Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   History / Originality (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/history-originality/)
-   -   ASC Sunroof install on Third Gens (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/history-originality/509427-asc-sunroof-install-third.html)

t_towner 01-28-2009 04:02 PM

ASC Sunroof install on Third Gens

Ok, I did a quick search and didn't really find anything on the ASC Sunroof's.

I have a friend who emailed me about a camaro he has with an ASC installed sunroof. This car is loaded to the hilt with options. He's owned it since the mid 90's and purchased it off the original estate.

Question: was the sunroof a dealer or owner installed option? Any idea how many were built for say 89, 90 and 91? Is this unique or fairly common?

Thanks for the help!!

Hallsresto.com 01-28-2009 08:54 PM

Re: ASC Sunroof install on Third Gens

i have one of these..as far as i can tell its technically a dealer installed option as it doesnt have its own RPO code..but mine is listed on the build sheeet and invoice as being shipped to ASC from the factory for the conversion..definately not a owner mod...

t_towner 01-28-2009 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by Hallsresto.com (Post 4024595)
i have one of these..as far as i can tell its technically a dealer installed option as it doesnt have its own RPO code..but mine is listed on the build sheeet and invoice as being shipped to ASC from the factory for the conversion..definately not a owner mod...

What year is your car? Have any pics to share? How much did the sunroof cost when new?

In regards to the car I'm talking about.....from what I understand the conversion was done when the car was brand new. Not sure if the car was special ordered and shipped to ASC before arriving at dealership or was bought at the dealer and then sent over for the conversion?

Hallsresto.com 01-29-2009 07:40 AM

i will post pics,,mine is an 84 sport coupe with 305 and 700r4...also was a UL5 radio delete car and had limited slip rear end...go figure...i have scans if the invoice and buildsheet somewhere..ill find them and post as well..

okfoz 01-29-2009 08:09 AM

Were not many of those cars labeled as a ZF?

John

chindo 02-15-2009 12:19 PM

I have a 92 rs with a 305 tbi, auto that has a sunroof as well, does anyone know where i could get the weather stripping for it????

okfoz 02-16-2009 08:13 AM

Try one of the places that does sunroof conversions.

John

JAYBIRDPHEONIX 06-19-2011 06:02 PM

Im also trying to find out about these sunroofs cause I was at a junk yard yesterday (one of those pull it yourself type deals) and I saw one...I was totally confused so I pulled it and bought it along with the molding on the inside..I tried to get the track too but that was NOT coming out....can any of you with the sunroof snap a pic?