car ran but crappy with a check engine light, mass air flow was shot, swapped the mass air flow out with a used one thats only 2 months old, car runs great now, changed the oil was not sure how old or long it had been in there same with the trans fluid,
also going to change the cap, rotor, wires and plugs this weekend,
need to buy rear parking brake cables they were shot i have them both, also could use rear brakes not gone just nasty from sitting did not get that far yet, same with the front pads not sure of the condition of the rotors front or rear, was gointg to get the same make front struts [kyb gr2] just did not get that far yet struts, but we were getting there,
plans for the car was to repaint it the factory white, fix the interior up and put a new top on with some 17x9 and 17x11 rims with new tires, and cruise it with the family, its going to take me at least 1 year to pull this off now since i have to worry about 4th child and its all ready taken 2 years just to get this much done, plus the fact i have had 3 surgerys [ hand, shoulder and neck] in the last 2 years due to a bad car wreck that was not my failt,
have many pics if interested just e-mail me at wtg3575@aol.com
cant get them to upload on here,
asking $4700 or best offer,

ted gerlach 05-24-2010 07:51 AM

e-mail sent with pics, and thanks

JT 05-24-2010 06:43 PM

Here's Ted's pictures:

http://www.gtanotchback.com/misc/tedtrojan1.jpg
http://www.gtanotchback.com/misc/tedtrojan2.jpg
http://www.gtanotchback.com/misc/tedtrojan3.jpg

ted gerlach 07-03-2010 04:54 AM

started to work on her, but still for sale

ted gerlach 08-16-2010 06:26 PM

to the top

ted gerlach 09-23-2010 05:07 AM

what i have done to the car,
front struts, moog lower balljoints, brake rotors, repacked the wheel bearings, new front calipers both, new front brake hoses both, front brake pads,
need to due the idler arm still but i have it also, i think all all thats bad with the stearing but we shall see,
plans are to look for rims

92conv 10-04-2010 10:44 AM

Interesting car, any interior pics???

ted gerlach 10-04-2010 04:28 PM

sorry i never took any, but i can what syour e-mail address so i can send them to you

ted gerlach 03-23-2011 05:05 AM

still for sale,

ted gerlach 09-18-2011 04:58 AM

still for sale, now has a replacement trans in it, original trans was slipping, car needs to go to a new home i dont have time to work on it,

ted gerlach 10-19-2011 04:53 AM

really looking to sell has gold gta wheels on it now looks alot better also car is now in primer and almost all of the minor work that need to be done done, just a couple spots to touch up, paint any color you want, make offer car has to go,

jchaussee 10-19-2011 11:44 PM

i am extremly suprised you havent sold it yet. that is a very fair price.

ted gerlach 10-20-2011 05:15 AM

not even one person came to look at it, plus its negotable,

fcukit33 12-08-2011 05:51 PM

does the top leak? any rust issues? if u have pics of it primired and the interior cj.reilly@live.com

ted gerlach 01-11-2012 05:13 AM

no rust, back window in the top is gone now, no pics of it in primer,

reeper77 02-15-2012 12:24 PM

is the car still for sale I just tried your email if its still active

ted gerlach 02-15-2012 04:42 PM

yes i still have it

reeper77 02-15-2012 04:51 PM

Hi I will send you my personal email and its still for sale?

ted gerlach 02-17-2012 04:42 AM

still have it deal could not be made

ted gerlach 02-18-2012 04:31 AM

sold